Doritos Locos Tacos

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Doritos Locos Tacos

Post by bookworm »

If you watch any TV at all you have probably been bombarded by commercials for this new item from Taco Bell for the past month or so. I’m not a big fan of Doritos so I already wasn’t going to buy one, but the constant annoying commercials turned me off of the whole thing even if I had been planning to. Honestly, it’s like this is the only thing Taco Bell sells now. (Which could be true, I haven’t been to Taco Bell in quite a while.) They are going absolutely insane over this thing. So either it’s the best fast food item ever introduced, or it’s unbelievably delicious and deserving of all this hype.

Well, this afternoon I’m going to try one and I’ll let you know which it is. Because there was a base stolen in the World Series, Taco Bell is giving away free Doritos Locos Tacos today from 2-6PM. Like I said there’s no way I’m buying one, but if it’s free I guess I have to try it out and see what the big deal is.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just got back from getting one free! \:D/ It was...okay. Good, but I think I like a traditional taco better.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Alright, here’s my review.
First, I have to mention how many people were there to get their free one. Oh my goodness, it was the longest drive thru line I have ever seen in my life. I went inside, and there was a good size group of people in there as well.
The first thing I noticed when I got it was that it comes in a nice little sleeve so you don’t have to touch it and get Doritos dust all over your fingers. I appreciated that because that was one of my initial concerns. I pulled the sleeve back to check out the shell and found it to be a very interesting orange color. Not quite the shade I was expecting, being made from Doritos chips. Then I ate it and... don’t really have much to say about it. Honestly, I couldn’t tell the difference between this and one of their regular hard shell tacos. There wasn’t a distinctly Doritos flavor to it, even when I broke off a piece of the shell to east just on its own.
So in summary, this item is definitely not deserving of all the hype it’s getting. It wasn’t bad, but there was nothing worth taking note of.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I really want to try it! It looks really good. :yes:

Hmmm....interesting thoughts bookworm. :-k
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Basically I LOOOVEE those things. Like... I'm addicted. <3 ^_^
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Candy wrote:Basically I LOOOVEE those things. Like... I'm addicted. <3 ^_^
Why? I’m asking sincerely. Like I said, I couldn’t tell the difference between it and a regular taco.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I've never heard of those...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've seen the ads on TV but have never tried one. Don't think I will as I don't go for fast food these days.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I don't know if it''s a regional thing or something, but the Taco Bells down here have had these for a good while now. Close to a year maybe. They're good...definitely prefer them to the regular hardshell taco. But I'd still rather get a burrito or something.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

EK wrote:They're good...definitely prefer them to the regular hardshell taco.
Again, why? Not to keep repeating myself, but I could tell absolutely no difference at all. Did I just get a bad one or something?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

They sound kinda gross to me. Maybe it's just because I'm not much of a Doritos fan, or maybe because Taco Bell in general is gross to me, but I don't think I would get one even if it was free.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!