Odyssey at church

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Odyssey at church

Post by King Butter Turtle »

While listening to sermons, I can't help but think of what Whit would say or better yet what Whit did say. What epiodes could have been referenced in your church today? (or yesterday, DAM and JED)

Sermon

...And When You Pray
Love is in the Air

Sunday School

What are we gonna do about Halloween?

How about you?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

What a cool idea!

I can't think of anything for the last couple of weeks, but my pastor's sermon on Sep. 28 goes with "One Bad Apple".
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

B-TV We talked about Mephibosheth today.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Haha, I can't really think of anything! :D

But you can put me on the "yesterday" list, though.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I mentioned this in another thread, but we talked about Mary and Martha a couple weeks ago. \:D/
JesusFreak777 wrote:B-TV We talked about Mephibosheth today.
Who? :-s
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

SivartM wrote:But you can put me on the "yesterday" list, though.
Really? I didn't know that.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
SivartM wrote:But you can put me on the "yesterday" list, though.
Really? I didn't know that.
Indeed.

Back to the topic, though, if there was an AIO episode based on 2 Kings 1-3, that would definitely apply! \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Today, my pastor used the verse, "knock and the door will be open to you..." and I couldn't help but imaging Connie walk in. :lol: "CAN'T YOU SEE THE RECORDING LIGHT?"
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Are pastor was talking about what Halloween was suppose to be which reminded me of "What are we gonna do about Halloween?".
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I didn't go to Sabbath school, sadly.. shhh... Alisha just wanted to go to church, forcefully, mind you... I wanted to go!

Brian talked about um... practical ways to have a relationship with Christ. Unfortunately, my mind is blank with Odyssey episodes... anyone want to give me a few?
Here's some points that Brian hit this past week (and Sabbath): Be still and silent and just listen; read God's word (the Bible); prayer (conversations with God); and worship (meaning: everything you do is worship to God).

I could think of a few prayer episodes... but on Sabbath it was mostly worship. I'm still drawing a blank...
I had a blast this week though... I'm still on fire, it's weird! Oh, and this week at school was Week of Prayer. I can't wait for the next week of prayer.. I wish we had it every week!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

"The Very Best of Friends"

My pastor preached from 2 Samuel 18:33-19:8 about grief. In that passage, King David was grieving for his dead son Absalom.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I mentioned this in another thread, but we talked about Mary and Martha a couple weeks ago. \:D/
serious question or no?

Mephibosheth was Jonathan's son/Saul's Grandson who David brought into his home, and was mentioned on one of the B-TV episodes
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Mephibosheth was Jonathan's son/Saul's Grandson who David brought into his home, and was mentioned on one of the B-TV episodes
Oh! \:D/

...and yes, you totally missed the joke. :slapfish:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Trent DeWhite wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

You're referring to when he's the answer to a trivia question in some spoofed game show and the opponent says, "who?", right?
DAM wrote:Sabbath school
Haha, is that what you call it? I guess you can't call it Saturday scool 'cause that's a detention. :lol: Please don't take that as a discriminatory against 7th day adventists. I'm not trying to start a theological debate, I just found it interesting.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

did not! :noway:

JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I would say Count it All Joy, that episode about God's names, and the episode where Mandy has a really bad day.

Sorry can't remember all the time but in Sabbath School we went over why bad things happen to good people and the names of God.

The Sermon was prophesy and I highly doubt AIO has any episodes based on Adventist Scripture. :D
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

"The Day After Christmas" in that the pastor's sermon was about reaching out to the poor. O:)
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

A Touch of Healing--the sermon was about our citizenship in heaven and that one is about Connie's grandmother dying and knowing where she's going.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

My pastor has been doing a series in John and yesterday we were in John 11:1-44. Of course I thought of "An Adventure in Bethany". Of course being in John reminds me of the part from "It's a Wrap" where Sam is interviewing Whit about what he is reading in his Bible.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Some people who went on a mission's trip talked about their experiences, bringing to mind "A Mission for Jimmy."