Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Did you watch the Pro Bowl a few years ago?

I sure didn't.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watch the Pro Bowl every year.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I do to but they don't even try. I know they don't want to get hurt but seriously? Last year the only guy trying was Larry Fitzgerald
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, no one tries at all which is why it gets so much flak, but I don’t watch it for the game itself, I just love seeing all those different helmets on the field at the same time. :P
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

The game was actually quite enjoyable this year \:D/
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Ugh, I did not like this Pro Bowl.

The draft was so stupid and the unconferenced format is pointless and dumb.
And I could not stand the stupid motto ‘It’s fantasy football for real’ - No it’s not! In fantasy football players don’t go up against their own teammates!
And seriously, worst uniforms ever! :ick:

But all that aside, on the game itself, performance wise this was definitely the best Pro Bowl I’ve ever seen. The players really made an effort. That doesn’t justify all the nonsense though. The players picked it up because they decided to, not because they were drafted this year. Keep the level of effort, but go back to AFC vs. NFC next season.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Bent we got to see things we wouldn't usually such as Andrew luck to desean Jackson. Also the uniforms were pretty cool. I wish my basketball team had those color schemes instead of white and maroon
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We could have seen Drew Brees to DeSean Jackson, which would have been just as good, and probably better.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

No... We got to see something we have never seen before and something we never would have seen had it stayed the same way. Players tried because they wanted the pro bowl to stick around.
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

E II wrote:Players tried because they wanted the pro bowl to stick around.
Exactly. It was for the game, not the new game format. What made the difference was the change in mentality, and the new defense capabilities. Going back to the old format and keeping the new rules won’t change the effort. I believe it will in fact increase it, because teammates will be playing together again.

More reasons the format is dumb:

It’s hard to pick a team to root for. It’s usually automatic; all my teams are in the NFC, so I root for the NFC. They win, all my favorites win.
This year I rooted for Team Rice because Drew Brees was the face of the team and he’s one of my guys, but Eddie Lacy, another of my guys, was on the other team.

It’s also unfair to the players themselves. Remember that this isn’t just a meaningless game, despite what people say. There’s a huge payoff difference between the winning and losing players. With the game unconferenced, there were players from the same team on each side, so some teammates got more money than the others just because they were forced to split up this year.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Less than an hour until free agency. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

And I predict the broncos 'monster' will fail pretty badly, as that is what happens most of the time with big signings like this
I am confused
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Anyone interested in a pool for the hockey and/or basketball playoffs?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

What do you mean?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Basically a playoff bracket contest. I'll put up $100 to start the pot.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Would there be an entry fee?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I have no set plans outside the above statements.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'd do it then. It would just be random guessing like for March Madness though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Is anybody else watching hockey? It's playoff time in the NHL! \:D/ Yay! I love getting to watch hockey every night during the first round, and most of my preferred teams are either winning their series or tied at this point, so that makes me happy. There are some teams that I wish were in the playoffs that did not make it, which makes me unhappy, but I've tried to move on in the interest of my mental health. ;) Being a fan can be stressful. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

All I care about is the Red Wings, who are apparently in, so go them! \:D/
I haven’t seen any games yet, but I will watch when I get them. There’s nothing like playoff hockey.