Where do you like to swim?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Where do you like to swim

Pool
38%
Lake
15%
Ocean
15%
River
8%
Hot Tub
4%
Bath Tub
8%
I like to swim anywhere
8%
I don't swim
4%

Total votes: 26

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Where do you like to swim?

Post by Graces4you »

Where Do you like to swim? Anywhere? Only in pools? Only in Lakes? Which ones are your favorites?
I like swimming a pool or the ocean.
Last edited by Graces4you on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I prefer salt water pools to chlorine, but I'll still swim in chlorine ones if I have to... :- And lakes. I like lakes. But only nice, clean lakes that you have to hike to that not too many people do so it's nice and clean. (well, as clean as a lake can get. ;) )
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I mostly prefer pools, though swimming in other places is okay. :yes:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I LOVE SWIMMING EVERYWHERE!
I love swimming in pools. I like outdoor pools a lot better than indoor ones because I like the sunshine and tanning.
I like lakes, but not dirty gross ones.
I've only been in the ocean once and I got bit by some stupid bug and it hurt really bad. :(
Rivers are okay as long as they are clean.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Oooh, the ocean is fun. \:D/ Smelly but fun.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Hmm...when I'm actually motivated to swim, I go for pool, BIG lake, or clean river. I don't care for the smaller lakes, as those tend to be dirty, but I do enjoy big ones like Lake Huron. I hate the ocean...always seems dirty, I'm paranoid of the poisonous jellyfish, and it's chokingly salty if you accidentally get even a drop in your mouth--and nightmarish if it gets in your eyes.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Lake Huron and Michigan... :inlove: Gorgeous lakes, which feels more like the ocean, actually.

Pools are fun, as well. Every hotel ought to have one. \:D/

Oh, and you forgot HOT TUBS! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

American Eagle wrote:Lake Huron and Michigan... :inlove: Gorgeous lakes, which feels more like the ocean, actually.
Agreed...though not icky and salty!

you don't swim in hot tubs...you sit. or splash. but due to the size and heat, you do not swim. :noway:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Pools for me! \:D/ Clean hotel pools that don't have anyone else in them. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Pools are fun, as well. Every hotel ought to have one. \:D/
you don't swim in hot tubs...you sit. or splash. but due to the size and heat, you do not swim. :noway:
[/quote]
I Beg to differ. People do swim in hot tubs. People like my little sisters that is :). They will stick their heads underwater, but only for a few seconds. Otherwise they swim with their heads above the water:). And they like to use all the bubbles from the water jet thingies to make beards and pretend to be Father Christmas. Due to the request of AE, I have added hot tubs to the poll. You may haave to re vote now though.....
Last edited by Graces4you on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I still disagree. Putting your head under the water and playing with the bubble jet thingies is still not swimming...I've done all that as well, and while it is fun, it is not swimming unless you have space enough to actually...swim. Playing does not = swimming.

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

But the hot tubs that they have swam in is big enough to go swimming in when there arn't very many people in it.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I didn't mean to create a brawl. :anxious:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

American Eagle wrote:I didn't mean to create a brawl. :anxious:
Lol, yes you did! And you caused her to add bathtub!! ACK! :roll: {sighs}

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

American Eagle wrote:Lake Huron and Michigan... :inlove: Gorgeous lakes, which feels more like the ocean, actually.

Yes Michigan is beautiful. Although i've only been to Lake Michigan in memory. Not the rest of them...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Living close to Lake Ontario ruined my definition of lakes... A lot of things people call lakes I don't think are lakes because I can see the other side.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I didn't mean to create a brawl. :anxious:
Lol, yes you did! And you caused her to add bathtub!! ACK! :roll: {sighs}
You both made me laugh as silently as I could! You didn't create a brawl!Or maybe you did :anxious: .Hot tub made me think of bath tub so I put it in. Some bath tubs are big enough to sort of swim in......

Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

well if you count floating as swimming
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Pools are the best for swimming, but lakes, rivers, and oceans are nice too. Though when I'm swimming in the latter three, I'm always paranoid about stepping on something weird or encountering a sea creature of some kind. :shock: Oh and currents freak me out too. Every time I go to the Chattahoochee River I'm always so scared of getting carried away with the current. It's so freakn' deep! But it's fun. And I'm always up for an adventure. :p I want to go tubing next time I'm there. \:D/

As for hot tubs and bath tubs, I agree with those who have said that they are not for swimming. ;) I do enjoy relaxing in them though. Hot tubs are absolutely wonderful.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I like swimming in lakes, rivers, ponds, and the ocean is okay, but I don't really like the currents and the waves. We don't usually go to pools, but our cousins have one, and when we're at their place in the summer pools are definitely fun!