"Sticks and Stones"

Where'd it Go?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

"Sticks and Stones"

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I know this question has probably been asked and answered before, but what happened to the AIO episode "Sticks and Stones" that was aired with "Two Roads" but when "Two Roads" was put on CD, it was paired with some episode I'd never head before called "Lion Tale" (or "Lyin Tail", I 4get). So what happened to "Sticks and Stones" and why was it gotten rid of?

EDIT: ... well, I'm glad so many people are in "the know"

=D>
Last edited by HarlowRoxMySox on Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

You could always go to the official site or Nathan Hoobler's site and do the research yourself. It would be an excellent learning experience.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I've tried the official site and come up with nothing. What's Nathan's?

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's www.aiohq.com :) There's lots of info there, though I don't know about the info that you want. I think I might have read/heard something about the ep not being included because they didn't want to release all the split episodes together and they received a negative response and never released the other ones, but I'm not sure where I read that, or if I just invented it. ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I think I heard that too. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I think I heard that too. ;)
Good to know - either I'm not crazy, or COT had invaded my mind and reads my thoughts, which means that we're both in trouble. ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:I've tried the official site and come up with nothing. What's Nathan's?
Not to bash the aio team or Focus, but the official site is downright horrible if you want a good deal of info b/c it was designed for 8 year olds. www.aiosf.com and www.aiohq.com are the places to go.

And Catspaw is correct, the ep wasn't released b/c it got a very bad response. If I remember correctly it isn't even aired any more.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I did some research and found this in an interview with Marshal Younger:
Marshal Younger wrote:
When you wrote the episode "Sticks and Stones," what response were you hoping to evoke from the audience? Did you get it? Is there some reason that it isn't going to be on the collection "In Your Wildest Dreams"?
I had wanted to do an episode dealing with name-calling for a long time, but I wanted to delve into the after-effects of it. How it affects you as an adult. My wife was haunted well into her adulthood by feelings of ugliness, simply because as a kid, her sisters teased her mercilessly about being ugly. She still thought she was ugly in her 20's. And my wife's a babe. But that point never came out in the writing. I simply did it poorly. Yes, it didn't make the album for two reasons. First, when the McCusker regime started, he decided that it provided kids with an arsenal of fat jokes (in the scene with Rodney). But I think it was more than that. I think it was just a bad episode. I'm glad it's not on the album.
I hope that helps :).
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

That totally answers the question. Thanks guys! This thread can now be locked!

Thanks again! :grouphug: