Veggiepirates

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Veggiepirates

Post by Arla »

Has anyone watch the trailer yet? http://veggiepirates.com/
It looks pretty good. I'm kind of tired of the spoofing of other movies though. But I know The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything was around before other certain Pirates, but I would like to see some bible stories come to life again. You know, telling the story, like Daniel, Joshia, Ester, and Dave and the Giant Pickle. Not just telling a story to prove a moral, although I like those as well. I would love to see a Noah or Paul story.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

:shock:

DID YOU HEAR THE MUSIC!!!

*YELLS AT THE SCREEN!*

:x ](*,)

Oh I'm SO mad!! How could they spoof it SO much!!!

*watches trailer*

*calms down...a little bit*

Alright, it doesn't look like it's spoofing it too much...

*sigh*

(five minutes later)

Okay, I'm better now.

It doesn't look that bad. And...I'm sort of getting addicted to the music...
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

VeggieTales' videos have been lacking lately, and I don't just think that because I'm getting older (I still enjoy their older shows). The latest Larry-Boy was really poorly made, and the only funny gags in the entire video were the parts where it spoofed spiderman. The thought of them now doing the same with Pirates of the Caribbean worries me. I've never liked movies that spoofed other movies, and I could see them overdoing it.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Applesauce wrote:VeggieTales' videos have been lacking lately, and I don't just think that because I'm getting older (I still enjoy their older shows). The latest Larry-Boy was really poorly made, and the only funny gags in the entire video were the parts where it spoofed spiderman. The thought of them now doing the same with Pirates of the Caribbean worries me. I've never liked movies that spoofed other movies, and I could see them overdoing it.

That's pretty much what I would've said, if I had been a tad bit calmer. :anxious:
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

The satire from www.theonering.net's April Fools article about Chronicals of Cornia was dead-on
Original story development had actually taken place in May 2004, other animators said. Producers had quickly assembled cleverly rhyming names for the characters and an extremely smooth plotline almost completely paralleling the original. That brainstorming session lasted approximately nine minutes.

"We didn’t get too far into pre-production at the time," a spokesperson explained, "because we already had other parodies pending, with spoofs of Indiana Jones, Rocky, The Lone Ranger, Batman, Spider-Man, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Wallace and Gromit, The Matrix, The Bourne Identity and Saw III."

However, as more overtly Christian stories continue being made into mainstream films, producers later said, they are considering more versions of those, with much-clearer moral values for children.

Given the constant-spoof strategy’s future success, Big Idea producers are considering adaptations of the film Amazing Grace (Maize-ing Grace: A Lesson in Perseverance) as well as the movie version of Francine Rivers’ The Last Sin Eater (The Last Bean Eater: A Lesson in Creativity).

"People don’t want to learn about our own characters," the animator continued. "They’d rather see the characters others have already created, and mostly the same stories, only with a Veggie re-blend."
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The music sounds like the music from Jonah.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I just watched the preview and it looks.......cute, I guess. I'm not overly excited about it though.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I can't wait 'til it comes out! I love their stuff. Some of them I don't love. So lets just say i LIKE all of the veggietales and I love some.

-Robo

P.S. I thought The new larry-boy was wonderful!
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

*merged thread "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"*

Have any of you seen 'em? My brother just got the movie in last Friday and we watched it twice on Friday night and once on Sunday. We loved it!
What did you all think of it?
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I saw it I pretty much liked it but I was little busy reading Ted Dekker books. :D
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

It was funny. My brother was laughing during the whole time the second time we watched it. :D
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

yeah me too my mom took some of my brother's and sister's friends 3 of them to see it at the Christian book store.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

that's cool!
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Yeah I saw it the other day on dvd. I thought is was pretty good but not any close to being as funny as Lord of the Beans! That was the best ever!

But I did like the ending...ROCK MONSTER! \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Yeah, Lord of the Beans was hilerous (sp?) (and I can't spell ](*,))
Veggietales is plain funny :D
although Mom liked the help seeker. made her think of R2-D2
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I watched it this past weekend with my sister. I thought it was so cute!!! I love Veggie Tales, but this is the first one that I have watched on my own time. I watched one while babysitting a while back, but the kids were like 2 and 4, so I was a little preoccupied...
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I'll admit I watched it the day it came out...and I'm 18. I felt better about it when my dad told me VeggieTales is a huge cult favorite among a lot of college students. Yes, I know the lyrics to all of the Silly Songs (including "The Biscuit of Zazzamarandabo"). Yes, I own Veggie Rocks. And the veggie craze goes on.

In conclusion: Why is there a piano on my cake?
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

epic123 wrote:Yeah I saw it the other day on dvd. I thought is was pretty good but not any close to being as funny as Lord of the Beans! That was the best ever!

I personally think Lord of the Beans was one of the worst VeggieTales ever. But thats just me.

I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! I LOVE VT!

-Robo
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

The Ghost of Robo wrote:
epic123 wrote:Yeah I saw it the other day on dvd. I thought is was pretty good but not any close to being as funny as Lord of the Beans! That was the best ever!

I personally think Lord of the Beans was one of the worst VeggieTales ever. But thats just me.

I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! I LOVE VT!

-Robo
I love Lord of the Beans! It's probably the most perfect spoof they've ever done. From the sporks, instead of orks ("Cookie man say...NO!"), to the Silly Song ("You're nothing but an elvish impersonator!"), the humor is spot on. Of course, it makes no sense if you haven't seen LOTR. I've taken it to babysitting jobs, and the kids don't like it, because it really makes no sense on its own. I think the guys at Big Idea made that one solely for their own amusement, and for the amusement of people who are considered too old to be watching VeggieTales.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Yeah I liked how they changed it around I loved it. That is a good show which is an example of why I still watch veggie tales! \:D/