Dose it bug anyone else that Katrina different voce???

Katrina voce

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Dose it bug anyone else that in the new episodes Katrina has a different voce

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes: 48

fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Dose it bug anyone else that Katrina different voce???

Post by fatlooy »

Dose it bug anyone else that in the new episodes Katrina has a different voce?? I have been listening to them and it’s been aerating me really bad.
I wrote the AIO ppl and all they said was that the actress wasn’t available when they started.
Last edited by fatlooy on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I don't care... :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Who cares about Katrina's voice? I don't. Everybody is complaining because she has a different voice. How long ago was it that people on this forum were complaining that Eugene and Katrina were not even on AIO? Why can't people be happy that they are back instead of complaining all of the time. You should be grateful that we even have Eugene and Katrina instead of complaining because you don't like the voice. ](*,)
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

Laurie wrote:Who cares about Katrina's voice? I don't. Everybody is complaining because she has a different voice. How long ago was it that people on this forum were complaining that Eugene and Katrina were not even on AIO? Why can't people be happy that they are back instead of complaining all of the time. You should be grateful that we even have Eugene and Katrina instead of complaining because you don't like the voice. ](*,)
don't get me rong i am glad there back it just her new voce is sorta anoying.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's not a big deal to me, really. Yeah, Pam Haydn was "better" maybe (mostly because she was the first) but the new one does a good job, and is all that is available. We don't hear many complaints about Paul Herlinger taking over as Whit, so I don't see why this is any different--even though Pam is slightly more available than Hal Smith. Pam is probably busy doing more Simpson episodes, yay! \:D/
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

The Top Crusader wrote:It's not a big deal to me, really. Yeah, Pam Haydn was "better" maybe (mostly because she was the first) but the new one does a good job, and is all that is available. We don't hear many complaints about Paul Herlinger taking over as Whit, so I don't see why this is any different--even though Pam is slightly more available than Hal Smith. Pam is probably busy doing more Simpson episodes, yay! \:D/
none complanes about the new whit bc he souns identical if you go lisen you cant tell the diferenc but with katrina you taltaly can.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Haha...

I still like Pam better. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, the only option is having Katrina die, or get a new voice... and they probably didn't want her to die or leave Eugene or something. :)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well, the only option is having Katrina die, or get a new voice... and they probably didn't want her to die or leave Eugene or something. :)
Or they could have had it where she was kidnapped or they decided it was safer not having both of them in the same place or something.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

just have her go on a short trip have her come back and be her ariganal voce agen
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Well, the only option is having Katrina die, or get a new voice... and they probably didn't want her to die or leave Eugene or something. :)
Or they could have had it where she was kidnapped or they decided it was safer not having both of them in the same place or something.

-Cowboy
I think you would be better off leaving things the way they are. Either way people are still going to complain.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

fatlooy wrote:just have her go on a short trip have her come back and be her ariganal voce agen
But Pam is an accomplished voice actor and may not want to come back... :( I'm sure the Simpsons takes up a lot of her time! \:D/
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

The Top Crusader wrote:
fatlooy wrote:just have her go on a short trip have her come back and be her ariganal voce agen
But Pam is an accomplished voice actor and may not want to come back... :( I'm sure the Simpsons takes up a lot of her time! \:D/
who dose she play on simpsons (p.s no afence i hate that show and down know y she would go to that insted od AIO (probibly bc simpsons is more popular))
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Mainly Bart's friend Milhouse but she does a few other random characters, too.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Katrina seems different somehow, now that Pam Hayden isn't voicing her. Either way, I think Pam did an excellent job, and I'll miss her as Katrina. Her coming back would be great, but I don't see that happening, unfortunately.
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

LizzieG wrote:Katrina seems different somehow, now that Pam Hayden isn't voicing her. Either way, I think Pam did an excellent job, and I'll miss her as Katrina. Her coming back would be great, but I don't see that happening, unfortunately.
AMEN!!!!!!!
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

The character's changed on paper, too. Not counting the voice talent, if you were to compare Katrina from 1995 to Katrina from 2005, you would notice quite a few differences. She reacts to situations differently, she says things in a different way, etc. The character has changed. And while the change wouldn't be as noticeable if Pam were voicing Katrina, it would still be there.

But, it doesn't really matter. Weather they bring Pamela back or not, in a few years no one will care about the "new" Katrina. They'll adjust. When Paul Herlinger first replaced Hal Smith as Whit, there was an uproar among me and my friends who listened to the show. They d the new Whit! So did I. Now, however, I've completely adjusted to Paul's voice. I think he's adjusted to the part, too (he has played Whit for three years longer than Hal now). People got used to him, sometimes to the extent of not being able to tell the difference. We'll get used to Audrey, too. That is, if they ever put Katrina on a show again!
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

It Bugs me i mean i'm glad that they are back and everything but i think they should have the same acrtess
Iknow that WHit was played my Hal S. and then changed to Paul M. but the voice is so mutch alike that if i was a newbie to listening to aio i would not know but i would notice Katrina because its way differant even my dad who doesn't listen to aio noticed
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Actually to me, The "new Katrina" sounds closer to Pam's than Paul's did to Hal's. I knew right away that Whit's voice was different. But I didn't even notice Katrina's voice until someone mentioned it. I'm getting a little tired of this always comimg up. You guys need to get over this. She's a supporting character that makes an occassional appearance. I mean, we haven't even heard Katrina for a while and I hope that it's not because of all the whiners on this board.

Hal's Whit will always have a special place in my heart, but I have grown fond of Paul's Whit. Paul has kept Whit alive and well and I will be eternally grateful for that.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

Liz_Horton wrote:It Bugs me i mean i'm glad that they are back and everything but i think they should have the same acrtess
Iknow that WHit was played my Hal S. and then changed to Paul M. but the voice is so mutch alike that if i was a newbie to listening to aio i would not know but i would notice Katrina because its way differant even my dad who doesn't listen to aio noticed
AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNN