Azure's first kick!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jessicado
Love to love

Azure's first kick!!!

Post by Jessicado »

Woohoo! I was getting really nervous because I was over 23 weeks along, and you're normally supposed to feel the baby moving around from 17-23 weeks. I especially started panicking after my surgery (which went fine btw--thanks for all the prayers! ) when she still didn't move. The tumor ended up being much larger than originally thought (bigger than a tennis ball), so they had to make the cut larger and the surgery took longer, and I was on pain med longer--so I was really worried about the effects on Azure because of all that. Her heartbeat is still strong, but my ultrasound to check up on the surgery and on her isn't until next week, so I had no idea if she was moving at all.
Then about 4 days ago I started feeling really wierd movements by my pelvis, and the other night I was trying to sleep and felt a def kick! A few seconds later she did it again! She's done it a few more times since then and Cliff is mad, because he hasn't been able to feel them yet. She'll kick and then he'll come running over to feel it, and she'll stop.
HEY!!! She just did it again while I was writing this! \:D/
Anyways-I'm excited and wanted to share--I'll post pictures after the ultrasound!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

That's great! How exciting. :D I'm glad your surgery went well.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Congratulations! :D I'm glad your surgery went well, and that Azure is fine!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Congratulations! I'm glad that the surgery went well! Reminds me when my mom was going to have my little brother.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Yay! I'm glad your surgery went well!
*returns*
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Sweet! I'm glad you're doing well, and that your baby's doing so well, too. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Thanks for the update, Jessicado!! I am glad to hear that the surgery was successful. (And she was probably moving around plenty in there, you just didn't know it was her yet! ;) )
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It seems that Azure has good taste and likes the ToO - yay! \:D/ You've got to instill good values right from the start! ;)

I'm so glad that both you and Azure are doing well, Jessicado! \:D/ That's definitely good to hear!
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

Yay! I'm happy your surgery went well, Jessicado. And that lil Azure is kicking. I remeber when my mum was going to have my brother. It was so weird to feel him kick. :P
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I'm so glad everything went well for you. It can be hard to tell what is baby movement with your first baby. If you have another, you'll realize much sooner.
Can't wait for the ultrasound pics!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

How exciting! \:D/
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

that cool \:D/ hope it all goes well \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

How cute! :D

I'm glad the surgery went well and that Azure did fine. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Awwww! How adorable! I'm glad things went well and that she's a movin' around and you get to feel the excitement of it all. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Thanks for the update, I'm so happy everything is going well..

I love the name you have picked out, too.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I'm glad she's alive and kicking. ;)

\:D/
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

YaY congratulations!! btw I <333 ur sig :p
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Congrats, I'm glad everything went well.

-Abigail
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Thanks so much everyone! I will have to take the advice of the wiser women around here and agree that she must have been squirming awhile before now--I just didn't know it. Because now that I feel her moving and realize it is her, I remember feeling that motion before, but just figuring it was really wierd gas or something! She is also flipping alot around in there, because the other day she was kicking at my pelvic bone, and today she is back up in my stomach---it's sooooo wierd!

Well, went to get an ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great--all appendages, bones and organs in place. She weighs 1 pound, 9 oz! I'll post pictures as soon as I can get my scanner to work.

I also found out yesterday that I am a mutant frog superhero! The doctor got the pathalogy report back and told us that I had apparently tried to create a baby all by myself years back, being the independent sorta gal I am, and that is what the tumor was! It was attached to my ovary and apparently was full of hair, cartalidge, lung matter, brain matter, a bone and even one tooth! The doctor thinks that people had been misdiagnosing me all these years when they told me I couldn't have kids, because my hormones were just messed up since my body was acting like I was already pregnant. So hopefully after Azure is born, I will be back to normal! The doctor is also amazed that we conceived Azure with the tumor there and my body behaving the way it was, so I guess she was really meant to be:)

Anyways, Cliff keeps calling me a frog because I tried to create a baby all by myself like frogs do, and he also considers me a superhero because I have been carrying a mutant in my belly for years........ :-s
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Wow... that's an amazing, miraculous, scientific mystery-type story!! Oh, and just wait until you get feet and hands jabbing you in the ribs. That's weird. Of course, I have a short waist, so that may not happen to you.
Good to hear the updates! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon