The Santa Clause Trilogy

1, 2, and 3

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

The Santa Clause Trilogy

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I went to see The Santa Clause 3 today, and it was actually pretty cute. The first one will foever be a classic, and the second one was okay. This one is cute, but I do LOVE the first one. Anybody else seen 3 or have any personal love of the first two? \:D/
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

which one was better, in your opinion, 2nd or 3rd

because obviously the first was the best \:D/
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

My family liked the first one and we always see a kids movie on Thanksgiving so we saw Santa Clause 2 when it came out and we are gonna see number 3 this year. It looks okay. I guess time will tell. It's kinda funny dragging my brothers to these movies...hahaha. Well, only one of them this year. Anywho...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I have to say I think 3 was better than 2. I thought 2 got rather cheesy at moments and 3 seemed to avoid this most of the time. Not that it didn't have its moment or two, but overall, I liked it.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I saw the first one (and own it on VHS! \:D/ ) and think its a really good Christmas movie... not quite as majestic as Elf or Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, but good none the less.

I've not seen the sequels... I've heard they aren't really that great and don't live up to the first. While I wouldn't pay to see 3 in theaters I suppose if 2 or 3 were on TV or I could rent them cheaply maybe I would, though...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I saw the first two and did not care for them, so I have no desire to see the third one.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I've only seen the first (and I liked it), but I'd like to see the other two.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The first is a classic. I heard the second one wasn't good, and I decided the first one was good on it's own, so I never saw it. And I've heard the third is much better then the second (plus it's got Martin Short in it \:D/ ) so I might wind up seeing it.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

first one was great. the second was blah and the third? *snores....*
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Jonathan wrote:And I've heard the third is much better then the second (plus it's got Martin Short in it \:D/ ) so I might wind up seeing it.
Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward too. Martin Short is a funny guy!

STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

The first one was a classic. One of the best modern Chrismas movies next to Muppet Christmas Carol.

The second one didn't live up to expectations. It was good to see once but I don't think I'll be seeing it again soon.

The third one looks good because it has flashbacks to one (which can be really good if done right and really bad if done poorly). I still don't think I'll see it in the theaters but I do expect to see it.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I've seen the first one, but not the second one and the new one.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really like the first two - I think that for a sequel, the second one is pretty good. \:D/ I haven't seen the third one yet, but I want to at some point. Even if it's totally lame, I know that I would still have some fun watching it. \:D/
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I saw the first one a while back, and didn't think too much of it. (Not that it was bad, just not really my kind of movie). I haven't seen the two sequels, but I probably will at some point - just not in theaters. My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street, which my family and I always watch on Christmas Eve.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I vaugly remeber seeing the first one. I was pretty young at the time, and thought it was pretty good. I have absolutely no interest in seeing any of the others. It just looks like another lame family movie (ie. lots of dumb slapstick and fart jokes glazed over a sappy, sentimental boring story).
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

I saw number 3 yesterday. It was pretty funny. Incredibly corny though.

Martin Short was funny, I thought.

Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Mallow wrote:I saw the first one a while back, and didn't think too much of it. (Not that it was bad, just not really my kind of movie). I haven't seen the two sequels, but I probably will at some point - just not in theaters. My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street, which my family and I always watch on Christmas Eve.
Hey, so do we! My Aunt and Uncle always have it on at their house when we go there after the Christmas Eve service. It's tradition for all of the cousins to plop down (usually sitting on top of each other since there's not enough room for all of us) and watch the movie! \:D/

Ahem, anyway... In regards to the actual topic:
I liked the first one, I didn't like the second very much, though. In which case, I probably am not going to like the third. I might rent it, I wouldn't see it in theaters, though.

Sarah
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I saw the first one a couple years ago, and I enjoyed it enough to watch it a second time. The second one was okay, but I wasn't expecting much anyways. I probably won't go see the third one, but my younger brother might want to rent it out.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I loved both the 1st and the 2nd. They remind me so much of my late grandmother, because we watched the first one at her house every Christmas season!
The thing I've loved about this series the most is that they actually use all the same actresses and actors! The little cousin girl with red hair, the son, everyone, and they are just naturally getting older. It's cool.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I loved both the 1st and the 2nd. They remind me so much of my late grandmother, because we watched the first one at her house every Christmas season!
The thing I've loved about this series the most is that they actually use all the same actresses and actors! The little cousin girl with red hair, the son, everyone, and they are just naturally getting older. It's cool.
I thought that was neat too. It was funny cause you can tell Curtis' voice has changed since number two. I was sorta bummed that Bernard wasn't in number 3 but I wasn't too impressed with his role in the second one so it wasn't totally depressing that he didn't make an appearance... :anxious: