Poetry?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
MissRachel
Not as new

Poetry?

Post by MissRachel »

I know I can't possibly be the only poetry fanatic out there.. whether that be writing or reading, or both..
Come now, and let yourselves be known! :anxious:
You don't know how lovely you are.
Therefor, it is my job to let you know... ^_~ <3
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My local accountant
Is also a Jew
MissRachel
Not as new

Post by MissRachel »

*applauds*

Well you certainly have the idea, there. =)
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I havent written a poem in ages.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

A place to find some member-written poetry is in the Inventor's Corner forum, which is part of Subscription Based Content (SBC), so you might not be able to see it. Click on the Factions option on the top menu bar and under Non-member groups, choose "SBC: Inventor's Corner" and you can automatically subscribe. \:D/
MissRachel
Not as new

Post by MissRachel »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:I havent written a poem in ages.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Oh, that's a shame. =/ Did you get bored of it?

I think everyone should at least *try* writing poetry. And they shouldn't stop if they like it, just because they don't feel they do "well". I think any type of writing comes from deep within a person.. that in itself is very beautiful and has a lot of value. =) There's no such thing as bad poetry, in that sense.

Ho-hum. Thus concludes my useless piece of information for the day. \:D/
Catspaw wrote:A place to find some member-written poetry is in the Inventor's Corner forum, which is part of Subscription Based Content (SBC), so you might not be able to see it. Click on the Factions option on the top menu bar and under Non-member groups, choose "SBC: Inventor's Corner" and you can automatically subscribe. \:D/
Thanks for the info!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

MissRachel wrote:
Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:I havent written a poem in ages.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Oh, that's a shame. =/ Did you get bored of it?

I think everyone should at least *try* writing poetry. And they shouldn't stop if they like it, just because they don't feel they do "well". I think any type of writing comes from deep within a person.. that in itself is very beautiful and has a lot of value. =) There's no such thing as bad poetry, in that sense.

Ho-hum. Thus concludes my useless piece of information for the day. \:D/
Catspaw wrote:A place to find some member-written poetry is in the Inventor's Corner forum, which is part of Subscription Based Content (SBC), so you might not be able to see it. Click on the Factions option on the top menu bar and under Non-member groups, choose "SBC: Inventor's Corner" and you can automatically subscribe. \:D/
Thanks for the info!
Truth be told I just havnt any time to sit and write any let alone haveing nothing to wrote about and then theirs the fact that I have no one to share the ones that are not written with anyone.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I have metrophobia so there!
(fear or hated of poetry)

RR
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I learned a new word today! \:D/ Yay! Thanks, RioRenae! I might use that word sometime in one of my English classes. ;)
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i learned a new word too! *metrophobia, metrophobia--remember!* lol.

i have a poetry book...i just got it like 3 or 4 months ago as a gift...i haven't read very much...like none (a little when i got it!!!) :anxious: but shush, i can use the excuse i've been busy :wink: i haven't really written much poetry and i'm not really good, and i can't say that i really enjoyed it, though i would like to try my hand at it again sometime when i have more time. my brother on the other hand has written quite a few and is quite good...not to mention the fact that he's also written a ton of songs (some with, some without words) which are poetry as well...and quite good :D i need to figure out where he got that talent and see if i have it :wink:

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I haven't written much poetry - in fact, I think all of it is in the Inventor's Corner. I usually only write it for therapeutic purposes or because I feel strongly about something. I think I'm okay at it, even though mine usually don't follow any meter or rhyme scheme (at least, not on purpose).
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I've written some...I don't know that I've shown you any of it though, Rachel. There might be a poem or two in the Inventor's Corner...