Jellyfish....

like, why does......

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Jellyfish....

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Like, why does he hate his actual name? Anyone know? I am dieing to know! Also, does anyone know his reason for hating Richard Maxwell?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If your name was Myron, would you like it? ;)

I don't think any specific reason was given, but it does sound rather unattractive. :( As for his hatred for Richard Maxwell, no real details are given, but the impression is given that they had some run-ins while in prison together that provided them with reasons to dislike each other.

If you want to read some really well-written fanfiction speculation about Richard Maxwell, some of it involving Jellyfish, read Joni_Slade's stories in Inventor's Corner. :D They're fabulous, and expand on what we do know from AIO.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I think he just thinks that "Jellyfish" is cooler. :D Myron... :-#
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Aww, thank you for the plug, Catspaw :) :)

I imagine that Myron giving himself a new name was a way for himself to establish who he wanted to be. Jellyfish are unexpectedly dangerous, after all. It could also have been a desire to separate himself from his family of origin and perhaps their expectations of him . . . In my fanfic Biding Time he speculates a little on what the name "Jellyfish" means . . . or rather, what "Jelly" and "Fish" mean for him . . . but not on why and how he originally chose it. Who was it, Butch Evans, who said maybe it's because he's "slimy or a good swimmer or something"? Could be :)

I also wondered why he hated Richard. The reasons for Richard to dislike him were well-established on the show, since we got to hear Richard's POV that Jellyfish set him up repeatedly, but we never learned why Jellyfish picked on him. So I wrote Kamikaze to propose a possible explanation.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Latest fanfiction: Parting Words.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Ooh! I know Jellyfish is a bad guy, but I have always liked him for some reason.

By the way, Catspaw. Who is the guy in your signature line?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Joni_Slade wrote:Aww, thank you for the plug, Catspaw :) :)
You're more than welcome! :D
Samitude wrote: By the way, Catspaw. Who is the guy in your signature line?
My current signature is of Yannick Bisson, due to my love for Jack Hudson in the TV show "Sue Thomas FBEye." :inlove: J-man made this sig for me. \:D/
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Catspaw wrote:If your name was Myron, would you like it? ;)
Yeah, I think that sums it up pretty well. ;)
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

AIOFan11 wrote:I think he just thinks that "Jellyfish" is cooler. :D Myron... :-#
I always liked the name of Jellyfish! \:D/ It was very original of the AIO team to give a villain that name. :D
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Trinarius wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:I think he just thinks that "Jellyfish" is cooler. :D Myron... :-#
I always liked the name of Jellyfish! \:D/ It was very original of the AIO team to give a villain that name. :D
It was inspired by the name of a Rock Band.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Bella Swan
Not as new
Location: " Lets get this over with before someones wets themselves." Danny Messer CSI New York

Post by Bella Swan »

i think he dose not like his real name so he came uo with Jellyfish because of his tatoo. thats's what i think Orlando Depp
I'm in love with a very loving Vampire and I love Edward very much. I also love my Best Friend Jacob Black but in a sisterly way .
CSI MIAMI RULES BABY !!!!!!!
King Peter The Magnificent ,Queen Susan The Gentle ,King Edmund The Just ,Queen Lucy The valiant
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

[quote="Orlando Depp"]i think he dose not like his real name so he came uo with Jellyfish because of his tatoo. thats's what i think Orlando Depp[/quote]

Hey, OD, your pants are on fire!!!!!!!! I am going into Mr. G's funny line! We need to hear Bob Smiley again, Brittni! I just love Mr. G. I am going to really miss him next year, but boy am I happy I am going to TVJA, and no Ashley and Caitlin, and Ryan!!!!!!!!! Also, you got that from me! No fair! Actually, I got it from Joni,m so you have to look uo "AIOFanfic: Kamikaze." Hey, that book I was reading, "Laura's Victory", well, I saw the word Kamikaze 3 times in one page! I just love world war 2! Fat chance inn my life time. Hitler and the Japanese back then, I am so glad that happened back then and not now. I have a friend that is Japanese and she is really nice. Actually, it is my mom or dad's friend, or sister's, can't remember.

So go read Kamikaze Brittni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It may help you see why I like "Him" so much! Love, RM.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Although, if my real name were Myron I don't think I'd pick "Jellyfish" as a nickname. But, w/e makes his boat float!
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Myron, I think I would like that for my name.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I like the name Myron, but I guess he didn't, and so came up with a nickname. (it's better than Armpit)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Arwen wrote:I like the name Myron, but I guess he didn't, and so came up with a nickname. (it's better than Armpit)
You have a point there. :hilarious:

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

Richard betrayed his boss and he probably betrayed Jellyfish at some point in prison too. I hate betrayals ](*,) . It tears people apart.
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Myron...hehe...I'm gonna laugh so hard if someone is introduced to me as Myron! :D

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

jasodia wrote:Myron...hehe...I'm gonna laugh so hard if someone is introduced to me as Myron! :D
I knew a Myron a long time ago. He hated his name too! :eek!:

Maybe he became Jellyfish! LOL!
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
toby_newsboys_pod2
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by toby_newsboys_pod2 »

they should bring jelly fish back
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

They did-- he changed his name to Ben and married Audrey and Bethany's mom. :-D