2007 Summer Blockbusters!!!!!

Which will make the most money!? Which are you most excited about!?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which will make the most money?!

Spider-man 3
32%
Shrek the Third
No votes
PotC: At World's End
34%
Oceans 13
No votes
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Shiny Naked Guy on a Stick
2%
Evan Almighty
No votes
Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4)
2%
Ratatouille
2%
Harry Potter 8 million or whatever one they are on now
20%
The Simpsons Movie!!!!
2%
The Bourne Ultimatum
5%
Rush Hour 3
No votes

Total votes: 44

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

2007 Summer Blockbusters!!!!!

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay! \:D/

Here are the big movies coming out this summer:

May 4: Spider-man 3

May 18: Shrek the Third

May 25: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

June 8: Ocean's Thirteen

June 15: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

June 22: Evan Almighty

June 29: Live Free or Die Hard, Ratatouille

July 4: Transformers

July 13: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

July 27: The Simpsons Movie

August 3: The Bourne Ultimatum

August 10: Rush Hour 3

\:D/

I am looking most forward to Spider-man 3, and right behind that Fantastic Four 2, because Marvel movies are cool most of the time, ignoring Elektra and Ghost Rider! \:D/ Transformers, Die Hard 4, the Simpsons Movie (I love the Simpsons but nothing I've seen of the movie OVERLY impresses me yet), Evan Almighty (I love Bruce Almighty, and I love Steve Carrell, but this movie doesn't really look overly impressive yet), Bourne Ultimatum and Rush Hour 3, I'd all like to see... and maybe the Pirates and Shrek movie, although I'm not overly excited about them... more of a dollar theater/rental type movie for me. Although, with all the ones I want to see I really, really doubt I will be seeing most of them in the "expensive" theater, anyway. ;)

But yeah as for BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS my personal guess is either Spider-man 3 or Pirates 3 will make the most... I want to say Spider-man will win because I like that series a lot better, but I'm not convinced it will happen. :( Still, they should both do well, and Shrek movies have made huge money, so that could shoot up there, too. The Simpsons has a shot at making huge money since it has such a massive fanbase, but the show has lost steam in its 18 year run so I'm not sure if it will translate to box office success or not. :noway:

Anyway, start posting in my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or I will leave the board forever because you all hate me!!!! :x
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I want to see Ratatouille (sp?) and Spiderman 3. That's it this summer, as far as blockbusters go.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I'm sure there are other cool movies coming out (28 Weeks Later! \:D/ ), but I just copied off a site that demanded that these movies are the ones considered "blockbusters"! :shock: \:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Ah. Well, Nancy Drew is coming out this summer, and I'll probably see that. Considering the ND fanbase over at Her Interactive and over the world, I think it could be considered a blockbuster. (Now that I know that Bess and George were not the two girly-girls in the trailer.) \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

*keeps waiting for a Hardy Boys movie starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson* :(
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

So Harry Potter!
jtmcgee
Pilgrim

Post by jtmcgee »

I want it to be POTC, but sadly it will probably be Harry Potter( :ache: )
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

I think PotC will make the most money. But I am looking forward to Ratatouille. :)

And Spider-Man 3. ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I think PotC will probably make the most.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to Ocean's Thirteen! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that POTC3:AWE will make the most money this summer. POTC2 made tons of money, and left people with a cliffhanger that will make a lot of people want to go see the third installment sooner rather than later.

Personally, I really wanted to see Spiderman 3 and POTC3 the most this summer. The rest, if I want to see them at all, I don't mind waiting a while. Sure, Shrek the Third is probably funny, but it doesn't have that same "What will happen?! Oh nooo!!!" quality to it.
Impossible is Nothing
Tallying up

Post by Impossible is Nothing »

Spider-man 3 , Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ,
Ocean's Thirteen ,The Bourne Ultimatum
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I'm guessing Spider-man 3 instead of POTC 3. Despite the fact that POTC 2 was one of the biggest earners ever, a lot of fans of the first film were put off with the second, so won't be seeing the third. Also, there hasn't been enough time between it and the second (which didn't come out on DVD all that long ago) for people to be hyped up about it (there was almost three years between POTC 1 and 2). Most people I've talked to aren't even aware that it comes out this month. However, I'm sure it will do much better internationaly than Spider-man, so it will probably make more $$$ overall.
Order of the Phoenix will be very sucessful as well, though probably not as much as the last HP movie (the last summer one they did, Prisoner of Azkaban, didn't do as well as the ones released around the holiday season). It's the one that I'm looking forward to the most, though.
I really couldn't care less about Transformers, Fantastic 4 or Die Hard 4.
And Elizabeth Doyle, I don't think Nancy Drew can be considerered a blockbuster because of the fact that the fan base is much to narrow. Blockbusters usualy appeal to males and females of all ages.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Harry Potter is the only one that interests me. I can't wait to see it. \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*looks at list*

Instead of a summer of sequels this is a summer of thirds.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Jonathan wrote:*looks at list*

No kidding. I knew all those movies were in production, but I hadn't realized they were all coming out this summer. And other than Ratatouille, Simpsons, and Transformers, every movie listed is a sequel (and come to think of it, both Simpsons and Transformers are based off of pre-existing franchises, so Ratatouille is the only "original" film on that list). ;)

Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, and Ratatouille are in my "to-see" list, with Oceans Thirteen in the "possible to-see" list. The Bourne Ultimatum would also be in the "possible" list, except I haven't seen the second movie yet.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

I think ether Spider-man 3, Shrek the Third or Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Applesauce wrote:
Jonathan wrote:*looks at list*

No kidding. I knew all those movies were in production, but I hadn't realized they were all coming out this summer. And other than Ratatouille, Simpsons, and Transformers, every movie listed is a sequel (and come to think of it, both Simpsons and Transformers are based off of pre-existing franchises, so Ratatouille is the only "original" film on that list). ;)

Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, and Ratatouille are in my "to-see" list, with Oceans Thirteen in the "possible to-see" list. The Bourne Ultimatum would also be in the "possible" list, except I haven't seen the second movie yet.
*takes another look at list*

Oh, I didn't know Ratahoweveryouspellit was coming out this summer too--my want-to-see list includes the one on yours (minus Oceans and Bourne), with a possible Shrek 3. I'll probably skip that one though, doesn't look as good as the first two.
Impossible is Nothing
Tallying up

Post by Impossible is Nothing »

I think Spiderman or POTC3.....wil def be the biggest !!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

It's all about Transformers :D
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

If I'm going to see a movie, most will be based on the reviews...

Spider-man 3: The reviews are iffy. Which I'm very sad about. But I'm definatly going to go see it.

Shrek the Third: Only if the reviews are good, which they won't be. This movie looks terrible. The 2nd one was amazing...but, I hear early reviews saying not so great things about this one.

PotC: At World's End: I don't think it'll be good. I honestly don't. So, if they say it is--I'll go.

Oceans 13: Um, this one I'll probably see. I have a good feeling it'll be good.

Ratatouille: If it has good reviews--I'll see it. A lot of people think it'll look bad.
Transformers: I hope this ones good. I'll probably see it.

Harry Potter 8: Probably not. Unless I hear good things about it.

The Bourne Ultimatum: Yep. Definately gonna see this one.