My almost complete collection... PLEASE HELP ME!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

In that case, it would be great is somone would post the direct links.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

For those of you living in Canada, Christmas Around The World is still in stock. It seems like these unreleased episode CDs are being discontinued, so who knows how long they'll still be around. It's also possible that this means another "Lost Episodes" release is just around the corner.

Meanwhile, this weekend appears to have marked the end of Odysseyfan mp3s.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

That's a shame. At least we could listen to the episodes there. I emailed Focus directly to see what they say. I can't remember if I said I was in Sweden or not. I hope they release another Lost Album soon, it would be a shame if these episodes were gone forever. :-( I checked YouTube and a few other sites, no luck.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Maybe we will be getting the dusty episodes mentioned in the official guide.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

That would be nice. It would also be nice if they would be them in iTunes at least so that dedicated fans could have them if they so desired. Odyssey usually does such a good job of recognizing fan concerns.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Exactly. I can see them not wanting to pay the overhead costs of distributing another lost episode album, because while it appeals to us as collectors/completionists, most of the episodes... are lost for a reason and not the greatest. ;) Although a few are decent. I'm assuming since they already have an Itunes store it'd cost them next to nothing just to have them uploaded there.

ANYWAY, I think this is the cassette everyone is looking for! Available on ebay NOW!!! \:D/

Odyssey USA
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

jennifertwt wrote:Odyssey usually does such a good job of recognizing fan concerns.
Don't forget that these episodes are unreleased, because of fan concerns in the first place. That's the problem.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Don't forget that these episodes are unreleased, because of fan concerns in the first place. That's the problem.
Yes, but if they were on iTunes, those who want them could pay and download and the rest could just ignore them. Focus could include the fact that there were fan objections in the description. I assum, I do not use iTunes so far, but would if I knew I could get Odyssey USA, FAmily Portraits and the other 'missing' episodes. I can see Focus not wanting to pay for cover art, production, etc, for what would have a very small, but dedicated audience. However, I do feel that this dedicated audience deserves recognition.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

The Top Crusader wrote:ANYWAY, I think this is the cassette everyone is looking for! Available on ebay NOW!!! \:D/

Odyssey USA
You stink! :tongue2:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

At the time I found the links to Odysseyfan, I honored the site owners request to not download. Now I wish I had not been so 'honorable'. It never occurred to me that they would be removed. It's a sad day.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, it was sort of like the illegal ROM sites that just say "Yeah we are just storing these here... don't download them or anything. But yeah, here are the links for you to not download them." >_>
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Actually, darcie, you might have Harley Takes the Case I&II since, according to aio wiki, Dave was in it. (not as Jimmy) The other two, I'm guessing not because they were never in an album and thus never produced as cassettes and thus wouldn't be on the opposite side of any Barclay episodes. But, I could be mistaken.
darcie wrote:Didn't all Odyssey Fan's episodes get removed? I think I recall that this was done with the possibility that they some day be released in a "Dustier Episodes" (not by any means an official title ) compilation? Perhaps there is hope for some of the other rarities!
They did all get removed but, I'm not sure as to the reason. As much as I would love another lost episodes album, I highly doubt it will be happening in the near future. :(
I finally got to hear "Harley Takes the Case" the other night and I thought that kid sounded a lot like Jimmy! Was that really Dave in that episode? Well, I'll be! Anyway, I really enjoyed that episode and it actually made me kind of miss Officer Harley as a character. Even though they would never do it, I would love to see him come back to Odyssey so we can find out what he's been up to for all these years! Seriously, the character was definitely maturing as the series went on and I think a 2010 Harley wouldn't be offensive in the least. Oh well, it'll never happen so I don't know why I'm even bringing it up :-)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I finally remembered to look for it. :D I have two cassettes! Each has both episodes. \:D/
HarleyI_II.JPG
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

darcie wrote:I finally remembered to look for it. :D I have two cassettes! Each has both episodes. \:D/
HarleyI_II.JPG
Oh my gosh... I never thought I'd actually see what that tape looked like... let alone 2 copies! Holy cow! That is one of the most sought after pieces of Odyssey memorabilia in existance— and not to mention one heck of an ebay auction to boot! Anyway, great episode. Thanks for sharing your amazing find with us!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Woah, darcie! That's great! They even look to be in very good condition. :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

What other gems do you have darcie? Perhaps a picture of Dave and Hal.............
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I wish I had Harley takes the case. :(

-- Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm --

I wish I was born in the 80s
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm glad I was born in the 80's... except now I'm old. >_>
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

BURN DARCIE! :protest:
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

now, now... :shame: there's no need to get the pitchforks out yet! LOL, but seriously it does seem kind of unfair that one person has two of, what is arguably, the most rare (and probably most valuable) piece of idol memorabilia!! :x What I wouldn't give to find that cassette in a yard sale!! \:D/ Hey Darcie, you're not planning on having a yard sale anytime soon, are you? :-)