Hurray for the D.L.F.!

Prince Caspian to be released December 2007

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Hurray for the D.L.F.!

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

This link has a bit of information about this.

I'm so excited! I hope they do a good job with this one; it's one of my very favourites.

Does anyone else know anything I don't?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I won't believe it until Narnia Web has something about it. Everyone is pretty sure that it's going to happen and be released around that time, though.

Also, LWW has passed the $500 million mark worldwide.

And the D.L.F. rocks! \:D/

EDIT: It appears that Entertainment Weekly also has an article on it. There is still no official word, though, although it is confirmed that Douglass Gresham is currently working on it, and the screenplay does exist, at least in part.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Will they use the same actors for all the movies, do you think, or will they use different ones? Personally, my favorite Narnia book is the Horse and his Boy.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

So any more new news as to whether the story is true?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Let's put it this way. Narnia has more than lived up to expectations. It hasn't been LOTR but it has proven that it bring in enough money. Movies making far less have been given sequals before so Narnia is a shoe in for at least one more movie...

If Narnia had been LOTR like and grosses around 400 million (It probably won't) then we might see a contract for more movies. But the studio wants to make sure this isn't a fad. Sure they got a lot of money for the first one but will everyone be as excited about #2? If they aren't there's no way a number #3 will be made.

Plus, I have read several reports that though the film hasn't officially been annouced, the screen play for Prince Caspian is being worked on.

I think we can be fairly certain Prince Caspian will come out but it's still a toss up for the rest of the series...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

Stryper:

Accourding to Narniaweb:

Will all the Narnia stories be produced or just the first?
There are plenty of rumors that the series will be shortened to five, but these are just rumors. Walden has never said there were just five movies planned, and in the end the number of films produced will depend almost entirely on how well they do. Walden has optioned the entire seven-part series for film development.

I have a feeling that all the movies will be quite succesfull, so I'm assured that all seven books will be put to the big screen.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

jasodia wrote:Will they use the same actors for all the movies, do you think, or will they use different ones? Personally, my favorite Narnia book is the Horse and his Boy.
THEY HAVE TOO! If they don't I'll be mad. In the Horse and his Boy though, they will probably use the characters at the very end of TLTWATW that played the 'older' versions of the children...that's MY theory anyways:) 2007? We have to wait that long? *sob* :mecry: but I do love Prince Caspian...YAY!!! I was hoping they would come out 1 every year......

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

No that would only happen if Disney had pulled a Peter Jackson and filmed all seven movies at once.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

YEAH for Prince Caspian coming out!!!!! \:D/ I guessed that they would do it after I saw that they made 100 million (worldwide market) in 2 days.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I hope Prince Caspian is just as succesful as LWW and that they'll make more for the series. But if Caspian isn't a huge success i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do the whole series. What I have heard though is that Disney or Walden bought the rights to make all 7, so they at least have the option to if they choose to do so. For now though I am pleased to know that they are probably going to make Caspian, and hopefully the actors will be the same.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

LTWTW hasn't even come out where I live! I want to watch it so bad!!! And they should definately make all seven books.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yes!!

Wait a minute...2 years!?!? ](*,)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Perosnally I think it would work better if they combined Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I mean for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader the bulk of the story takes place on the ship. But that's just my own opinion.

Wait a minute...2 years!?!?](*,)
Didn't you know Harry Potter is the perfect movie to put it up against.. That and it might take a while to actually develop the script, negociate contracts, find new actors/actresses, etc.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

dawningoftime wrote:Perosnally I think it would work better if they combined Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I mean for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader the bulk of the story takes place on the ship. But that's just my own opinion.
NOOOO!!! Don't succumb to the old BBC tactic :shame:

In order for BBC to do that, they had to throw out GOBS of great story and material... I'm still not sure entirely why they did it :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

STRYPER wrote:
dawningoftime wrote:Perosnally I think it would work better if they combined Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I mean for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader the bulk of the story takes place on the ship. But that's just my own opinion.
NOOOO!!! Don't succumb to the old BBC tactic :shame:

In order for BBC to do that, they had to throw out GOBS of great story and material... I'm still not sure entirely why they did it :-k
That had a limited budget and bad leadership. (Bad acting as well. ;) )

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

The only thing I'm really worried about as far as Prince Caspian goes is that they'll focus heavily on the Greek Mythology parts of the book, rather than the good redemption and Biblical scenes.
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Me wrote:I won't believe it until Narnia Web has something about it. Everyone is pretty sure that it's going to happen and be released around that time, though.

Also, LWW has passed the $500 million mark worldwide.

And the D.L.F. rocks! \:D/

EDIT: It appears that Entertainment Weekly also has an article on it. There is still no official word, though, although it is confirmed that Douglass Gresham is currently working on it, and the screenplay does exist, at least in part.
Narnia Web hase some information sbout Prince Caspien (I hope I spelled that right ;)) I also herd that they already signed the kids from LWW (the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe) to act in Caspien. I saw the BBC version of Caspien, it was dumb. But amusing :). Anyway, cant wait for Caspien! \:D/

Alex.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

*threads merged*

CLICK HERE

Christmas 2007

YAY!!!!! :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »