Episodes that make you cry

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Episodes that make you cry

Post by Trixie Belden »

What are the episodes that bring tears to your eyes EVERY time you listen to them? Here are just a few of mine:

The Time Has Come. This one is so emotional that I'm always half sobbing by the time it's done.
Tornado. This is one of my favorites. Mandy is incredibly sweet in this one. She gives up her prize possession to help the most unlovable family in town.
The Turning Point. 'Nuff said.
The Homecoming. I was listening to this one the other day, and Tom's reaction is always very sad.
The Final Conflict. I was very surprised, but when I listened to this one last weeked, I was crying like a baby. I love how it ends up being Jack of all people who tries to fight the true final conflict: the conflict over Dr. Blackgaard's soul. It makes me heartbroken when he's lost for an eternity without God. It's just so horrible to think about. :cry:

--Rachel-who-must-go-listen-to-Do-or-Diet-to-cheer-herself-up!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Although I've never cried at an episode before, last time I was listening to The Imagination Station, Part 2, and Kelly was trying to escape the IS, and you could hear the sounds of Jesus crying out as he was being whipped and stabbed and beaten, my eyes started to tear up.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I might have cried during The Mortal Coil when I was young. :-k
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I never cry at fictional entertainment. :x It is simply unacceptable! ;) But I did feel like crying when I listened to Clara. Its is such a sweet episode!
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Joanne wrote:I never cry at fictional entertainment. :x It is simply unacceptable! ;) But I did feel like crying when I listened to Clara. Its is such a sweet episode!
Nor do I.

Except Eight Below.

Come to think of it, Eight Below is a true story, right?

Ya, Clara was a sad one too.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I have never cried over a fictitious event. Although being a major newb at the time I could never differentiate between E.K. and Top, so in my mind they were the same user and thought the Town Hall Takeover was real. Other than that embarrassing event not really anything.

Steve

Post by Steve »

I bawled like a baby through A Matter of Manners/The Seven Deadly Dwarves. :cry: :sniff:

That one is sooo sad! :( LOL. :lol:
he/him | a little stinker.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

How did I know that someone would mention that episode? Hmm, I guess I'm going psychic.

Cool!
Last edited by Trixie Belden on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Forever Amen...

it makes me sad but don't know if I actually cry about it.

It Is Well is also very emotional... :(

\:D/
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

31899 wrote: Although being a major newb at the time I could never differentiate between E.K. and Top, so in my mind they were the same user and thought the Town Hall Takeover was real. Other than that embarrassing event not really anything.

Huh? What does that have to do with crying over a AIO episode? I have never cried over an AIO ep.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
Steve

Post by Steve »

Trixie Belden wrote:How did I know that someone would mention that episode? Hmm, I guess I'm going psychic.

Cool!
No, I read your mind and knew you'd think of it so I decided to scare you. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Gone... is the only one I can remember crying over. Bernard and Eugene return from the road trip to find out about Whit's departure. It messed with my mind. :sniff:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I cry at a lot of media. It's sort of intentional; I want and allow myself to be in a characters shoes, or in the fictional world, and I open myself up to feeling as if I were there. I get a lot more out of an episode of Odyssey when I'm emotionally linked to the characters, so episodes like Greater Love stand out for me.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

The One where Mandy's Parents were separated. :sniff:

Post by 31899 »

Mark Prescott wrote:
31899 wrote: Although being a major newb at the time I could never differentiate between E.K. and Top, so in my mind they were the same user and thought the Town Hall Takeover was real. Other than that embarrassing event not really anything.

Huh? What does that have to do with crying over a AIO episode? I have never cried over an AIO ep.
It was the closest I ever got to crying over AIO, but your right so it's not really related.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

There are a number of sad episodes...
Home is Where the Hurt is.
Home Sweet Home (feel so bad for Connie)
Clara
Karen & The Very Best of Friends
Room Enough for Two (sorta)
And yeah, The Turning Point was kinda sad too.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Karen. Always made me cry growing up.

Not really cry, but Jack telling Connie about Emily always makes me emotional. ( A Question About Tasha)

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Karen
Clara
The Very Best of Friends
The Mortal Coil I & II
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Well, I'm not the sensitive type so I don't cry easily. However one that made me pretty sad was the "The Good, the Bad, & Butch". Kinda brings back memories of a friend relationship I had.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

ric wrote:
Joanne wrote:I never cry at fictional entertainment. :x It is simply unacceptable! ;) But I did feel like crying when I listened to Clara. Its is such a sweet episode!
Nor do I.

Except Eight Below.

Come to think of it, Eight Below is a true story, right?

Ya, Clara was a sad one too.
I never cried at Eight Below. :x

Let's see...Clara makes me kind of cry, and Greater Love. Other than that, I may get kind of teary at quite a few.

Now I've ashamed myself.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer