Whits End Website

new version released

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Whits End Website

Post by Reddo »

Anybody seen the whits end website lately?, I think we're getting very close to their new site being launched.
Last edited by Reddo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yes! Finally! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

Yes. I did see the Whit's End website this morning. I do know that we are going to be getting a new website with a whole new look and feel. Please pray for Nathan Hoobler because this website has been a long time in the making and it has been put on hold a couple times and now they are just working out some final glitches. Trust me I have been in deep anticipation of seeing the new website ever since I saw the layout for the page a couple years ago.

On another note, Nathan Hoobler told me that you won't be able to listen to AIO on Oneplace.com anymore. The daily episodes are going to be played on the player where you can hear the Focus on the Family daily broadcast. I really like it beacause you can hear things in a playlist instead of wandering around all over the website loading a new window for every program that you want to hear.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Yay! *Waits*

No more listening on Oneplace??? Oh well, as long as we're able to listen somewhere!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

thelordismyshepherd wrote:Yay! *Waits*

No more listening on Oneplace??? Oh well, as long as we're able to listen somewhere!
I'm excited about the new website. Whit's End.org has needed updating for a long time. I am NOT excited about not being able to listen at OnePlace. I guess as long as we are able to listen somewhere (and this includes I hope, Real Audio users) everything will work out.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Hmm, no more listening on oneplace, that kind of defeats the purpose of the code that i just finishing for aiowiki that creates a list of all the episodes that are currently available on oneplace. I guess it's back to the drawing board.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Wahoo! I too am excited about the new site. 1999-2008 is a LONG time for a website design to be used without a redesign...
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

if you look at the website now, it's back to the old version, I guess the update didn't go as planned
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I look forward to the update whenever it happens. I hope it'll be more professional (but still kid-friendly, of course).
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think I've been waiting for this new web site for about a year, and I can't wait until the new layout is ready! The old one had so many deadspots and abandoned pages. Yay for the AIO staff!
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I don't mind listening on the Odyssey website, but will it have archives like Oneplace? Sometimes I don't listen everyday, but will listen to several in one stretch while I'm folding laundry, doing the dishes, and projects.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Samitude wrote:I don't mind listening on the Odyssey website, but will it have archives like Oneplace? Sometimes I don't listen everyday, but will listen to several in one stretch while I'm folding laundry, doing the dishes, and projects.
It would have to, I think we all do that. If it doesn't a lot of people (including myself) will be very upset.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

What, no more oneplace? :(

Well anyway, they need a new website. Like, really bad. 0_o
...I hate marquees.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

did you know there is a new place to listen?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

WDJ08 wrote:did you know there is a new place to listen?
No, where?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
No, where?
If you click on "Listen" on the main page, the schedule page comes up, click the title of the episode you want to listen to and wait for it to load. You can click on any episode title listed on the schedule page and hear the episode.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Laurie wrote:
No, where?
If you click on "Listen" on the main page, the schedule page comes up, click the title of the episode you want to listen to and wait for it to load. You can click on any episode title listed on the schedule page and hear the episode.
So, were you saying that once the new site is up, you'll just listen right at whitsend.org rather than going to oneplace because we already knew that.
oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

I didn't even know about a new website! When was it supposed to be out? It'll be nice to see something new ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laurie wrote:
No, where?
So, were you saying that once the new site is up, you'll just listen right at whitsend.org rather than going to oneplace because we already knew that.
Actually, you can go to the official site and listen right now if you want to, you don't have to wait.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I just saw this but their player already has 126 episodes that you can listen to, on oneplace they usually only had about 40