Pamela has a Problem

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Pamela has a Problem

Post by Conniepaw »

what did you think?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think it is an excellent episode that deals with a very relevant issue. Hopefully they will not get the negative feed back and the episode will continue to air. If it starts a conversation that parents and teenagers should be having, then it is doing what the producers intended.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

I remember hearing this the last time it was aired. Wow, it's been a while! :D Great epp, and I Hope they reair it. People should feel free to disagree with it instead of focus not airing it because of disagreements between fans/parents.. This is in some ways a quite secular view, but I think this epp demonstrates how certain odyssey epps don't necessarily give you the answer straight out. They encurage conversations about the issues talked about in the epps which I think is very interesting and in some ways more important then lesson learning epps.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I believe it was a very great! I liked how they addressed the problem sensitivly.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

i thought it was a very good episode that teenagers need to hear and to talk about with someone or their parents
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I have always really liked that episode. It was done very well, and deals with the issue in a totally appropriate way.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I thought this episode dealt with the issue in an appropriate and sensitive manner. I liked how the episode kept its serious tone pretty much through the whole episode—there were no funny moments to make it lighthearted.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I had heard about it but Saturday was the first time I heard it and I thought it was really good. I liked the way the addressed the issue. I kinda wish they did more eps like it. Not that the ones they do aren't about important issues but there are somethings that are just so much a part of our culture and kids grow up thinking these things are okay even when they're not. It's important that AIO isn't afraid of addressing those things and explaining how wrong they are...and they have the ability to do it in a way kids will listen to.

I'm excited about the potential there is to do something like that with Kellie...we'll see.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I heard it for the first time today, and I really like how they handled it, but it was really sad :(
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

I loved it!! I thought that they did an awesome job addressing the issue of abortion, and Im really glad they did. My cuz was pregnant at 17 (althought she NVR considered abortion) she was still scared about what her parents would say because my aunt and uncle are pastors. It really made me think about how even though her daughter (Aubrey) is only 1 and a half, she has already changed so many lives (for the better) and it amazed me just how different even a one-yr-old can change people's lives, and make them so much better. \:D/
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I listened to the episode, and thought it was excellent, I thought they handled the subject quite well, and I will probably listen to it again.

:offtopic: BTW, why did Hold Up air yesterday?
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Hold Up aired yesterday because the next episode was supposed to be Just Say Yes. But since they had already aired that on the weekend episodes, they didn't want it to repeat.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

um i thought i would cry this eps. was sooooooo touching.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i was afraid she was gonna go through with it. but very good ep i wish they did more like it

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
dancer_girl118
Lurker

Post by dancer_girl118 »

I thought it was really good. I think they should do more of this kind.