I went to a art museum today!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

I went to a art museum today!

Post by Arla »

As the title mentioned, I went to a art museum today. I went with my sisters college group. (They had extra room) It was so cool! What kind of museums do you guys like?
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Art is the only kind I like. Others usually make me pretty bored.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Science and history museums are the only ones that interest me.

I'd die of boredom in an art museum. :sick:
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I went to an art museum not too long ago... I thought it was fun!

I felt smart walking around with a group of students, analyzing paintings, and sounding philosophical.
"Well, I think that the painter is trying to express... that... He really likes colors. Yeah. That sounds about right..." ;)

I like History and Art Museums, but Science Museums can be fun, too! :)

Sarah
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Everything about art museums are rather interesting, except when one is in the modern art section and everyone's all, 'isn't the human body wonderful to draw? no matter that there are probably more people drawn here without clothes than on (Yay Top, people are like your pastor! \:D/)' ... my family tends to skip out on the modern art/slightly Michelangelo-complex-type artists.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I like museums! The Louvre was cool, as was the Getty here in LA. For science, I love the Exploratorium in San Francisco, but we went recently to a local one here that was really cool. We are going to England in May, and I am totally looking forward to going to some museums there.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Darcie wrote:We are going to England in May, and I am totally looking forward to going to some museums there.
Can I tag along? lol. actually, I went to an art museam yesterday...and enjoyed it greatly!

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't care for art museums...I prefer history or science. I once went to a neat Quilt Museum too! :D The Washington D.C. area has some great places to go - the Museum of American History was my favorite, but I didn't have nearly enough time to see everything. I also enjoyed the Holocaust Museum, although "enjoy" might not be a good word... :anxious: My parents have been to a Spy Museum that sounded pretty interesting. I can't wait til the Creation Museum in Kentucky opens - that'll be a great place to visit! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Oh, I just remembered the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan! They brought in all sorts of historic buildings, plus the chair that Lincoln was shot in (it even has a stain that they claim to be his hair product), a vial containing Edison's last breath of air, and other totally random stuff! I also like a neat Egyptian museum called the Rosicrucian that's in the San Francisco area.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Impossible is Nothing
Tallying up

Post by Impossible is Nothing »

Museums with lots of displays and buttons to push. :D
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

I like alot of museums, but this past winter I went to the SPAM museum in Minnesota...it was pretty weird. I got sick on the SPAMples. Anyway, I like most museums.
Thanks Darth Birdie for the HSE, and DanP740 for the HUGE donation.

Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I like history and science museums.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

The DC area does have alot of really cool museums...

I have to say, I've never met a museum I didn't like.. including town history museums..
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

these a tons of cool museums around here \:D/ but don't have time to go to then :(
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

The museum of science and industry in Chicago is really cool!! There is a really cool children's museum near my house where you get to stand in a bubble and pretend to be a news reporter on TV! I love going there!!! (even though its technically geared for kids a lot younger than me) :-s
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I generally prefer other museums to art museums, but I don't find them excessively boring. ;) I enjoy visiting science museums...I'm always fascinated to find out how things work.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

We have a really great history museum in my city. I also love the glass museum and the art museum. But the art one only so I can tell people "I'm going to the art museum"... not because I particularly like the paintings. They don't do much for me. Sculptures I like a bit more, but some are just so dark and stupid...don't like them.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz