LizzieG's Odyssey Videos

Starring... herself!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

LizzieG's Odyssey Videos

Post by LizzieG »

I posted these youtube videos during the election, but they got buried amidst all the hubbub, and some Whit's End frequenters didn't get to see them. Not to mention that they deserve their own thread. O:)

Over Christmas break (actually, a few hours before I had to leave to catch my flight back to school), my sister and I decided to record ourselves "acting out" the debate between Tom and Bart in "Tom for Mayor," partly because we loved quoting it so much, and partly because it seemed like such a fun, hilarious idea.

So, I transcribed the debate scenes, pulled out my trusty digital camera, and proceeded to re-enact those awesome moments. It was a lot of fun, and I've enjoyed re-watching them on many an occasion. :D With my sister's kind permission, I'm posting these videos for your viewing and listening pleasure. Enjoy! \:D/

(Click the thumbnails below to go to each video).

^Video 1: Me playing Tom and Jack

^Video 2: Me playing Bart and Dern

Keep watching this thread, because I plan to upload our rendition of the opening "Second Thoughts" scene soon, plus record at least one other scene sometime in the coming week! \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

The Unofficial Podcast got it right; LizzieG = the ultimate Odyssey fan. :yes:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Heh, fun! \:D/

It makes me want to go listen to the episode.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Thank you for showing us this!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Awesome stuff, LizzieG! :D You and your sister did a great job getting into character. :lol:

I look forward to seeing more re-enactments in the near future. \:D/
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

:-s Very....unique
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Mr Jacobs wrote::-s Very....unique
Uniquely wonderful, you mean! ;)

Here's the promised next video! It's the opening scene between Eugene and Bernard in "Second Thoughts." This time, however, I combined both renditions in one video, so you only have to click one thing. ;)

^Click the picture to be taken to the wonderful video! \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Yes, you two were awesome. :yes:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

You have amazing posture, LizzieG. \:D/
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I really like your videos--I think you two should try a scene with sisters, maybe a scene with Robyn and Melanie.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Trent DeWhite wrote:You have amazing posture, LizzieG. \:D/
What a sweet thing to say! :x
Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:I really like your videos--I think you two should try a scene with sisters, maybe a scene with Robyn and Melanie.
Good idea! Brothers will have to suffice for now though...

...presenting the latest videos - The Blackgaard Videos! \:D/ These were really fun to record, especially the second one.

^Click the image above for video 1! \:D/

^Click for video 2! \:D/

EDIT: Haha, the "thumbnails" keep getting bigger! :lol:

Oh, and like the "Tom for Mayor" videos, these were recorded hours before I left home - to be precise, 3 in the morning! :mad:
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I created a new AIO You tube account yesterday for videos, and noticed yours. I thought Lizzie G is on the TOO, I should see if there is a thread here. And sure enough there is. Awesome. Cool videos, great job.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Wow! We know who'll be replacing walker if they ever bring Mr. Gantry back. :wink:

Excellent! :yes:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the videos a few days apart a while ago, but never got around to posting. I enjoyed the videos a lot - both you and your sister did a lovely job! :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Yay, new fans! \:D/

I really want to make more now, but, alas, my sister is three states away. :boohoo:
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

When will she get back?
Merry Christmas!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

New video! Two Odyssey scenes from "Aloha, Oy!", performed by me and six other members of my newly-founded Adventures in Odyssey Club. :D

Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Wow, great video, Lizzie! The members of your AIO Club did a great job of capturing a feel very close to the original AIO episode. Just as entertaining as listening to "Aloha, Oy!," with the added bonus of actually seeing what's happening. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I totally agree with Dave! The guy playing Doris was actually really good - he was a highlight for me! \:D/ You were fabulous in your double role, Lizzie. Your experience in recording AIO scenes obviously worked out well. :D It's great that your club did this and is sharing it. Tell them all that they're wonderful...and send me the e-mail address for Doris/Rodney. :inlove:

O:)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

that was great! very entertaining and well done! Good job in your double role, Liz! I really loved the Donna and Rodney exchange, and the guy who played Bart was priceless! Well done, all of you \:D/

oh, and send me the email address for Doris/Rodney too :swoons:

Till the end of the line.