Do you like Skyline Chili?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you like Skyline chili?

LOVE IT!
18%
It's okay.
9%
Hate it!
No votes
Never had it.
9%
What is Skyline chili?
64%

Total votes: 11

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Do you like Skyline Chili?

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Have you had Skyline Chili if so do you like it?

I've been to the original restaurant and the chain. The both are excellent but the original one is the best. The give you a LOT of chili and cheese.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I like that they pile on the cheese. But the thing that definitely clinches it for me as one of my most loved locations is the hot sauce at the tables. If it wasn't for that I probably would never go really...

As it is, I rarely go because its on the opposite side of town, and while its not insanely expensive, its not dirt cheap either, so meh. ;) A buddy of mine both were going to college out on that end of town and we went pretty often back then.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Haha, I was just listening to some people talk about it on friday. It's a couple guys on a talk show who go to restaurants and rate them, etc, and they happened to go to Skyline that day.. Never had it myself.
...I hate marquees.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I had Cincinnati chili for the first time a couple months ago. I don't know if it was from Skyline or somewhere else, but it tasted great! :yum:
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

If it was in Cincinnati then it was probably Skyline chili because that is were it started. Image
Now doesn't that look delicious!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ooh... that does look good! I've never been there, but now I would like to! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Wow, that amount of cheese is ridiculous, looks like it would about give ya a heart attack. ;)

But I so want to eat it. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've never heard of Skyline Chili, but I doubt I'd like it, because I don't care for chili. :- Now, that cheese looks really good...I could eat just that and leave off the chili itself. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.