Album 52 Art!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Album 52 Art!

Post by Irwin »

[removed to prevent confusion]

What's with the Blackgaard art? :mad:
Last edited by Irwin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Blackgaard art? what do you mean by that? I don't get it ;)

Till the end of the line.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

yeah, blackgaard and album 25 is the first thing i thought of when I was it, hopefully there's kind of DBD type story arc for it, but I kind of doubt it
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

That can't be the final art. It's just Darkness Before Dawn, minus Blackgaard, and add that only picture of Matthew Parker that we have seen so far flipped backwards. If it's the final art, I'd have to wonder if Gary Locke left, though sort of doubting that. It's a funny though if one of us made it. Well done.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

52 = 25 backwards :-k
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Dallas R. wrote:That can't be the final art. It's just Darkness Before Dawn, minus Blackgaard, and add that only picture of Matthew Parker that we have seen so far flipped backwards. If it's the final art, I'd have to wonder if Gary Locke left, though sort of doubting that. It's a funny though if one of us made it. Well done.
just going by the picture i wouldn't be surprised if it was made by a fan, but it's on the CBD website so I think it might be true.
Reddo
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

That is definitely not the final cover art.

But it may be giving us some clues about what's to come in the album...
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Somehow, I seriously doubt that's the final artwork. If we hadn't seen both of those pictures before, I'd say maybe, but that's just a rehash of a picture of Matthew Parker and the cover of DBD.

But maybe this means that Richard's coming back! :anxious:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I don't think it is the final art either. With all of the changes that AIO has under gone, why would they bring back old cover art? It also is not likely that old characters are coming back. Look at what happened to Katrina, there has been no mention made of her or the fact that she and Eugene are married. My guess is that the art work will be different by the time we see Album 52 in the stores.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

the cover's been removed from CBD now.

It doesn't really make sense for me for them to make a fake cover like that and go through the trouble of getting it on the official website. The preliminary cover for album 51 was just an existing picture that we had already seen with the title written over top of it, also if it's just a place holder image or something why did they remove it?

On the flip side it doesn't seem as if they spent a whole lot of time making it, so who knows what's up
Reddo
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Somehow, I have a feeling that isn't final. Blackgaard's back? Or is it a fake?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Boswell wrote:52 = 25 backwards :-k
May be Album 52 will be the same as Album 25, just with all of Blackgaard's lines re-recorded with Matthew Parker's! \:D/
Last edited by Irwin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Reddo wrote:if it's just a place holder image or something why did they remove it?
They likely removed it because, even more than a week after it was first leaked, the title of the album still hasn't been "officially" announced. The cover had the title on it, which, for some reason, Focus doesn't want people to see (even though everyone who cares about Odyssey the most already knows what it is).

I also wonder if, while it's obviously temp art, the final cover won't also feature Matthew at the top of the clock tower. We know that a mystery surrounding the tower is part of the album, and you can see a bit of the tower in the bottom right corner of the art. That may be why they chose to use it.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

update, that is only filler art, was never intended to be seen by the public
Reddo
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

We should all know by now how secretive Focus is and that we are not going to see the actual art until the album is ready for release. After one leak Focus is going to make sure that the final art stays under wraps until the album hits the stores and the web.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I got this in my email today from Brock!

Everyone,

Please feel free to call in today. I will be answering questions about all the confusion on album #52 as well as take other pressing questions. If you are planning on attending please send me back an email. As we go through the phone call with this many people, I will do a round of question answering by calling out your name to see if you have any questions that need to be answered or that I can answer. The call will begin at:
4:30 pm est.
3:30 pm cst.
2:30 pm mst.
1:30 pm pst.

ALL PARTICIPANTS DIAL:
[removed]
Please wait to enter the meeting. Music will play until the Focus moderator starts the meeting.

Interesting....
Last edited by Marvin D. on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Marvin, you should hide the phone numbers, not everyone is invited, only the ones who got the email
Reddo
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Marvin D. wrote:I got this in my email today from Brock!

Everyone,

Please feel free to call in today. I will be answering questions about all the confusion on album #52 as well as take other pressing questions. If you are planning on attending please send me back an email. As we go through the phone call with this many people, I will do a round of question answering by calling out your name to see if you have any questions that need to be answered or that I can answer. The call will begin at:
4:30 pm est.
3:30 pm cst.
2:30 pm mst.
1:30 pm pst.

ALL PARTICIPANTS DIAL:
[removed]
Please wait to enter the meeting. Music will play until the Focus moderator starts the meeting.

Interesting....
Interesting indeed. I am curious as to just how much information Brock is going to be able to give out. He'll most likely have a superior standing near by ready to silence him I'm guessing.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Laurie you should edit your post to remove the meeting details so unwanted people don't show up
Reddo
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:Laurie you should edit your post to remove the meeting details so unwanted people don't show up
I'm not editing anything. :noway: Marvin D. posted the details not me, I just quoted him. I would imagine that everyone who is supposed to know about the meeting knows about it and editing my post is going to change who shows up and who doesn't.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.