Complete Adventures in Odyssey Collection on Ebay

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Complete Adventures in Odyssey Collection on Ebay

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

There is a complete collection of Adventures in Odyssey album #1-51 with bonuses on Ebay. They all have been used once to go onto someone's mp3 player.

It is $725 Buy It Now. It equals out to be under $14 per album.

Check this out!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

That's not completely illegal or anything. :roll:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Huh, I don't understand your meaning of your post.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

This is the definition of piracy. They, effectively, stole a complete set of AIO.

I wonder if this is the Act Like Odyssey contest winner.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

If they stole them that's a lot of plastic wrapping. :)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

how do you figure that is illegal if they were paid for in the first place? I have most of my collection uploaded to the computer and change them in and out on the mp3 and mp4 players.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I don't think that it's illegal to upload your own CD to your computer for your own personal use on an iPod, but what is illegal is that this guy who's selling them uploaded them all, and then selling the CD's to someone else, so basically he has all the episodes for free (or very cheap) if someone buys them off of him.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

...I'm pretty sure its legal to sell things on eBay. >_>

But anyway, $14 an album? That's not really even a good deal.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

The Top Crusader wrote:...I'm pretty sure its legal to sell things on eBay. >_>

But anyway, $14 an album? That's not really even a good deal.
But in sense, this person is still keeping what they're selling. It's the same idea as borrowing the entire collection from a friend, putting them on your computer, paying that friend a very limited amount for using them, and then returning them to the friend. Focus on the family will be getting paid the full amount of buying the entire collection, but two copies of the collection will actually be being used.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Well, the winner if the contest did say EBAY!! as soon as he was asked what he would do with all of the albums... :-k
*insert provocative quote here*
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:Well, the winner if the contest did say EBAY!! as soon as he was asked what he would do with all of the albums... :-k

That's terrible. He should have been disqualified.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

jennifertwt wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:Well, the winner if the contest did say EBAY!! as soon as he was asked what he would do with all of the albums... :-k

That's terrible. He should have been disqualified.

Oh, he was joking. At least that's what he said...
*insert provocative quote here*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

He can do whatever he wants with his property, that would be stupid for them to disqualify him for that. Assuming he wasn't joking, maybe he doesn't have a job or something and would rather pay a couple months rent then have a bunch of CDs from a kid's show. \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Technically, the only way it is illegal is if he paid for it, put it on his computer, and then made disks and handed it out to other people for money. Technically, giving out disks for not even money is illegal, but everyone and their MOM does it. No one is immune to that. But the copyright infringement is if he made profit off of other disks he made. He put them on his computer - now he's giving away the originals. If he was the contest winner, he won those and what he does with them originally is his own idea.

Now, there is the definite possibility he can make disks out of what he's got on his computer. And then when he gives away those disks, the individual(s) could make disks...

It is one of the hardest things to stop in this country/world. Music and audio gets passed around so much, the copyright basically goes right out the window. Even iTunes doesn't stop it anymore - they took of copyright on all that went in their store. Which now makes me understand why some artists are edgy on putting music on iTunes... they won't always gain the money they deserve when they put music on iTunes. HA~ I get it now!

So, I admit I bought a CD for the first time in a long time from a store at the beginning of June. I put it on my computer, got it onto my mp3 player, now my iPod, and promptly shoved the album next to my unused stereo. I didn't sell it, but its more convenient to put it on my computer...

That's why I like CD's.... okay, so, iTunes is neat and all, but I love a hard copy from the store... yeah, more expensive, but so much cooler. It's like a book - hard copy will last longer and looks cooler. :)

On the other hand... $14 is a deal. So, iTunes has them for like $10 if you find the albums... but otherwise, its better then $25 at some stores. Even $20 at Tree of Life was expensive.

But I don't have a need for all 51-52 albums... and NEVER for $725. I'm not made of money. Anyone that desperate must be rich in this economy... but, then again, they could be desperate. He might have to resort to individual album selling... I'm not saying it is right, nor am I saying it is wrong...
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:That's why I like CD's.... okay, so, iTunes is neat and all, but I love a hard copy from the store... yeah, more expensive, but so much cooler. It's like a book - hard copy will last longer and looks cooler. :)
I agree which is why I always vote 'no' when there is a poll on whether any future AIO albums should be mp3 only. I like to have something to hold in my hand for my money. Hard drives can crash. Mp3's and 4's and any other portable device can be lost or stolen. To me, they are conveniences and temporary storage devices for traveling or commuting. The exception I think would be if Focus re-released Family Portraits, Odyssey USA, More Than Sundays, Good Grief, and the other 'banned' or 'lost' episodes in mp3 form. Those I would pay for because I can see how they would only appeal to a small number of fans. Even then I would make my own CD's or mp3 disk with cover art from the old Odyssey Printmaker (I'm not as talented as some on the list) just so I had something to put on the shelf. I will eventually do that with the 'Time for a Change' mock cover because I think it is so great.

Note: Quoted tags fixed. -AE
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't think I've ever boughten anything off Itunes... if your computer dies do you really lose what you buy? I always assumed that you have an account and you can redownload based on your account history if your computer croaks. Could be wrong, though. >_>
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think I've ever boughten anything off Itunes... if your computer dies do you really lose what you buy? I always assumed that you have an account and you can redownload based on your account history if your computer croaks. Could be wrong, though. >_>
You can redownload in special circumstances (there's not an automatic click-this-button-to-redownload button). Just like with anything on your computer, though, backing up iTunes-purchased music on CDs or an external hard drive is the best safeguard.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Technically, the only way it is illegal is if he paid for it, put it on his computer, and then made disks and handed it out to other people for money. Technically, giving out disks for not even money is illegal, but everyone and their MOM does it. No one is immune to that. But the copyright infringement is if he made profit off of other disks he made. He put them on his computer - now he's giving away the originals. If he was the contest winner, he won those and what he does with them originally is his own idea.
But in a sense, that's what this person is doing. They've basically made a copy of the entire collection, and now they're going to make a profit. Though they aren't selling copies, they're keeping a copy they didn't pay for, which is still wrong. I'm going to reuse a similar argument that I used a few posts up, but imagine if you bought a new CD, burned a copy of it, kept the copy, and then sold the used CD to a friend. Then that friend does the same thing, sells it to someone else, and the chain keeps going. Suddenly all your friends have a copy of the CD, but the artist only makes money on one copy. That's still considered copyright infringement.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

But you can legally backup CDs while you own them... I'm unaware of a YOU MUST DELETE clause if you sell things. But I tend to ignore copyright laws. \:D/