THE SCARIEST Episode/s ?

I used to have a episode that I was totally scared of when I was little. How about you?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

The Odyssey ep that has scared me the most is the Pearl Harbour one. I listened to it as a child and it freaked me out and I still hate it.
Another one that scared me as a child is the one where Jimmy goes through puberty and his voice starts to change. I didn't realize that only boys voices changed, so I thought my voice was going to change.
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

The Secret room really scared me when i was little.
There was also one with a little girl who was afraid of everything. I cant think of the name of the show though. I know there was a boy who tried to scare her by taking her into the basement while whit was away, and the boys name was Jake (cuz thats my brothers name, ill never forget)Anyways, the scene when they are in the basement kind of scared me because there is a really weird machine that laughs, and I am...i mean was...afraid of basements myself. But it had a good ending because Jake was put on restriction and the girl sang to herself and recited bible verses to calm herself down about being in the dark.

Anywho, the last half of the shows in Darkness before Dawn are pretty creepy too, and any other one where Dr. Blaagaurd does that evil laugh.

The cross of Cortez scared me when i was little too, but I cant really remember why. I dont think I liked any episode that involved any dark tunnels or caves, which would include quite a few now that I think about it.

Thats a lot of eps to be scared by. But then again, I never even liked watching disney movies because the Villians scared me so much. 8-[
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

The one when they find the bones in whits end basement
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

The case of the secret room and Bad luck. Bad luck isn't very scary but when I Listened I remember being very afraid. Not of having Bad luck but just something about I disliked a lot.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

As a fan who didn't start listening til I was 14, I can't say I was often scared. But two do ring out. The Mysterious Stranger, especially Part 2.

Castles and Cauldrons was also mentioned. I still remember where I was, sitting in the back left seat of our Astro van driving on a South Dakota highway. That ep never fails to send shivers up and down my spine.

-Jonathan
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I didn't hear the Mortal Coil in it's entirety for the longest time, because I had horrible nightmares of anything scary for the longest time during my childhood. I wasn't a very big fan of AIO then either, and didn't know about any other scary episodes. Poor me. Now I know, and love the somewhat chilling horror of a good morally-challenging AIO ep. God rules! Peace out.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Jonathan wrote:Castles and Cauldrons was also mentioned. I still remember where I was, sitting in the back left seat of our Astro van driving on a South Dakota highway. That ep never fails to send shivers up and down my spine.

-Jonathan
I forgot about that one. That one was a scary one. I dislike like it for a long time but then I listend to it when I was older and could enjoy it more for what it was. Not just a freaky show but I very good message as well.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Oh, and I could never listen to the Mysterious Stranger alone. Especially the last scene of the first part. That scream is just...chilling. I still doubt I can listen to it without shuddering.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Mysterious Stranger scared me when I was younger, too. Especially the part where Whit and Lucy are walking in the burned down Tate House and the brain-damaged man did those very creepy laughs. Now that scared me a lot. Plus Kent "Wakefield" behaviour was weird too.

C&C never scared me that much; it did make me a little sad because I know that so many people out there are trapped in Satanic role-playing games. And they get hooked on drugs and the occult and stuff. That's the real scary stuff--when you meet someone REAL whose into it. One guy at my college was into D&D. "You can be good as you want, or as evil as you want. I like being evil--it's fun," he said.

*shudders*
[-o<
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Castles and Culdrons scares me. I have heard it only twice, but they made it just a little too realistic.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Mortal Coil was indeed frightening when I was little. It talked about 'death' and I didn't really understand it then.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bmuntz wrote:The case of the secret room and Bad luck. Bad luck isn't very scary but when I Listened I remember being very afraid. Not of having Bad luck but just something about I disliked a lot.
I totally forgot about "Bad Luck." That show was in the first album I got and part of the only album I had for at least a couple years so I heard all those shows many times. I don't know that I was "scared" per se but it sure bothered me (more than C&C at that age). I've never been too fond of that show... [-(
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

For me, the three creepiest eps ever, is 'The Unraveling' where Justine dies, 'The Black Veil' which the entire thing was very unnerving, and 'Tornado!' I have been through a real tornado, and the way they did the tornado when the Straussberg family is in the basement is almost exactly how it was when I went thorugh a tornado. When I first ehard the ep, I actually got scared! Me! A 17 year old!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

hey were can you buy an education and is there place were you ask questions like this
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Castles and Cauldrons
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

mdb17 wrote:hey were can you buy an education and is there place were you ask questions like this
Did you mean to post this as a separate topic? :?
You might want to check out "shop" in the header and look under "Campell County Community College?"
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Ah, I forgot to mention The Unraveling. That scene was just plain creepy.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

How about the piranha (sp?) scene in "The Last Great Adventure of the Summer"?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I never found the piranha scene that frightening. Now that I think about it, I probably should have found it scary, but I didn't. I guess there are some things that freak some people out more than others.

That is an extremely cool episode, though, as my username shows. \:D/
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

For some reason, the other night I was thinking of Armitage Shanks' cryptic words:

"Nothing is as it seems"

Struck a bit of fear into me.

-shasta