Nostalgia

remembering the past

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Nostalgia

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Recently I've been listening to older Adventures in Odyssey episodes and I have to say two things:

I miss the wrap-around skits with Chris. She did some interesting things and met some interesting people in order to set up the story.

And I miss Randall, the mailman. But not too much, because Wooten kind of reminds me of him.

Ah, good times.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I believe the reason for this not happening anymore is the fact that the stories are getting longer and so they don't have as much time to kill with Chris, but I agree that some of beginnings and wind ups with Chris were pretty comical and fun.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I know there's a reason they don't do them anymore...but still I miss them. Just like missing the characters that have moved on.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I know this isn't going back very far (it might not even count as a memory) but when was the last time we heard from the Coyotes? I like them a lot and there were a lot of good old school episodes with them in it. They used to use the Coyotes a lot more than they do now.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I know this isn't going back very far (it might not even count as a memory) but when was the last time we heard from the Coyotes? I like them a lot and there were a lot of good old school episodes with them in it. They used to use the Coyotes a lot more than they do now.
The team the Washington guys played against were the Coyotes--they were hardly heard from, and I don't think we've heard from them since. Unless the team was in All-Star Witness, but I can't remember for sure.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Oh ya, The Defining Moment, but according to www.aiolib.com, that first aired May 31, 2003, so it's been a while.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Oh ya, The Defining Moment, but according to www.aiolib.com, that first aired May 31, 2003, so it's been a while.
Ah, I was thinking number-wise and assumed it was recent. Didn't realize it was five years ago already.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

In today's opening skit, Chris got her gas tank filled for $12. Nowaways that gets you 4 gallons. :hilarious:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

DanP740 wrote:In today's opening skit, Chris got her gas tank filled for $12. Nowaways that gets you 4 gallons. :hilarious:
Yeah AS PRICES ARe depressing all around the wolrd.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

DanP740 wrote:In today's opening skit, Chris got her gas tank filled for $12. Nowaways that gets you 4 gallons. :hilarious:
Yeah.. >_> It really hurts to put $15 into our car and only barely have 1/2 tank.. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I filled up my gas tank for $42.24 the other day! \:D/
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

The Top Crusader wrote:I filled up my gas tank for $42.24 the other day! \:D/
Due to the exchange rate ours is aabout $120 dollars beat taht to fill it up
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

J-man wrote:
Yeah.. >_> It really hurts to put $15 into our car and only barely have 1/2 tank.. :anxious:
If my tank is completely empty, $15 won't even get me a third of a tank -_-;
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Ford Excursion owners spend $132 to fill their 44-gallon tank (if price is $3 a gallon,) and then they can only drive 440 miles on it (10 mpg mixed driving.)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

DanP740 wrote:Ford Excursion owners spend $132 to fill their 44-gallon tank (if price is $3 a gallon,) and then they can only drive 440 miles on it (10 mpg mixed driving.)
o_O

And that's a great reason not to own a Ford Excursion ;)
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Not meaning to stop this wonderful tpic but this is so off topic
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The Top Crusader wrote:I filled up my gas tank for $42.24 the other day! \:D/
Where do you live?