Washington DC

Have you ever been there?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Have you ever been there?

Yes, and is was great!
44%
Yes, but I've been to better places
18%
No but I want too
18%
No
15%
I'm going to go soon
6%

Total votes: 34

Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Washington DC

Post by Epic »

I'm in Washington DC right now! Acutally in a hotel in Annapolis I think. Just about 10 miles from Washington DC!

So have any of you ever been there? If you have what was your favorite part?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah we went for our senior trip... it was really cool but I don't really remember specifically what was more fun than other things. Err... actually I think we had more fun terrorizing the hotel then actually seeing the sights but it was all entertaining. ;)
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Are you sure you aren't in Arlington, or, at worst, Alexandria? If you're in Annapolis, you're a lot farther than ten minutes out. In fact, it would take you nearly 30 minutes to drive to the New Carrolton metro station, which is the last stop on the Orange Line. The metro ride to Capitol South is probably a good 25-30 minutes, and it's another 10 or more to Federal Triangle.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Post by Prince Caspian »

I have been to D.C. twice!
\:D/
Coolness! Anyway, I loved the Air and Space Museum, the Washington monument, etc. Have a lot of fun!
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

My family has Washington D.C. several times... I've enjoyed seeing all the various government buildings and such. My favorite was probably either the Lincoln Memorial or the Capitol building. What I enjoyed most about DC was that the entire city is laid out in a logical way -- the city layout is very geometric. :D I hope you enjoy your visit there!
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've been to D.C. once, years ago though. I loved it - we just needed more time! \:D/

I really enjoyed the American History Museum, the Holocaust Museum, and the Lincoln Memorial, although everything was really interesting. The Washington Monument was closed when we were there, so I've always wanted to go back to visit that. We had to rush through some of the museums, so it would be great to be able to leisurely go through them all again.

Also, my parents have been back recently, and they went to the International Spy Museum - that's something I would like to see as well. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Nope, I've never been to D.C but I have a friend who's from the city. He likes it.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I just took the Red Line into DC three days ago. \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

That's really cool Epic! My family went there a few years ago, and we didn't want to leave. :D
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I've been there twice or three times. My memories are limited, but I remember the Capitol Building, the Lincoln Memorial, and the flowering trees.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Yes I have been there. A few years ago my family went to D.C. and alot of different places up in that area liek N.Y.C and such. And what did I love was probely the Spy musemn and the holecost musenm. Well what I saw about the holecust musemn. MY little brother was only 7 so we couldn't stay. It was way too graphic for him.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Wish I could but I am near 2000 miles away ](*,)
Is someone willling to pay my way? O:)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love DC! I'm going again next weekend! :D I don't get there nearly as often as I would like. :(
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Clodius Albinus wrote:Are you sure you aren't in Arlington, or, at worst, Alexandria? If you're in Annapolis, you're a lot farther than ten minutes out. In fact, it would take you nearly 30 minutes to drive to the New Carrolton metro station, which is the last stop on the Orange Line. The metro ride to Capitol South is probably a good 25-30 minutes, and it's another 10 or more to Federal Triangle.
Your right! We were at Branch Av. of the metro on the green line!

It was great. We are back now. But I was a little disappointed about the spy museum! For as long as we waited (about 1 hour and 30 minutes probally more but I wasn't keeping track) I think it could have been better!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Yea I was about two years ago. We went practically everywhere. Captial,Veitam memorial, Jerfferson Memorial, Lincoln Memerial, Library of Congress, World War II Memorial, Smithsonian, basically everything except for the National Catherdial and the National Art Institute but we might go back soon. I was all kind of a blur though. We got up early and went to bed late every day. Walked everywhere. It's a killer ti your feet.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Konservative Kid wrote:It's a killer ti your feet.
I know, my feet were SO tired. And my mom was having foot problems when we went...she had me push her in a wheelchair around the American History Museum. :- What was funny, was that once trying to push her out of an elevator, the wheels wouldn't go over the little bump at the door. Everyone on the crowded elevator was watching us struggle, not knowing that if she wanted to, my mom could just stand up and walk out. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I go... in about two weeks time.. whenever the 22nd of April shows up. I be there for 10 days...and only three days of actual freedom from my parents! I'm going with my school. It's going to be disaster, as it is forming up to be. Literally. We have houses at this church we are staying at, and the houses each only have one shower, and two toilets (somewhere). And there are 16 girls, and some odd boys. And then there are parents/shaperones. And there is NO furniture, and all this other stuff. My parents, me, and Sharayah are staying in a hotel. People have been given that opportunity to take it if they want a hotel instead of the houses.

And then there is everything we are doing. We may not get into the White House, and the Pentagon, and the FBI building... and a few other things. Which is a bummer. Maybe meeting with our Senator would be okay, but I want to meet the PRESIDENT! (Wouldn't happen even if we got into the White House in the first place)

But, yeah, I can't wait! Second time around to D.C., and guess what? First time REMEMBERING it! I'm so happy! (Lots anf lots of pics...)
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I wanted to go to the White house but we didnt get the chance too.. We did get to go inot the capital building which was relly cool. And when we went there it wasnt tourist season so we didnt hav eto wait fo rthe spy musemn.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

We stayed at my best friend's house when she lived there a few years back. I can't say the city was all that exciting. Germany is much cooler. :noway:
Do you believe in the couch?
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I've never been :(

But I want to go very badly! \:D/

I especially want to see the holocaust museum and whatnot :D
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)