Judgement Day 2011

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Judgement Day 2011

Post by jennifertwt »

So, did anyone listen to The Second Coming today? I did and it struck me funny that Melody was doing calculations very similar to the ones proported by Harold Camping. I also found if funny that the name Harold and "Henry" in the episode sounded so much alilke. Gotta love Odyssey!

So, how did you spend your Saturday, May 21, 2011? I am baking rhubarb strawberry pie ala DGL. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laundry and Reading. I figure if I'm going to leave the planet I might as well go reading a book. I wonder what will happen with the laundry if the world does come to an end though.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Writing thank-you notes for birthday cards. :-

It's been a very relaxing day so far. :)

\:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Clean the girls room, Finish a skirt that I'm making, Hopefully plant the potatoes (with my family of course, not by myself) and I'm planning to call a friend of mine that I haven't spoken to for quite a while later tonight. It has been a nice day so far, aside from the fact that it's raining, with predicted thunderstorms this afternoon. If the predictions are true, we'll be planting the potatoes in the rain.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Playing Wii, Listening to music and just enjoying God's nature outdoors ;) I guess this will be the last day to enjoy it :( (JK)

Also Odyssey related they both fall on Saturday!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Reading. Writing my review for TGRCXI. Crying that Marvin will be raptured in 21 minutes. But I'm happy that I'll be in heaven with him in four hours and twenty minutes.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I passed my driver's permit exam this morning and then later, I'm heading over to my church to drive around the parking lot.
he/him | a little stinker.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Finished a 20 hour drive to Washington D.C. Spending a lot of time with my family. :)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I have that episode... but I think it is back home. o.0 Oh well.

My community had a yard sale, so I've been helping out with that. I've watched Tangled and the Emperor's New Groove. Cleaned stuff, worked on my paper. Honestly, doing normal weekend stuff. I would have gone to church *maybe to find Chris, haha*, but the yard sale occupied me. The sacrifices you make for family. I'm okay with it though.

It is windy a lot. But, we always have weird weather here. lol. A storm might be brewing. Otherwise, no one has "mysteriously" disappeared, if you must know.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:So, did anyone listen to The Second Coming today? I did and it struck me funny that Melody was doing calculations very similar to the ones proported by Harold Camping. I also found if funny that the name Harold and "Henry" in the episode sounded so much alilke. Gotta love Odyssey!

So, how did you spend your Saturday, May 21, 2011? I am baking rhubarb strawberry pie ala DGL. ;-)
I can't say if it was intentional but i believe that the two of them being similar was intentional as harold predicted that the second coming was going to happen in 1994, not that long after the episode aired
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

It's in eight minutes over here. So...yeah. I'm not really all that super excited. We're also getting that the world's going to end in 2012, but I guess the movie was so bad it put people off the idea.

I think that if the world really was going to end, the Spirit inside me would be getting me freaked out and spastic. But...it's not, so I figure that's one way to tell that it won't happen today. (Besides the "coming like a thief in the night" thing.)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:I can't say if it was intentional but i believe that the two of them being similar was intentional as harold predicted that the second coming was going to happen in 1994, not that long after the episode aired
Ah, I missed that one. I remember going through my "Melanie" phase in 1988. When I was in jr high in the late 70´s, the high school youth group was reading The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsay (NO, I am NOT recommending the book). Being the smart kid I thought I was, I got a copy and read it too. Somehow I convinced myself that the end would come in 1988, 40 years after Israel became a nation. I was so distraught my mother called my aunt to come over and talk to me because she had no idea what I was talking about. My aunt was the calm, cool one of the family. I was probably in 8th grade at the time. So, I waited out 1988 with much anxiety and then guess what happened? It turned into 1989. I said "never again." I came to the same conclusion Whit did in The Second Coming, that we are to live our whole lives as it it were today. I also likd Melanie's conclusion of the episode as well.

I listen to this episode alot this time of year as it is on my Passover to Pentecost playlist. :-) It is one of my favorites of the whole series. The Jesus Cloth is excellent as well as The Cross of Cortes and the video The Caves of Qumran.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I spent my "Judgment Day" at the best amusement park in the world - - - Cedar Point!

It was awesome!
:D
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

I went to graduation parties!

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

shadowdog wrote:I spent my "Judgment Day" at the best amusement park in the world - - - Cedar Point!

It was awesome!
LOVE Cedar Point!! \:D/ If it's your last day on earth, that's a good place to spend it!! :lol:
Last edited by SoccerLOTR on Mon May 23, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

shadowdog wrote:I spent my "Judgment Day" at the best amusement park in the world - - - Cedar Point!

It was awesome!
I guess Walt Disney World isn't in your realm of thought? ;-)

Don't be hatin on my park.........

Still here on planet earth btw. Nobody in the Magic Kingdom vanished on Saturday. How do I know? I can smell them all. :-$
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Mon May 23, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I was at HistoryMakers, and enjoying it. We were joking about how funny it would've been if it were true (you know, if Harold Camping wasn't a false prophet already, and didn't contradict Mat 24:36 and the ENTIRE book of Revelation), then we would've been in the stadium with 4000 other Christian teens when we were raptured, leaving a few teens and the security guards behind. How awkward would that've been!?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Well, I think Focus has a great opportunity if they would take it. The next "prediction" is October 21, 2011. I would love to see Focus put out their single promotional CD´s/cassettes with The Second Coming and maybe The Jesus Cloth on them. Now that would be a GREAT witnessing opportunity. It could be this year's Halloween promotion!

fixed double post - aussie aio fan
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden