Green Ring Conspiracy Theories

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Green Ring Conspiracy Theories

Post by Peachey Keen »

We haven't had a big saga since Novacom so I'm really excited about Album 53. So I'm just going to post my thoughts and ideas about the story arc:

One thing that bugs me is that this is going to be a whole album. One of the things I like about the big AIO sagas was that it was spread out. There was some slice of life eps in between the big story. But this is going to be 12 shows in one album uninterrupted. I may just be paranoid but I wish it was spread out more.

I read somewhere that new and old friends would be in #53. For me, that means Jason will be in it!! How could he not?!?
Also there's the faint chance of, dare I say it? Richard Maxwell! Now that would be sooo cool!
Sorry Mitch fans, there's no chance of Mitch being part of this.

I know the shows are going to be good. I think they're all written by Paul McCusker.

As for what the green rings are for, I have no idea. Maybe the Chairman of Novacom comes back with a new scheme?

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Peachey Keen wrote:Sorry Mitch fans, there's no chance of Mitch being part of this.
I'm sure they would have heard you, if such a fan existed.

I can't wait. I think this is exactly what they need after changing over almost the entire cast. After twelve connecting stories, I think I'll feel far more comfortable with the current characters than I am right now.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

With Paul writing them, maybe there IS a fraction of a chance that Richard will pop up.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Boswell wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:Sorry Mitch fans, there's no chance of Mitch being part of this.
I'm sure they would have heard you, if such a fan existed.

I can't wait. I think this is exactly what they need after changing over almost the entire cast. After twelve connecting stories, I think I'll feel far more comfortable with the current characters than I am right now.
First of all... :slapfish: I miss Mitch! I don't miss the way that Connie behaved around him at times, but I continue to maintain that Connie's silliness is not Mitch's fault. :noway: I would love to see Mitch come back to help solve a mystery. Maybe he bumped into Jason overseas, or he just gets assigned to some part of the Green Rings stuff (whatever it is) because of his familiarity with the area, key citizens, and maybe past bad guys who are involved again. He and Connie could have an awkward moment, acknowledge that they're better off as good friends (to take away concern from those anti-romance folks) and go on from there.

Secondly, I agree with your second statement, Boswell. :D I trust that the AIO teams knows what they're doing, and if Paul McCusker is involved, it's bound to be good, even though it will most likely also raise all our stress levels as we try to figure stuff out. ;)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Catspaw, I have to say you have quite a battle on your hands right now, because according to Kathy, there are still three fleeces before Mitvh comes back: Ronald McDonald must become a vegetarian, cats must become extinct, and the Cubs must win the superbowl, if I remember correctly.

Considering Odyssey's constant affiliation with the Chronicles of Narnia, (the key to the computer room in The Last Battle, Mike signing them out from Whit's library before he died, Passages, etc.) the Green Rings could have something to do with traveling to other worlds!!! Maybe they'll bring in Dr. Julius Shnitzelbonker from Back to Bethlehem and A Change of Hart.

And there has been a big story line since Novacom! I'll give you a hint: it involves my name! I believe that went on for about 14 episodes from Prisoners of Fear to A New Era.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Catspaw, I have to say you have quite a battle on your hands right now, because according to Kathy, there are still three fleeces before Mitvh comes back: Ronald McDonald must become a vegetarian, cats must become extinct, and the Cubs must win the superbowl, if I remember correctly.

Considering Odyssey's constant affiliation with the Chronicles of Narnia, (the key to the computer room in The Last Battle, Mike signing them out from Whit's library before he died, Passages, etc.) the Green Rings could have something to do with traveling to other worlds!!! Maybe they'll bring in Dr. Julius Shnitzelbonker from Back to Bethlehem and A Change of Hart.

And there has been a big story line since Novacom! I'll give you a hint: it involves my name! I believe that went on for about 14 episodes from Prisoners of Fear to A New Era.
I think there were more requirements (and I don't recall the cats one) but hey, it isn't the first time somebody has changed their mind or plans have changed! I believe in people's right to change their mind, and that certainly applies to Kathy Buchanan and the Mitch situation! :yes: I don't really think that they will bring Mitch back, but I think that they could do it in a way that most people would find acceptable. Is it my fault that I fell in love with those green eyes? :inlove:

I consider the Leonard Meltsner situation to be more of a mini-arc than a full-fledged one like Dr. Blackgaard or Novacom, but you are right that it did span several albums and several significant episodes! :D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Alright, here is what The Green Ring Conspiracy will be about! I already have it figured out. \:D/

Vance King is short on money. He applies at Whit's End, but unwisely tells his father it is owned by a man named John Whittaker. Vance's father has been in hiding from another man with the last name of Whittaker for many years because of something he knows about Mr. King's past: he stole an untested, powerful substance called "green ring Vh1" from the NSA, and the entire government wants it back. It can only be destroyed by sending it on the "DooM" adventure in the Imagination Station.

Suddenly, the entire King family disappears. Jason, Whit, Mitch, Wooton and Richard Maxwell join forces with Peter Bourland and the FBI to find Mr. King. Little do they know the plan to implant green rings onto every finger in the world is already in place. It has the power to control the way people use their hands - for good or bad.

In the end, Mr. King is reviled to be the Chairman, Connie and Mitch get hitched, and Tom dies hard with a vengeance to save the world again. The End.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Connie and Mitch get....hitched? :noway:
For me, I'm content to just sit and wait. :P Whatever happens *might* be good enough for me. But Jason should return!! :yes:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Catspaw wrote: I believe in people's right to change their mind, and that certainly applies to Kathy Buchanan and the Mitch situation!
I guess they could bring Mitch back. Kathy Buchanan no longer writes for Odyssey. But the crew said they wouldn't want to have the fans get their hopes up about Connie and Mitch again. Of course they wouldn't but some fans think differently.
It would be a lot like a soap opera if they brought Mitch back. Odyssey needs to lean towards being more realistic.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

The first episode opens as Eugene and Whit are repainting the Bible Room and they make a few references about the last time Eugene did the job. Whit gets a call. He has received word form a pastor in North Carolina that his only sister, Joan, has died. Whit sits down in a desk chair, and wisps out a loud low, "Oh boy". While Whit has been on the phone up to this point Eugene, has still been painting.

Eugene: "Is something wrong, Mr. Whittaker?"
Whit: "Yes. [Pause] My sister died yesterday."
Eugene: [Delicately] "Oh, well I send my deepest sympathy, but I had not previously acquired the knowledge that you hav ... had a sister."
Whit: "Well, I did. Her name was Joan, and she was one of the greatest people that God put in my life."

The episode goes on with Whit explaining that his sister was adopted when he was 12 years old, by his father and step-mother. The episode flashes back to Whit's past with different voices representing his family. Eugene intently listens and draws connections between Whit's story and his own family. Some lesson is learned along the way from his childhood. This could be anything from trust, to patience, obedience, sharing, etc. At the end of the episode, Whit invites Eugene to attend the funeral with him, since he had previously helped Eugene with his family research.

Alternatively, Whit could be invited to a family reunion instead of receiving word that his sister died, but I like that latter better, because we'll see/hear a grieving side of Whit that we've rarely existed.

The second episode is somewhat of a spoof on "The Cross of Cortes", as Eugene starts to narrate their journey. He doesn't keep doing, it's just a small references to the episode in album 12. Connie and her mother is away visiting Connie's Aunt Helen, so she is not aware the Whit and Eugene are leaving. This mentioned in the episode, but they still forget to call Connie and tell her.

We don't hear it in the episode, but Whit mentions that he called his daughter Jana and her children, and that they’ll arrive the day of the funeral.

Nick is put in charge of Whit's End for the week. Whit tells him that he has matured greatly, and he is really proud of the great man he has become. We find out passively that Nick is studing at Campbell College to become an economist.

During the second half of the episode, Whit goes on to explain how his sister impacted his decision be a teacher and we learn more about Whit's life as a young adult. All of these flashbacks would be in a style similar to the one used in "Silent Night". All of this happening as Eugene and Whit go through airport security and board their plane. Episode two ends with their plane taking off.

Episode three is spent in Raleigh. North Carolina. The funeral is two days away, but Whit introduces Eugene to his family that still lives there. The tone is immediately switched from serious to adventurous when Whit's cousin Harvey tells him that his sister is actually alive, but hiding out. Eugene isn't around during this part, Whit retells this story to him later. He mentions to Eugene that Harvey looked out of breath for whatever reason, like he had raced to arrive at their hotel.

