Desktop Icons

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Desktop Icons

Post by Bren »

For those who have their own computer screen, how many icons do you have on it? I currently have 104.
Last edited by Bren on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

How do you find anything? :(

I have 18.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Not easy. I keep meaning to delete all of the Unofficial podcast and move the other things where they go.
Last edited by Bren on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

For a long time I had 0 (because vista moved the recycle) and that's what I'd like to get back to, but I currently have 73.
I'll get around to deleting them eventually because they're just different word documents of notes on things I need to check on/look into/do when I get online, but lately I've been adding more instead of deleting them because my online time is currently limited and valuable.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I toy with audio alot and it ends up on the desktop and then it takes motivation to put them in the right folder considering I have a 250 GB hard drive.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have three on my MacBook. :D I like my desktop neat!!! :D
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I have four on my internet-connected PC and three on my other one.
he/him | a little stinker.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

36 on my macbook pro :)

Till the end of the line.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

6?
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

7 folders on a mac, however the number of random psd or png files varies depending on when I decide on cleaning up and organizing.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There's 11 on my computer - 3 are shortcuts recently placed on the desktop, which will soon be removed. So really, normally 8. I don't like cluttered desktops. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Eight on my desktop screen, a few more on my laptop. I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to free-floating files.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Um...39. :anxious:

I wouldn't normally have so many, but I used them all to make a big 'R'. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ya'll do know that having 104, 73 or even just 39 items on your desktop can slow down your computer, right? Every time you get onto your computer it has to load everything. That being said, I have like 2, but that's only because Windows doesn't let me remove the Recycle Bin. Boo XP. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:Ya'll do know that having 104, 73 or even just 39 items on your desktop can slow down your computer, right? Every time you get onto your computer it has to load everything. That being said, I have like 2, but that's only because Windows doesn't let me remove the Recycle Bin. Boo XP. :(
That being said, I know have 7. \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I don't have any icons on my desktop! :D And I probably never will put any on it. I like having a macbook pro. :) And I like being able to see the whole screen.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I'm on my dads pc... he has 12.

\:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Ayralee wrote:I don't have any icons on my desktop! :D And I probably never will put any on it. I like having a macbook pro. :) And I like being able to see the whole screen.
OoOh...wait then since I have a macbook pro, which means I only have 4 icons on my actual desktop! hehe I'm smart
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Till the end of the line.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I have like 20. They're all shortcuts to programs. Whenever I'm working on a project, my desktop tends to become quite cluttered because I save everything there for quick access (and laziness). I always clean it all up before long, though. I can't stand unorganized mess. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Fifteen. Five of which are notes. *nods*
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein