Poll: Should Eugene and Katrina have kids?

what do you think?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should Eugene and Katrina have kids?

Yes.
53%
No way!
15%
Maybe a little further down the road.
32%

Total votes: 34

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wow, this topic has gotten a lot more awesome since I was in here last. \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

31899 wrote:Sorry AE but some day there will be another death episode and guess who's death it will be about?

Seriously. I'm waiting for Whit to die. You know what the problem is. Whit has to be played by an old person. And the person dies after like....10 years. So, eventually, they'll get tired of replacing Whit so often, and just discontinue the character. \:D/
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

While on this topic, what happened to the old Whit? Cause I never knew. :(

And the new guy sucks. :(
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Shadowfax wrote:While on this topic, what happened to the old Whit? Cause I never knew. :(

Paul Herlinger(spelling) died :( and they got someone to replace him. Although if you do listen to the season 2 ceiling fan podcast theme, those are all Andre Stoikhisface and they seem to have captured all his good moments in 30 seconds or less \:D/ I think I'm getting more use to him now though as his performance becomes more Whit like :yes:

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

31899 wrote:
Shadowfax wrote:While on this topic, what happened to the old Whit? Cause I never knew. :(

Paul Herlinger(spelling) died :( and they got someone to replace him. Although if you do listen to the season 2 ceiling fan podcast theme, those are all Andre Stoikhisface and they seem to have captured all his good moments in 30 seconds or less \:D/ I think I'm getting more use to him now though as his performance becomes more Whit like :yes:

Feel free to continue this discussion in my thread, after voting of course.
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

I think the new whit is perfect for this time frame. his voice is more quavery. It also seems as though he is not quite as fast mentally as he once was. there was scene it this past Saturdays episode that really exposed this particular aspect of his aging
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

LizzieG wrote:This episode ["For the Birds"] is perhaps the best example of a problem I've had with Eugene's character in recent years. He seems more like a caricature of his former self. My theory is that it's easier for Connie to remain "fresh" and three-dimensional because she's more of a transparent, outgoing and emotional person. But isn't there a way to make Eugene a bit more real in regular episodes? When Eugene first came on the show, he did sound very much like a computer. However, as time went on, he became a three-dimensional character: We saw him wrestle with spiritual, emotional and relational issues ways that were true to his very-intellectual self. Since his conversion to Christianity, however (and especially since his return in album 44), he has lost a lot of that dimension. Yes, there are still episodes where we see more of Eugene than his brainiac side (the arc with his father, for example), and, yes, he has matured in a lot of ways so that those old issues aren't really issues anymore. But there's still something missing. There must be something that can be done to revitalize his character that neither ignores his growth nor treats him as just a walking encyclopedia/comic relief/all-knowing imparter of wisdom. Katrina being a semi-regular character (and mentioned more regularly) would help; it's strange that she's more minor of a character than she ever was before they got married.

Eugene's my favorite character and I feel like I don't really "know" him anymore, so I hope he gets a bit more attention in the future.
^ My assessment of Eugene, as written in one of the episode review threads last season.

I'm not opposed to Eugene and Katrina having kids at some point, but I think Eugene is much less of a three-dimensional character (particularly in regular slice-of-life episodes) than he used to be. So I think his character needs some attention before another Eugene-centric story arc is thrust upon him. I don't want Eugene to only be a three-dimensional character during big story arcs.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

The Top Crusader wrote:Wow, this topic has gotten a lot more awesome since I was in here last. \:D/
well, thanks, top! I've never created an active topic before. *does victory dance* but I somehow think we're getting a little bit :offtopic: but hey, its interesting anyway!

\:D/