The Good Ole Days

Favorite TV shows & movies from awhile back

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
aiofan_19
Found

The Good Ole Days

Post by aiofan_19 »

I can't believe some of the junk that is on TV. Now most shows have cursing and cussing in them. Kids' shows are just stupid and meaningless. It's crazy! I remember watching good shows with morals and things that you actually learned from. Or at least weren't bad and made me feel guilty when I watched them. Just to name a few:

MacGyver
Hogan's Heros
The Andy Griffith Show
Highway to Heaven
The Munsters
The Lone Ranger
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mystery Series
Leave it to Beaver
7th Heaven
JAG
Murder She Wrote
Get Smart
I Love Lucy!
The Brady Bunch

Not every episode of all of these shows are good to watch and I do not recommend all of them, but most of them are pretty good. They are probably better than most of what is on now.
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

Yeah, I love Murder she wrote, Hogan's heros, the munsters, and Nancy Drew/ Hardy boy's mysteries. My mom and I were a big old movie fans. Here are some more I like:
Full house
Gilligan's island
F troop
Bewitched
The addams family
I dream of jeanie
~Mark Prescott~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Go MacGyver!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hogan's Heroes, the Andy Griffith show, the Cosby Show, and Murder She Wrote are some of my favorites. \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I've watched Hogan's Heroes, The Andy Griffith Show, The Munsters, The Lone Ranger, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mystery Series, Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy! Little House on the Prairie, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, and The Brady Bunch. \:D/
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My favorite TV shows: Full House, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, The Cosby Show, Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, and two fairly newer shows; Kid Nation and Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye. Needless to say, I wildly prefer older shows. They are generally cleaner, have much better characters and far more laughs. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Some of my favorites:
Little House on the Prairie
The Andy Griffith Show
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mystery Series
Leave it to Beaver
Murder She Wrote
I Love Lucy!
The Brady Bunch

I know exactly what you mean about today's modern shows. It's very sad. :(
*insert provocative quote here*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Little House on the Prairie
M*A*S*H
The Muppet Show
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys

Those are the TV shows I remember watching when I was growing up. In fact I still watch them on DVD!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Little House on the Prairie, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Leave It to Beaver, Touched by an Angel, Highway to Heaven, Doc, and Sue Thomas: F. B. Eye. are some of my very favorites. :D
Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

While I do not think the current entertainment landscape is quite as devoid of any value as some do, their are really wonderful older TV shows... \:D/

My two favorite shows of all time are Get Smart and The Dick Van Dyke Show. \:D/

I'm not sure which I prefer... DVD Show is more solid overall, probably, though. Somehow it doesn't feel quite as dated and had a great cast and original story lines. Get Smart is awesome and the central cast is great but you had tons of guest stars that were hit and miss beyond that, and while its awesome and hilarious, they re-use the same jokes constantly... which is part of the joke, I suppose, but still. ;) I LOVED the show watching an episode a night back in the day when it was on Nick at Nite... once I got it on DVD and could power through a few episodes a day, some of the weakness in the writing becomes more obvious. Dick Van Dyke though, holds up pretty well.

As for current stuff... Yeah, there is a ton of garbage out there... but there are still lots of great shows. You have to remember that back in the day, there were basically 3 networks putting out programming... now you've got 4 major broadcast companies, a few minor ones (CW, etc) and tons and tons and tons of cable/satellite stations putting out original stuff. The ratio of good to bad probably isn't great but there is still a few good things being churned out. \:D/

PS: Little House on the Prairie was a FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:PS: Little House on the Prairie was a FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
...and that's why it ran for 10 seasons. \:D/

In addition to the ones I already mentioned, I enjoy Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy and Leave It to Beaver every now and then (as mentioned by others).
Mark Prescott wrote:Bewitched
Yeah, great family-friendly classic there. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I get the one below from the library:
Get Smart
I Love Lucy!
The Brady Bunch
MacGyver
The Andy Griffith Show
Leave it to Beaver
And one that's not listed Prefect Strangers
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I used to like watching
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver
Adam-12
and The Brady Bunch occasionally.
and I've see quite a few Partridge Family episodes, which were pretty good, and some of the original Star Trek series, which were interesting to see where it all started.
as far as newer shows, I like Sue Thomas FBEye! :D and I'm so happy to see other fans of it here on this thread \:D/
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Shennifer wrote:I used to like watching
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver
Adam-12
and I've see quite a few Partridge Family episodes, which were pretty good, and some of the original Star Trek series, which were interesting to see where it all started.
as far as newer shows, I like Sue Thomas FBEye! :D and I'm so happy to see other fans of it here on this thread \:D/
Sue Thomas is a beast
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm not too big on old old stuff but I like alot of 80s and 90s stuff like Magnum PI, MASH, Night Court, In The Heat Of The Night, Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, McGyver, Full House, Cheers, Seinfeld, stuff like that. \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The Top Crusader wrote:PS: Little House on the Prairie was a FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
Yes it was, because people don't know how to adapt books into movies!!! :x

How come no one said The Adams Family? :noway: The Munsters was pretty good, too... Hogan's Heroes is the only other old show I've really watched. Other then a few episodes of the usual here and there.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Yanny wrote:
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver
Adam-12
Sue Thomas is a beast
yes, that show is extremely awesome :D

Till the end of the line.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Shennifer wrote:
Yanny wrote:
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver
Adam-12
Sue Thomas is a beast
yes, that show is extremely awesome :D
I agree! :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Yanny wrote:I get the one below from the library:
Get Smart
I Love Lucy!
The Brady Bunch
MacGyver
The Andy Griffith Show
Leave it to Beaver
And one that's not listed Prefect Strangers
Oh I forgot The Cosby Show :anxious:
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I absolutly love MacGyver! its so awesome!!