Do You Like How Eugene Isn't Such a Geek?

Eugene's change

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Do You Like How Eugene Isn't Such a Geek?

Post by Fei »

Once Eugene Comes back to Odyssey somthing was different. He was'nt that geeky nerd anymore, he still uses big words but he is more mature. Katrina should be a theripist if she can improve Eugene in a few months! What are your thoughts? :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugene was actually gone for several years, not a few months. :) Maybe he partially outgrew his geekiness. Maybe Novacom scared it out of him. ;)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Geekness, come back! :mecry: I liked the combo of extreme intelegence, yet inmature, like he didn't really have it all under control. :(
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

i like how geekey he was i miss it in him.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

NatetheGreat wrote:Geekness, come back! :mecry: I liked the combo of extreme intelegence, yet inmature, like he didn't really have it all under control. :(
Too true. I liked his geekyness.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

He just hasn't been placed in that many situations where his geekiness has been able to shine. In "Tales of a Small Town Thug" he still has a propensity for dispensing knowledge either when asked or when not asked.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Ah, the geeky Eugene...I'll miss him too, but at least he's back!
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I liked Eugene better before his disappearance. He's too normal and mature now! :-s
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

To put it succinctly Eugene's maturity has caught up with his bran.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I had never really thought about it but yeah, Eugene is suddenly so Eugenelike. Yeah, Eugene become a "geek" again. For the sake of Odyssey.
I do what I do.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I actually love Eugene's change! Sure he's not quite as funny anymore, but it's great to hear how he's matured over the years. He's not the same person he was when he first walked onto the show, and believe me, that's a good thing! If he stayed the same for 20 years, that would get boring, and would be a sign of immaturity on the writers' parts. The best way to develop a main character on a show like this is to let them "grow up." Eugene's still a very fun character, but now he's a man!
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...