More episodes about Whit's past ?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

More episodes about Whit's past ?

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Would anyone else like to hear more about Whit's past ??

a) days as an agent (exciting)
b) wedding to Jenny
c) Teaching

D) anything else that may be interesting
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Any or all of the above sounds good! \:D/ I would really like to hear more about Whit's time as an agent, or with his kids, like in "Silent Night." Whit is so complex and has done so much that his past is fascinating to hear about! \:D/
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Most of the above sound interesting. I think exploring Whit's past is a good way to keep him from being just a two-dimensional advice giver.

One thing I would like is if we found out Whit had past experience with Regis Blackgaard! Of course, in "The Nemesis," Whit acts like he doesn't know Regis is a bad guy, but hey! Maybe Whit was giving Regis a second chance because Regis hadn't yet become quite as evil (or maybe not evil at all) when Whit knew him before. Maybe Whit and Regis could have even worked together as agents on some cooperative project with the Department of Defense and the European Security Agency. Maybe Whit even tried to lead Blackgaard to Jesus as they worked together on a case, but Blackgaard cared more about power than about God. They could have been sort of an Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker pair (except without the mentor-student relationship)! \:D/ Wouldn't that be a cool way to explore Whit's past as a special agent and learn about Dr. Blackgaard's spiritual downfall simultaneously?
And at the same time, too?
--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yes to all of the above. We have needed to hear about Whit's past for a very long time.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I have thought of that. But various things in the Nemesis make me think Whit and Blackgaard have never met.

Obviously, Blackgaard knew of Whit and was mad at him for taking the property and wanted to get back at him and get Applesauce. But they met in the episode. And Blackgaard wanted more info on Whit. And Whit acted like he knew nothing of Dr. B's past, unless he was hiding something.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I agree. I've thought for a while that episodes about his life as an agent would be especially good! The Blackgaard connection sounds great - and it would be a fun way to sort of bring him back! I'm all for it :D
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I am not very sure.
War episodes or more with Whit and Jack