This starts the "green ring" arc. Essentially, Whit will go on a mission to discover where and why his sister, that he hasn’t seen in so long, is hiding out. Eventually Jason will show up, with a green ring, explaining that his cousin Harvey isn't related to them at all, but actually part of an international spy ring, called "the green ring". Jason wanted to infiltrate the operation, so he's going undercover, posing as one of these spies. As the story progresses farther, we learn that "the green ring" actually kidnapped Whit's sister as a ransom. They end kidnapping Whit as well and demanding Applesauce from him. They threaten to harm his sister he Whit doesn't tell them where to find it.

Jason, being part of the clan (sort of), tries to slyly convince them they don't need Applesauce because it is worthless. He doesn't get very far. Whit finally gives in to telling them, that it's in at Whit’s End in Odyssey. Jason and Whit had talked previously to Whit's kidnapping (Jason didn't know when it would happen), and discussed that this would be their last option.

By this time, Jana, Monty and Jennifer show up. Jana's children are now adults. The whole Whittaker clan catches and up and goes to dinner, where Jason and Whit explain what's going on. Although they realize that "the green ring" will be headed for Whit's End at any time, they are no longer hurried as their whole family is together.

Back in Odyssey, Connie is back and Nick fills her in in why Whit and Eugene are gone. Connie feels so sorry for Whit, and reveals that she didn't know he had a sister. At the same time a conspirator for "the green ring" comes in the door right at closing something. The conspirator is dressed in a black robe, which makes him barely visible. He has a conversation with Connie.

Connie: I'm going to go home now Nick.
[Whit's End bell]
Green Ring: Hello, are you the owner of the establishment.
Connie: No, I just work here. Would you like to order something?
GR: No, but if you don- [pulls out gun]
Connie: That's a gun!
GR: Yes! Now, don't push the alarm button.
Connie: How do you know about that button?
GR: [Pulls off cape] Well, how do you think I know?
Connie: Huaaaah?! Hank Murray!
Hank: In the flesh! Now I'm looking for a computer program called Applesauce, do you know where it is?
Connie: Applesauce?
Hank: Yes!
Connie: Um...I don't know what you mean.
Hank: We've been through this before girly. I've got six bullets in here, and I'm going to use one if you don't help me out here. You know where Applesauce is. TELL ME!

Nick had already gone home via the back door. Connie ends up leading Hank to Whit's Office where she opens the secret computer room for him. He doesn’t fin the program in the room, but just on Whit’s desktop computer, right on the C drive.

:mad:
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

That was great Irwin!! That be a good story! LOL :D :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, as much as I enjoyed reading AE's post, Irwin blew me away with his (somewhat more realistic ;) ) ideas! :D That would be amazing. I love all the details you provided, Irwin, and I think that would make a great series of episodes!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Although I think Applesauce has run its course already, that was an awesome story, Irwin! The Joan-is-alive storyline would be perfect.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Nice job with that, Irwin!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Irwin needs to write for Odyssey. That was something beast, Irwin. :yes:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The first episode starts some confusion in Odyssey. A stranger comes to town. Some think he seems cagey, as if he has secrets? Then the mayor adds to the drama. The stranger is seen talking to him and someone hears them say something about a "Black guard" or something like that. What could this mean? The Odyssey crew is then taken for a mysterious adventure battling greedy foes and catching up with some old friends. And they discover something that connects the mayor with the evil Dr. Regis Blackgaard!

I think that the "green ring" refers to a ring of greedy people. Perhaps a gang or group. So perhaps not a literal ring but a figurative one? I think it'd be great for them to bring Jason back...but then again, it may be too soon. I think it may be better if they brought him back in say album 55 or so. But this would be a great time to bring Richard Maxwell back into the picture. As for the Blackgaard part, perhaps the mystery takes them into the past. Which involves flashbacks, and would bring back Regis. I know my ideas are a little scattered..but that is what came to mind.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I would love to hear flashbacks of Blackgaard. It would enable us to hear new scenes while still keeping him dead.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Even the actors don't know...:shock:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I hope it has somthing to do with the chairman!!