Halloween

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

My family basically allowed trick-or-treating with the neighbor kids and all that, though I wasn't supposed to dress as anything truly "evil." However, as I was a weird, homeschool kid that didn't really like chocolate, I never really understood the appeal in collecting and eating tons of candy all at once. >.<

Anyway, I think I dressed up as the Little Mermaid when I was like 5 or something and had to carry this giant tail around with me, which was rather dumb. :( Later years included such favorites as Zorro, Sherlock Holmes, Hillary Clinton and Mary Queen of Scots. And something nerdy like binary code or something in college.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who know binary, and those who don't! ;) :D
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

My family lives in the country when I'm with my parents, so no one shows up. Our church has an annual Harvest party, where we do games, sell hotdogs for some fundraiser, and have doughnuts, candy, and hay rides. :D It's fun. And we do a costume contest.

Today my nursing class had a costume contest. I was going to dress in my green formal dress and wear my tiara and call myself Princess Loki, but I just wore a skirt and a nice top and my tiara and called myself a Princess. We had some great costumes.

My aunt and uncle normally hand out candy, and since my cousin is only 2 and a half, we don't go trick or treating, and this year we are sick, so we aren't handing out candy. We shouldn't spread the cold we have. Go figure.

Otherwise, Halloween is seriously just becoming another day on the calender to me... useless day, even with candy. Candy is the yum part. Except I'm sick this year. :( Gonna have to eat my Milky Way when I get better.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Sherlock wrote:My family basically allowed trick-or-treating with the neighbor kids and all that, though I wasn't supposed to dress as anything truly "evil." However, as I was a weird, homeschool kid that didn't really like chocolate, I never really understood the appeal in collecting and eating tons of candy all at once. >.<

Anyway, I think I dressed up as the Little Mermaid when I was like 5 or something and had to carry this giant tail around with me, which was rather dumb. :( Later years included such favorites as Zorro, Sherlock Holmes, Hillary Clinton and Mary Queen of Scots. And something nerdy like binary code or something in college.
Hillary Clinton? :huh: Words escape me.

\:D/
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Our parents have allowed us to go trick-or-treating. We never dressed up as anything bad. We hand out tracts and candy to kids also.
Last edited by Sunshine on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
American Eagle wrote:^ Not sure if serious.
I'm semi-serious.
We are passing out candy tonight though. I hate passing out candy... There goes my night of peacefully doing homework. :P
Dude, passing out candy to little kids is like the best feeling ever! :noway:
IT IS?!? Well, passing candy out to the little kids that are well behaved and aren't dressed up as a dead skeleton zombie. Or something.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I'm going to sit at home tonight and watch Pirates of the Caribbean in pitch black darkness \:D/
Last edited by Musical Shutterbug on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*insert provocative quote here*
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I'm going to sit at home tonight and watch Pirates of the Caribbean in pitch black darkness \:D/

AH! I so want to do that! I love that movie!

Eh, it's getting close to the time we turn the light on. :P Can we just dump the candy on the ground and have a sign saying "grab 2"? :P
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

On Friday, my university had a Halloween costume contest, and a lots of people dressed up. I don't remember the last time I went to a Halloween party, so it was fun seeing everyone in crazy costumes. Tonight, I'm going with some friends and we'll be going door to door asking people for canned goods instead of candy for our local food bank. I'm excited about it. :D
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Whitty Whit wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I'm going to sit at home tonight and watch Pirates of the Caribbean in pitch black darkness \:D/

Eh, it's getting close to the time we turn the light on. :P Can we just dump the candy on the ground and have a sign saying "grab 2"? :P
Someone did that in my neighborhood last year! :shock: I couldn't help but wonder, "what's to stop someone from grabbing the whole bowl and running away?"
*insert provocative quote here*
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:

Someone did that in my neighborhood last year! :shock: I couldn't help but wonder, "what's to stop someone from grabbing the whole bowl and running away?"
Heh, exactly. :P I still want to do it though.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sherlock wrote:And something nerdy like binary code or something in college.
It’s really funny you would say something like that, in networking class today my instructor said we should wear ‘subnet masks’ tonight. :lol:
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
It’s really funny you would say something like that, in networking class today my instructor said we should wear ‘subnet masks’ tonight. :lol:
That's so lame it's hilarious. :P
#FOREVERKITTY
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Whitty Whit wrote:
bookworm wrote:
That's so lame it's hilarious. :P
What's a subnet mask?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:That's so lame it's hilarious. :P
I know, he seriously impressed himself with how clever it was. And he’s right.
Lee wrote:What's a subnet mask?
It’s difficult to explain to an outsider. Very simply put, it’s a binary string that is used to manipulate a network address.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:That's so lame it's hilarious. :P
I know, he seriously impressed himself with how clever it was. And he’s right.
It’s difficult to explain to an outsider. Very simply put, it’s a binary string that is used to manipulate a network address.
xD

lol. Somehow, I doubt that she got that.
#FOREVERKITTY
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I actually love computers... (fixing routers etc.) However, I don't do much with computer code, unless BBC code counts. :p

Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

bookworm wrote:
haha, an "outsider"? :p

We usually just turn off all the lights at the front of the house and pretend that nobody's home. The kids don't usually come to our house anyway. I think it might be because of that one year when my brother dressed in black and hid on our roof and dropped flour bombs on the Trick or Treaters. :lol: good times
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:
bookworm wrote:
haha, an "outsider"? :p

We usually just turn off all the lights at the front of the house and pretend that nobody's home. The kids don't usually come to our house anyway. I think it might be because of that one year when my brother dressed in black and hid on our roof and dropped flour bombs on the Trick or Treaters. :lol: good times
AH! I should totally do that!
#FOREVERKITTY
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

:hilarious: THAT I would've liked to see.