Do you wear false nails?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Farrah
Tallying up

Do you wear false nails?

Post by Farrah »

Hi,
Do you wear false nails?
I hope to hear from you soon.
From farrah.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I do sometimes. :)

PS, this really belongs in FM.

*moves to Finneman's Market*
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

...absolutly positively not. My nails, are well... my nails. I don't need to pay for some thin pieces of plastic to cover 'em.

;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Nope :noway:

'Tis very hard to do practical things like dishes, cooking, baking, sewing and even typing on the computer with fake nails. So I therefore don't wear them. However, I have twice before, for special occasions...just because i wanted to see what they were like \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Pippin wrote:...absolutly positively not. My nails, are well... my nails. I don't need to pay for some thin pieces of plastic to cover 'em.

;)
thank you! haha...I hate even just painting my nails. they are fine as they are! \:D/
Do you believe in the couch?
H34TH4R
Someone's favorite

Post by H34TH4R »

I absolutely allways have my nails painted(blue right now) but i hate fake nails because they break easy.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Pippin wrote:...absolutly positively not. My nails, are well... my nails. I don't need to pay for some thin pieces of plastic to cover 'em.

;)

Amen. I think they are very impractical and silly.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Laurie wrote:

;)

Amen. I think they are very impractical and silly.
...and they look fake. I only paint my toenails, usually out of boredom. I never paint my fingernails, because nailpolish chips off more easily and I bite my nails. :p
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

:noway:

I like to bite them
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

No, but I do paint them! \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I've never gotten them, and don't want to. As long as I take care of my nails they look fine when I just paint them. :)
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

silmoraka heskil wrote:

;)
thank you! haha...I hate even just painting my nails. they are fine as they are! \:D/
lol...same here....I think the last time I've even had them painted was when my sister or mom gave me a french manicure for the fun of it (that's the only way I would want them painted anyway becasue they still look like regular nails.) It drives me nuts when my nails are too long...why would I want to make myself even more uncomforable by doing it on purpose?
Gandalf the Grey wrote:No, but I do paint them! \:D/
Um...I hope there's a story behind this.... :roll:
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I hate false nails. My sister loves them. So, amen to all the people who posted against false nails. And I don't paint them either. I can't stand the smell.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I have a hard enough time with my own nails, I don't need fake ones to add to the confusion. I perhaps should - my nails are really thin and don't grow well on their own. But it's too hard to take out contacts with fake nails. I had them one time, and I had to file down my right index finger just to get my contacts out for the night. I had gotten them for senior prom. They didn't last very long - not even until Monday - and I've never gotten them since.
Gandalf the Grey wrote:No, but I do paint them! \:D/
That's something I'd like to see! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

When I was little, I use to put on the really really plasticy fake ones for fun, but other than that, I've never worn them, an don't care to either. I just recently started painting my nails, but I take it off after one or two days of wearing it because it chips so much.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I've never worn fake nails...mine are just fine by themselves. :D
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I might...
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

False nails... *chuckles*

Anyway, I used to bite my nails... and then it came to my brilliant self that if I painted them, I wouldn't want to ruin the pain and wouldn't bite them anymore. \:D/

It... didn't really work. But after a while, I stopped biting them, anyway. :anxious:

And now I don't paint them because painted nails get ruined so easily that it's not even worth it. Besides, it takes time to paint them. And time is something I don't have. :noway:

:anxious:
don't forget the rain.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

My nails are naturally very thick, and I like to wear them long. So, when I'm talking to a group of friends, one person will always stop me and say, "Those are totally fake nails, right?" and they try to pull them off.

Needless to say, this doesn't work so well.
So, no. I don't wear fake nails, because I don't need to!
*returns*
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Kat wrote:My nails are naturally very thick, and I like to wear them long. So, when I'm talking to a group of friends, one person will always stop me and say, "Those are totally fake nails, right?" and they try to pull them off.
LOL

I'd love to see that!