New Adventures in Odyssey Podcast with Free Episodes?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

New Adventures in Odyssey Podcast with Free Episodes?

Post by Agent3xq »

I was looking through iTunes and stumbled upon a podcast called The Latest Adventures in Odyssey Episodes which has about 7 free episodes including The Highest Stakes Part 1, Poetry in Slow Motion, Victim of Circumstance, and a few others. Is this new podcast release with free episodes that they are doing?
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

:!!!: :!!!: ooooooooooooooooo

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It would be fabulous if they would offer the unreleased episodes. Just like the Official Podcast the episodes offered are available on the albums. It's great for people who cannot afford the albums, but for some (like me) who can and would like to hear/have the unreleased episodes, it's nothing new or exciting.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Wow, great find Agent3xq! \:D/ I've already downloaded all seven episodes, which are free, and it looks like more shows will be added throughout the week. Free episodes with nice sound quality - I certainly won't argue with that. ;-)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I did some checking and this podcast is not affiliated with Focus on the Family.

If people want to record the episodes for themselves, that's fine - but distributing shows through iTunes is breaking copyright regulations. :anxious:
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

It looks like the days of this podcast may be numbered if that's the case. I wish AIO would get the hint that listeners, like me, are willing to pay for individual shows if they have respectable sound quality. If there are near CD quality sounding episodes like these available on iTunes, I'm sure Focus on the Family could do the same.
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I know the episodes aren't anything exclusive or unreleased, but I'm sure there are many who don't have these episodes that will enjoy them. If I'm not mistaken another podcast did this similarly and had Very Best of Friends, Operation DigOut, and Rescue from Manatugo Point up for free and then was taken down later so I'm assuming this is something of that nature. Also their podcast logo made it look like it was in connection with the official podcast but as Trent stated, it is not. I guess we'll see how long it continues for...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh, I'm sure many people will enjoy them. They're the daily and weekly broadcasts which are also available at the Official Site. :anxious:

But you're right - whoever was responsible for putting up this podcast certainly did a good job mimicking the style of the official podcast logo!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Who was it that first tried doing this and then it was taken down I can't remember, was it OnePlace or someone else? And to anyone who has downloaded an episode from the podcast, is the quality good?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Agent3xq wrote:And to anyone who has downloaded an episode from the podcast, is the quality good?
96 kbps - I think it's the same quality as the episodes available on the official site.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

iTunes took down all it's copyrights, didn't it???? I'm sooo lost again....

Interesting. Oh well. I own a lot of Odyssey anyway.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:iTunes took down all it's copyrights, didn't it???? I'm sooo lost again....

Interesting. Oh well. I own a lot of Odyssey anyway.
that would be drm that they removed
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Trinarius wrote:It looks like the days of this podcast may be numbered if that's the case. I wish AIO would get the hint that listeners, like me, are willing to pay for individual shows if they have respectable sound quality. If there are near CD quality sounding episodes like these available on iTunes, I'm sure Focus on the Family could do the same.
You mean like this? ;)

Jeremy
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jeremy wrote:
Trinarius wrote:It looks like the days of this podcast may be numbered if that's the case. I wish AIO would get the hint that listeners, like me, are willing to pay for individual shows if they have respectable sound quality. If there are near CD quality sounding episodes like these available on iTunes, I'm sure Focus on the Family could do the same.
You mean like this? ;)
Last I checked, 30 kbps did not qualify as "respectable sound quality." O:)