What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:Me and Liz are reading Pride and Prejudice-out loud. It's been really fun so far.

Oh, and speaking of books, I put Fang on hold at the library like 3 months ago, and they just NOW sent me a notification that it's available and on hold.

But *sigh* I already know the spoilers. And besides, I'm trying to be more careful of what I watch and read....so I don't think I'll actually read it.
You won't really miss all that much, and you'll be a lot less disturbed than several thousand other fangirls.. :-
Yanny wrote:Hardy Boys The clue of the broken blade
*seal of approval*
alma_b
Gold Member

Post by alma_b »

From E To You .
do you . ? do you really . ? why . ?
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Shennifer wrote:Me and Liz are reading Pride and Prejudice-out loud. It's been really fun so far.

Oh, and speaking of books, I put Fang on hold at the library like 3 months ago, and they just NOW sent me a notification that it's available and on hold.

But *sigh* I already know the spoilers. And besides, I'm trying to be more careful of what I watch and read....so I don't think I'll actually read it.
You won't really miss all that much, and you'll be a lot less disturbed than several thousand other fangirls.. :-
Yanny wrote:Hardy Boys The clue of the broken blade
*seal of approval*
Yeah its pretty good so far.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Invisible Ninja wrote:

actually, I'm reading it now. It's...okay. Not a fan of teens making out, but at least there's an actual story going on too. And I do like these books for the most part.

Till the end of the line.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

While at the California former prison island Alcatraz last week, Jolene Babyak, an author and associate warden's daughter, was signing books, and we got one. I just finished Breaking the Rock, her story of how several prisoners broke out of the maximum security prison. Though sometimes wrought with more biographical details than I cared for, it was overall a fascinating read! Prisoners drilled through the porous concrete, constructed a raft, paddle, and life jackets, and used decoy heads to gain more time. The audio walking on the island was also fantastic. I actually thought of Odyssey since, in addition to narration, some incidents were dramatized.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Seeker by Ann H. Gabhart. I loved the first one and this is the third book in the series/trilogy. I skipped the second one because this one takes place in 1861 which is a time period that interests me because of my interest in Abraham Lincoln. It is very good so far. I never read a series out of order, but I can get away with it on this one because the characters are new and there are no carry over characters from the previous books.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:

actually, I'm reading it now. It's...okay. Not a fan of teens making out, but at least there's an actual story going on too. And I do like these books for the most part.
What story? :-k
Taq wrote:While at the California former prison island Alcatraz last week, Jolene Babyak, an author and associate warden's daughter, was signing books, and we got one. I just finished Breaking the Rock, her story of how several prisoners broke out of the maximum security prison. Though sometimes wrought with more biographical details than I cared for, it was overall a fascinating read! Prisoners drilled through the porous concrete, constructed a raft, paddle, and life jackets, and used decoy heads to gain more time. The audio walking on the island was also fantastic. I actually thought of Odyssey since, in addition to narration, some incidents were dramatized.
Wow that sounds cool, I should look it up. :-k

I started Pride and Prejudice and Zombies a little while ago, so we'll see how soon I finish it. :-
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:

What story? :-k
Well, I thought there was a story going on, and I liked it. If it had just been drama I wouldn't have liked it as much. Oh, and it was sad, but I'm glad
Fang didn't actually die. *whew*
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:What story? :-k
Well, I thought there was a story going on, and I liked it. If it had just been drama I wouldn't have liked it as much. Oh, and it was sad, but I'm glad
Fang didn't actually die. *whew*
Wait, so do you like it or not? :-k

Spoiler alert! Delete immediately before fangirls get hurt! Spoiler alert! Delete immediately before fangirls get hurt! \:D/

(A spoof on Weird Al's spoof.)
Last edited by Fang-wa on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I put the spoiler alert in. Oh, and Fang, I did like it a lot :D

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:I put the spoiler alert in. Oh, and Fang, I did like it a lot :D
You..liked it? You're like, just about the only one who's read it that's..liked it. :huh:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

oh. Well, thanks, I guess. did you like it? do you think it's weird that I like it? ;)

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Shennifer wrote:oh. Well, thanks, I guess. did you like it? do you think it's weird that I like it? ;)
Not really, I was disturbed by all the romance and sad events that led to..the end. :( Slightly, but that's just because I don't really understand why you do. ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

ah. Well, like I said, not really a fan of teens making out, or of drama....but I did think it was sweet, and the story was exciting. Angel is....disturbing. Don't think I like her much anymore...But it was a great book, all things considered.

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

You may want to get to like her, as the book coming out next year is named after her. :-
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

EMBEE wrote:I'm still working my way through The Fellowship of the Ring.

ah those are great books. i've read them all.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

The cam jansen seris
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Taq wrote:While at the California former prison island Alcatraz last week, Jolene Babyak, an author and associate warden's daughter, was signing books, and we got one. I just finished Breaking the Rock, her story of how several prisoners broke out of the maximum security prison. Though sometimes wrought with more biographical details than I cared for, it was overall a fascinating read! Prisoners drilled through the porous concrete, constructed a raft, paddle, and life jackets, and used decoy heads to gain more time. The audio walking on the island was also fantastic. I actually thought of Odyssey since, in addition to narration, some incidents were dramatized.
Yeah, it was cool. I forgot to mention one glaring negative, though: some profanities.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Taq wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Yeah, it was cool. I forgot to mention one glaring negative, though: some profanities.
Can you define "some" (generally)?
Last edited by Fang-wa on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I am reading several "Dear America" diaries. So inspiring!! :D
*insert provocative quote here*