Is Whit an American?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
No way I broke the window

Is Whit an American?

Post by 31899 »

Is Whit an American? Whit was born in Scotland and I can't remember a time where he actually says he's American.

I think if they did a full out back to beginnings AIO relaunch Whit should have a Scottish accent. :yes:

Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Maybe that's why he refuses to get involved in politics. He can't vote.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Wait, wasn't he born in America, but moved to Scotland, or something?

edit: Oh, never mind. He was born in Scotland. But I'm pretty sure his dad was American, or something...
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I'm pretty sure considering how much work he's done for top-level security government projects, including the DOD, he'd have to be an American citizen...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I agree; just because he was born in Scotland doesn't mean he didn't get American citizenship at some point; as ric said, he probably wouldn't get jobs at national security offices if he wasn't a citizen.

EDIT: Double post...hah. Fail.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

He did serve in the United States armed forces in WWII so he probably got around to getting citizenship.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Whit was born to two American citizens, so yes, he is an American citizen.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:Whit was born to two American citizens, so yes, he is an American citizen.
*Jaw drops.* I'm thinking about ranting for hours but no. :? But please, Emily Jones. :bang:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:Whit was born to two American citizens, so yes, he is an American citizen.
But will the next album deal with the birther movement outraged that Whit is not a natural born American citizen?

Post by 31899 »

I didn't know Whit's parents were American, that's interesting. Is that mentioned in a specific episode or was it something that was hinted at every now and again?

Last edited by 31899 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

The Top Crusader wrote:
But will the next album deal with the birther movement outraged that Whit is not a natural born American citizen?
Jus sanguinis (law of blood) is the practice of extending citizenship to offspring, of American citizens, not born on US soil. If you were born overseas, but at least one of your parents was a citizen for at least one year at the time of your birth, then you are a natural born US citizen.
- Whit is then an American citizen do to law of the blood, remeber we never hear from his mother, but we do here from Fiona his step mother in Thank you, God. I love when I can put my government skills to work ;)

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I wish that AIO had a French character \:D/ That would be awesome.
*insert provocative quote here*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I wish that AIO had a French character \:D/ That would be awesome.
Howard J. Weizel is French. At least his name is.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Um... we JUST got a French character! Jacques Henri!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent

Post by 31899 »

I think she means an actually French person or someone with a real French/French Dialect accent, but this is off-topic.

Bennett you mentioned maybe that's why he doesn't get involved in politics. Maybe your right and because of his Scottish upbringing he feels conflicted about American politics.

Last edited by 31899 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Yes, as a Frenchie, I dislike Jacques' accent quite a bit.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

31899 wrote:Maybe your right and because of his Scottish upbringing he feels conflicted about American politics.
I think episodes like A Single Vote show he’s appreciative of politics.