Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ooo, anybody watch the Serena Williams match? \:D/ She lost in the first round of the French Open - the first time in her career she's lost an opening round match at a major. It was very exciting! The crowd was of course cheering for the other player, because she was French. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah she's like 46-1 in opening rounds now or something...sad. :( Serena Williams is gorgeous. :inlove:
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

EK wrote:Anyone watching this celtics/heat game 1 right now? This is intense.

*edit*

Well. I guess not. Nobody here likes basketball. :( Forget hockey, the real excitements in the NBA. :noway:

double post fixed ~ bookworm
I like basketball--it's my favorite sport. I was just mainly talking about the NHL because the Coyotes are the only good team we have in Arizona. ;) :p

I never expected the Celtics to have a chance in this series. They'll probably get swept.

As a Suns fan, I hate the Spurs, so hopefully the Thunder can still turn the series around, but it'll most likely be Heat vs. Spurs in the Finals. If so, I hope LeBron can have better success against them than he did in '07. :-

Jeremy
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I am officially going to go around saying Bron-Bron just ain't big enough for Texas, if the Spurs make it. And that would be fun. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

President LBJ is gonna kill it man. San Antonio is good but not that good, not LeBron and Dwade good.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Lebron and Dwade will be to busy fighting each other and the coach. And if someone else on the team touches the ball...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

You must not have watched the last 4 games they've played. They're playing cohesively, like a championship team...

Lebron is 27.... Jordan was 28 when he got his first ring...it's about time...witness.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Do not compare Lebron to Jordan.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Haha, Chicago fans. There's always going to be players that transcend how we play the game in every generation. Dr. J, Larry Bird, Magic, Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, Wade, LeBron. I don't know why Jordan is the de facto legend...he obviously didn't do it alone...Pippen was his Wade man, I'm telling ya...it's history being made...right now Miami Heat...9 rings.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:Do not compare Lebron to Jordan.
EK wrote:it's history being made...right now Miami Heat...9 rings.
Haha, arrogent Chicago AND Miami fans... just sayin'.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm not being arrogant. I'm saying you can't compare a guy who doesn't have a single ring, to a guy with six. And Jordan is held that high because he didn't ditch his team when it was awful. All the Lebron comparisons are nearly as bad as when everyone was calling Rodgers the greatest quarterback ever. He hasn't done a single thing to earn that yet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Haha, arrogent Chicago AND Miami fans... just sayin'.
I’m not a Bull or Heat fan, and I don’t think people should compare players to Jordan.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

When you're that good, you want to be on a good team. A team that got lucky when the drafted him. They became the worst team in the league the year after LeBron left Cleveland that showed two things. First, LeBron James is clearly the best player in basketball right now because he carried that team through the playoffs to a finals series and second, that the managing of the cavs was horrible I'm not surprised he left, they never brought him any help.

*edit*

Spurs vs OKC Game 3 on TNT right now, who's watching this? I have the Spurs winning and going up 3-0.

And yes, this is a blatant bump but, whatever.....it's playoffs! C'mon man!

double post fixed ~ bookworm
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Knight Fisher wrote:I'm not being arrogant. I'm saying you can't compare a guy who doesn't have a single ring, to a guy with six. And Jordan is held that high because he didn't ditch his team when it was awful. All the Lebron comparisons are nearly as bad as when everyone was calling Rodgers the greatest quarterback ever. He hasn't done a single thing to earn that yet.
Actually Rodgers has and that's called a championship. Not the greatest but he has done a single thing.

Also you can't compare Lebron and Jordan, yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

After this finals series you will.

Also. If rings matter that much then Eli > Peyton. (this is actually accurate, Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFL right now)
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

EK wrote:After this finals series you will.

Also. If rings matter that much then Eli > Peyton. (this is actually accurate, Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFL right now)
As a Colts fan, I would still agree with the second part of that considering that P. Manning is not going to be 100%. Besides hes not a Colts player so I really don't like him anymore.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Peyton is still going to be a beast on the field. He's Peyton freaking Manning, I mean c'mon....does anyone seriously think Luck will EVER be better than him?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EK wrote:After this finals series you will.
No. I wont. \:D/
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Well, I was wrong about the Heat sweeping the Celtics. Not even that Game 2 loss was able to demoralize them.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I figured the celts would get one on their home court, Ray Allen is finally getting his stride back and Rondo is playing excellent basketball, but it's definitely not enough to win. The west is kind of up in the air now that it's tied up, i'm looking for the Spurs to win game 5, OKC game 6, and Spurs game 7.