Which state do you think Odyssey is in?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Do you think Odyssey is in Ohio?

Yes :yes:
89%
No :no:
11%

Total votes: 9

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Which state do you think Odyssey is in?

Post by Parker Family »

I don't know why :-k , but ever since I started listening, I was always like "Odyssey has got to be in Ohio."
My second guess would be probably Indiana :-k

What state do you think it is in?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

THIS IS LIKE THE 5TH OF THESE THREADS IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS!!! EVERYONE HAS AGREED THAT ODYSSEY'S IN OHIO!! I'm sorry for that outburst. Yes, Odyssey is in Ohio. That has been essentially confirmed on the show, and shown by popular thought.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Not everyone has agreed, but yes, that is the consensus. ;)

Odyssey USA or Family Portraits or something clearly stated that it IS in Ohio... some people don't consider that canon for whatever reason. ;)

In the 20+ years since then, various landmarks etc have been mentioned which mostly back that up, but some things aren't consistent... but no state is consistent with all the clues so Ohio is still the most logical choice, although I sincerely believe that, much like Springfield on the Simpsons, at this point they don't WANT us to know where it is and give contradicting information so people can believe it is where ever they want it to be. ;)

Didn't we conclude Odyssey might "really" be Cridersville, Ohio or Wapak or something a while ago? Or something nearby that anyway. I recall being amused because I live like 10 minutes from there, so I'd probably be in Connelsville. ;)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I've been to Ohio lots of times! I'm within driving distance.

Uh oh... :anxious: The stalkers will soon be upon me.

\:D/
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I've always thought of it being in Ohio or 'round there somewhere.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

*sigh* Yes let's just kick the dead horse again. ;)

Odyssey is in Ohio. Everything points there. Yay \:D/ ok let's not start this topic again. Ever. haha... :D
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Joanne wrote:*sigh* Yes let's just kick the dead horse again. ;)

Odyssey is in Ohio. Everything points there. Yay \:D/ ok let's not start this topic again. Ever. haha... :D
Actually, in TGRC it's mentioned that the local CIA/Secret Service office is in Springfield. Which is the capital of Illinois...

Is there a Springfield in Ohio?
he/him | a little stinker.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Steve wrote:Is there a Springfield in Ohio?
Every State has a Springfield, it's in the Constitution.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Steve wrote:
Joanne wrote:*sigh* Yes let's just kick the dead horse again. ;)

Actually, in TGRC it's mentioned that the local CIA/Secret Service office is in Springfield. Which is the capital of Illinois...

Is there a Springfield in Ohio?
Yes.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well-there you go! Odyssey is in Ohio! The mods can lock this topic now! \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Robo wrote:
Case not closed! NOBODY LOCK THIS THREAD :lol:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I always thought Odyssey was more in the west... I always kind of thought of it as Colorado. (which we know it's not.) not in the east... But there's no proof that its NOT in OH though. :?

\:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The Top Crusader wrote:Not everyone has agreed, but yes, that is the consensus. ;)

Odyssey USA or Family Portraits or something clearly stated that it IS in Ohio... some people don't consider that canon for whatever reason. ;)

In the 20+ years since then, various landmarks etc have been mentioned which mostly back that up, but some things aren't consistent... but no state is consistent with all the clues so Ohio is still the most logical choice, although I sincerely believe that, much like Springfield on the Simpsons, at this point they don't WANT us to know where it is and give contradicting information so people can believe it is where ever they want it to be. ;)

Didn't we conclude Odyssey might "really" be Cridersville, Ohio or Wapak or something a while ago? Or something nearby that anyway. I recall being amused because I live like 10 minutes from there, so I'd probably be in Connelsville. ;)
I get the feeling that Odyssey's a little farther than 10 minutes away. Not quite an hour, but maybe about 30 minutes. After all, it would've taken Ed 45 minutes to get to Whit's End Connelsville before they moved to a closer area of Odyssey.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I had a thought that even though it said "local office",the Springfield referred to could be Illinois and Odyssey be in Ohio. Because, at some point Polehaus says
She practically broke land speed records to get here. (discussing whther the chip win Monty was a tracking chip)
But there's one minor thing that could put Odyssey away from Ohio. The Official Guide has a chart that lists episodes that take place away from Odyssey. It says that the Other Side of the Glass mostly takes place in Greensboro North Carolina. If that's the case, how could they quickly go from Odyssey to the factory in NC and then back to Odyssey within one day and plan to go back at midnight that night? It doesn't really add up does it?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

It has to be in Indiana. :lol: Yes, I am being bias!
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Since it seems to jump around, Odyssey must be located on the island in LOST.
thegreenringC wrote:
Robo wrote:
Case not closed! NOBODY LOCK THIS THREAD :lol:
Thank you.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Jason Whits son wrote:I had a thought that even though it said "local office",the Springfield referred to could be Illinois and Odyssey be in Ohio. Because, at some point Polehaus says
She practically broke land speed records to get here. (discussing whther the chip win Monty was a tracking chip)
But there's one minor thing that could put Odyssey away from Ohio. The Official Guide has a chart that lists episodes that take place away from Odyssey. It says that the Other Side of the Glass mostly takes place in Greensboro North Carolina. If that's the case, how could they quickly go from Odyssey to the factory in NC and then back to Odyssey within one day and plan to go back at midnight that night? It doesn't really add up does it?
I don't remember that episode--but that's an error. Odyssey is within an hour flight of Chicago. NC would be a little longer. And NC doesn't really get tornadoes.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Odyssey's not in Ohio because neither Family Portraits nor Odyssey USA are cannon. What state is it in? It's not. I don't know why people refuse to accept that it's in an unspecified, fictional state somewhere in the Midwestern United States. Does Odyssey not being in a specified, real-life state really detract from the show? If they did say where Odyssey was, it wouldn't satisfy anyone. People would, then, probably want to know what town Odyssey was so, they could... go there. Don't you understand, people? IT'S FICTIONAL! :chair:

:anxious: Woops, I may have gotten a little carried away. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think the real-world location that could most plausibly be Odyssey (in some sort of weird alternate universe or something) is Klamoth Falls, OR.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
Jason Whits son wrote:I had a thought that even though it said "local office",the Springfield referred to could be Illinois and Odyssey be in Ohio. Because, at some point Polehaus says
I don't remember that episode--but that's an error. Odyssey is within an hour flight of Chicago. NC would be a little longer. And NC doesn't really get tornadoes.
I think maybe the error is in the guide? And that Greensboro isn't in NC. I guess it is plausible though and there is a Greensboro in NC.It could be that they just didn't broadcast the whole car ride.... I may have to listen again. But let's say, If Odyssey is near Lancaster Ohio, It would take 6 and a half hours (by car) to get to Greensboro NC.
Odyssey is 8 hours away from Chicago by bus.

Post by 31899 »

Odyssey is not actually located in the U.S. but is actually a land mass that floats above (not on) the Pacific Ocean. When a person exits the mass they are instantly transported to the place in the U.S. where people think Odyssey actually is.

Last edited by 31899 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.