Kutless vs Skillet

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Which band do you like better?

Kutless
45%
Skillet
55%

Total votes: 11

ric
Isaiah 6

Kutless vs Skillet

Post by ric »

Um, this is just sort of random, but I just kinda am annoyed by Skillet (sorry) and wanted to see what the opinion is on this matter.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like both bands in different ways. I don't always like listening to either one, but their both great most of the time.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I like Skillet best--I don't know what it is, but their songs are just so...wicked awesome.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I chose Kutless because I love their song, "What Faith Can Do." I have never really heard any songs by Skillet. So, I can't say if I like them or not.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Yeah I like that song alot too Sapphire, but my vote is going to have to go to Skillet. Although Kutless is a great band, I'm not as familiar with them as I am with Skillet. (I have heard ALOT of songs by Kutless, but I just don't know much about them.)
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

There both AWESOME bands, but I'm going to go with Skillet!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I don't like to choose favourites but I do like the song MONSTER

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eh, I do like some of Skillets newer stuff (their old stuff isn't great), but they were the biggest jerky prima donnas ever and a terrible representation of a Christian band when I had to work with them a couple years ago at a county fair show.

Kutless is really good though, so they get my vote! :x
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The Top Crusader wrote:Eh, I do like some of Skillets newer stuff (their old stuff isn't great), but they were the biggest jerky prima donnas ever and a terrible representation of a Christian band when I had to work with them a couple years ago at a county fair show.

You spend fifty weeks a year touring for a few years and see how you end up.... =P

Skillet ftw. <3
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I'll spit all over the floor of the church that was footing my bill and constantly complain about how much I was getting paid even though I had already agreed to perform. >_>

Kutless, on the other hand, let me and my buddies have pizza with them and were generally really cool and nice guys. This was at a seperate venue a few years earlier. \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, I'll spit all over the floor of the church that was footing my bill and constantly complain about how much I was getting paid even though I had already agreed to perform. >_>

Kutless, on the other hand, let me and my buddies have pizza with them and were generally really cool and nice guys. This was at a seperate venue a few years earlier. \:D/
Wow, that's sad. That really changes my already low opinion of Skillet.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Top Crusader wrote:Eh, I do like some of Skillets newer stuff (their old stuff isn't great), but they were the biggest jerky prima donnas ever and a terrible representation of a Christian band when I had to work with them a couple years ago at a county fair show.

that's too bad about Skillet, but I still like their music. It's disappointing to hear about how they acted.

Good for Kutless, though, being good examples of Christians! :D

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Top has met two of the most famous Christian bands? Wowser.

I don't have a strong opinion on either band... because I've never heard them. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I was going to be all like, "Oh my word Top got to meet Skillet and Kutless" but then he said Skillet were jerks, so I didn't say it.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Skillet has a few good songs, as does Kutless, but there's something about Skillet that has a more... annoying quality to it. I guess Kutless has a bit more heart, a lot less head-banging and emo-ness. :-k At least from what I've heard.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Annoyed by Skillet? how DARE YOU!

Even though I cannot in good conscious say one is better than the other (both rock), I would have to say Kutless is better only because I come from Portland, their home town, my home town. Skillet is AWESOME because of John Copper and Corey and all of them... both bands are AWESOME. Granted, I believe SKillet has better songs.... but Kutless has an AWESOME feel to them. :P
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Kutless puts more as worship as opposed to reaching out to the unsaved. :yes:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Yay, two of the bands that were on my cruise ship way back when! \:D/

They're both cool, though I've probably heard more Skillet songs than Kutless songs.
Malazabul
I've been here a bit

Post by Malazabul »

i like more skillet songs, but the kutless ones that i do like own most skillet songs, so i dont know which one i prefer
I am Malazabul on Runescape! current top levels:
combat: 72
defence: 54
attack: 60
strength: 67
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Amethystic wrote:Skillet has a few good songs, as does Kutless, but there's something about Skillet that has a more... annoying quality to it. I guess Kutless has a bit more heart, a lot less head-banging and emo-ness. :-k At least from what I've heard.
I totally agree. Although Kutless does have a few head banging-ish songs that they wrote earlier in their career.