Which old Character would you like to bring back to AIO?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which old Character would you like to bring back to AIO?

Jason Whittalker
21%
Bernard Walton
72%
Tom Riley
No votes
Jack Allen
7%
Others (post comment below)
No votes

Total votes: 29

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I am guessing one in Album 53 (just guessing)
Last edited by Parker Family on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

The Top Crusader wrote:It'd be great if they could get Dave Madden to come back for just a few episodes so he could... retire and move to Florida or something. Not just vanish entirely. Eugene could ride with him on the moving truck on the way down. >_>
That's a great idea.

Having a character depart is much easier to deal with, and much less frustrating, when we are given a reason within the show for why we won't be hearing from them in the future.

If the Barclays had just disappeared without any explanation, fans would have so much more frustrated. The way provided a "goodbye" episode was perfect; we get to enjoy imagining they're in Pokenberry Falls doing what they've always been doing.

Bernard is a big enough character to warrant a "goodbye" episode, in my opinion. A trip to Florida with Eugene would be an ideal way to say goodbye.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, now maybe Dave Madden wants nothing to do with it, and thats up to him... but I think a final ROAD TRIP type thing would be a great way to write him out. And hey if Madden decides he wants to do a few more he can just come back to visit Odyssey from time to time since he obviously has lots of ties there.

Like you said, its just frustrating when people... just disappear. Let him retire and move away. :protest: Then we know where he is at and he doesn't have to die on us! :x
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Parker Family wrote:I guessing one in Album 53 (just guessing)
I can't tell you if your right or wrong because it is Classified information. :noway:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

AIO Psyche wrote:
31899 wrote:As far as I knew only one of those options had been written off. :-s

Who?
Jason has been written off, which is a good thing because I really don't like Jason very much.

Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:
31899 wrote:As far as I knew only one of those options had been written off. :-s

Who?
Jason has been written off, which is a good thing because I really don't like Jason very much.

Whoa, wait! When was it announced that Jason had been written off? I actually thought he was the most likely character on the list to come back. For awhile I sort of had my hopes up that he would be in album 53, but hearing about Monty in part one makes me assume that Jason won't be coming back in 53? Still, I thought he might come back later or something. This is very sad news. Jason isn't even in my top ten favorite characters list or anything, but I just want some of our old characters back.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:

Who?

Whoa, wait! When was it announced that Jason had been written off? I actually thought he was the most likely character on the list to come back. For awhile I sort of had my hopes up that he would be in album 53, but hearing about Monty in part one makes me assume that Jason won't be coming back in 53? Still, I thought he might come back later or something. This is very sad news. Jason isn't even in my top ten favorite characters list or anything, but I just want some of our old characters back.
SPOILERS!!! PEOPLE PLEASE STOP PUTTING OUT SPOILERS FOR AIO 53!!!

Remember that whole thing in AIO 50 where Jason "died?"

Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

31899 wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:

Who?

Yeah, but I thought that in a podcast sometime after that, when people were asking if this was "the end of Jason" the writers said he'd probably be reappearing and that they already had some ideas of how he could make his return.
I can't verify that, but I'm almost sure I heard it somewhere, though it was pre-hiatus, so they very well could have dropped his character the way they've dropped many other characters. Still, I didn't think he had been written off for sure.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:

Who?

Yeah, but I thought that in a podcast sometime after that, when people were asking if this was "the end of Jason" the writers said he'd probably be reappearing and that they already had some ideas of how he could make his return.
I can't verify that, but I'm almost sure I heard it somewhere, though it was pre-hiatus, so they very well could have dropped his character the way they've dropped many other characters. Still, I didn't think he had been written off for sure.
Just to verify: Jason didn't "die" to the people of Odyssey. The only people who think he's dead are the agency, and the whisperer, and possibly other enemies. So I wouldn't say that's a write-off. And Gasp! 31899, you don't like Jason! :mad: Image
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Jason Whits son wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:

Who?

Just to verify: Jason didn't "die" to the people of Odyssey. The only people who think he's dead are the agency, and the whisperer, and possibly other enemies. So I wouldn't say that's a write-off. And Gasp! 31899, you don't like Jason! :mad: Image
Jason Rocks! How can you NOT LIKE Jason 31899? You don't like anything :noway:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Jason Whits son wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:

Who?

Um, Jason is dead to the people of Odyssey. The only people who knew that he was alive by the end of "Accidental Dilemma" were Jason, Whit, and Connie.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

She isn't really an *old* character, but I wouldn't mind having Mandy Straussberg back around.

Maybe replace Connie, since she's been getting on my nerves for the past few years.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Bob wrote:She isn't really an *old* character, but I wouldn't mind having Mandy Straussberg back around.

Maybe replace Connie, since she's been getting on my nerves for the past few years.
{shakes head} Connie is an integral part of the show...irreplacable. I wouldn't mind having Mandy back around though, she was a good character.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

jason isnt a super spy.. he reminds me of someone from get smart...

mandy is more annoying then nelson. IMO.

have aubrey shepard come back.. (wishful thinking????)
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Cbriggs45 wrote:jason isnt a super spy.. he reminds me of someone from get smart...

mandy is more annoying then nelson. IMO.

have aubrey shepard come back.. (wishful thinking????)
Don't be silly! "Wishful Thinking" was Donna! Haha, sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Cbriggs45 wrote:jason isnt a super spy.. he reminds me of someone from get smart...
Who? :-s
jellyfishh
Lurker

Post by jellyfishh »

Bennett wrote: Nick Mulligan. :pray: Way to totally drop an entire storyline and character from the show for no reason, Odyssey!
here, here! i cannot believe they did that! we need Nick back!! :yes:

and i voted Jason... because we can't live without Jason either! but yes, definitely Bernard as well. \:D/ haha
Last edited by jellyfishh on Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smile =)