Naruto

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
faith_luvs_naruto777
Lurker

Naruto

Post by faith_luvs_naruto777 »

HI NARUTO FANS!!! Plz post comments about naruto. They can be about anything, favorite chacters, fav episodes, ect.... But they cannot dis naruto! Or u shall face my rath! lol ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Naruto is overrated.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I started watching Naruto. then I realized the show is going nowhere fast. It's basically the new DBZ. that's fine if you like that, but I don't feel like going through the whole series which doesn't show any signs of ending soon.
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

*merged thread "Naruto/Naruto Shippuden Discussion"*

I'm a big fan of Naruto manga and the TV show. But is the show against Christian Beliefs? There isnt any "Magic" though it does come close. And are the TAiled Beasts and "Demons" too Satan like?
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Well the a lot of the elements are taken from eastern religions, although the world itself is pure fantasy. You could say that such elements as summoning are anti-Christian. But there are also some Christian elements like the value of friendship, loving others more than you love yourself, self-discipline, determination, etc.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

As the world is completely fictional, I'd say it's not anti-Christian to, say, read or watch it, but, yes, the beliefs in the show are contrary to Christianity, but they also are in nearly every fictional world in popular media.

If nothing else, the show (which my sister and I watch regularly) shares several actors with Odyssey, of note:

Danielle Judovits (Aubrey Shepherd/Tenten)
Robbie Rist (David Straussberg/Chouji Akimichi)
Keith Silverstein (Peter Bourland/Sand Village Jounin)
Quinton Flynn (unknown Passages: Darien's Rise character/Iruka Umino)
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The main reason I stopped watching Naruto is cuz nothing ever happens! It takes forever for anything to get going. I remember there was one episode where the only thing that happened was Naruto fell down and got up. That's it. 20 minutes of multiple angle shots, pans of people staring and flashbacks. I started watching a bit of Shippuden and it's still the same. Naruto is the new DBZ.
Last edited by Elrohir on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Well sorry to bring-ish up a semi dead topic but I never got to say that I'm a fan of the Naruto (and shippuden) series. and I wouldn't exactly compare it to DBZ just yet though I'll admit it is quite close to it. I say that because in DBZ the bad guys kept coming back after they were "dead" and then would tend to transform and the battle would go on for 30 more episodes. I've yet to see that in Naruto though their are some episodes that are similar to DBZ where is a lot of repetitiveness (like you might see a 5 min chunk of the last few episodes). Over all though I would definitely say that Naruto is not the new DBZ.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Well, I just feel insulted sometimes when I watch it as it actually just a few scenes, just shown from every angle imaginable for 20 minutes.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Naruto is a very sloooow anime......nothing happens really. I got stuck at episode 2 because of that but decided, since I'd only seen one and a half I would try watching it again to see if it was more interesting later on. Of course I skipped the rest of episode 2 that I hadn't watched and made it all the way to episode 7 before I dropped it. It was to slow. I haven't exactly seen DBZ so I can't compare the two, but DBZ is slow and kind of boring, then I guess the two would be a lot alike for me :P
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

DbZ is extremely boring.