Actors Married!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Actors Married!

Post by fatlooy »

I just saw this on the scoop...
Genni Mullen Long played Lucy Cunningham Schultz on AIO. Lucy was around for most of the series until the characters were scrapped and started anew. She is now married to Donald Long, voice of Jack Davis.
….
Donald Long primarily played Jack Davis on AIO, along with several other side characters. He is now married to Genni Mullen Long, voice of Lucy Schultz.
Annywho that shocked me very much..
-looy

Edit - please quote material that you copied from another source. Thanks! - Catspaw
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Woah! \:D/ And in other news I saw that the South attacked an abolitionist stronghold... I hope that the Union can hold together. :(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

fatlooy wrote:I just saw this on the scoop...
Genni Mullen Long played Lucy Cunningham Schultz on AIO. Lucy was around for most of the series until the characters were scrapped and started anew. She is now married to Donald Long, voice of Jack Davis.
….
Donald Long primarily played Jack Davis on AIO, along with several other side characters. He is now married to Genni Mullen Long, voice of Lucy Schultz.
-looy
Not a surprise or shock to me.

"Jack and Lucy were played by Donald Long and Genesis Mullen. Donald and Genny knew each other outside of Adventures in Odyssey. In fact, they grew up and went to school together. They also fell in love, and in 1993, began a new and different kind of adventure-marriage."

From the Complete Guide to Adventures in Odyssey, page 57.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jonathan Park
Gold Member

Post by Jonathan Park »

Laurie wrote:
fatlooy wrote:I just saw this on the scoop...
….
-looy
That should not be a surprise, or a shock. They married in 1993 and this information is in the Complete Guide.
Exactly and her name on the show was Genni Mullen and now her name is Genni Long is that not a big enough hint :?:
I didn't mean to personally offend anyone.
Last edited by Jonathan Park on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruth
Not as new

Post by Ruth »

Aww, that's really sweet.
Ruth 4 Jesus
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Jack and Lucy have a special friendship at one point in Odyssey?
Do you believe in the couch?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

hubcap wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Jack and Lucy have a special friendship at one point in Odyssey?
Uh not really no. They were good friends, but I'd say Jack and Donna were more "special friends" than Lucy and Jack ever were.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

They started dating at 16, got engaged at 17 and got married at 18.
Quick arent they!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That isn't that quick, really, especially since they had known each other for a while.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Most people don't get married at 18, Catspaw. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Dr. Dobson would not approve. :-$
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

uh wait hold on guys. Are we talking about Jack and Lucy or Donald and Genni?

JAck and Lucy on the show had no relationship romantically. But Donald adn Genni did off the show. Be careful to keep those separate. ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JesusFreak777 wrote:uh wait hold on guys. Are we talking about Jack and Lucy or Donald and Genni?

JAck and Lucy on the show had no relationship romantically. But Donald adn Genni did off the show. Be careful to keep those separate. ;)
I'm pretty sure they are talking about Donald and Jenni, given the ages quoted in Oreo's post.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jonathan wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:uh wait hold on guys. Are we talking about Jack and Lucy or Donald and Genni?

I'm pretty sure they are talking about Donald and Jenni, given the ages quoted in Oreo's post.
I hope that's true.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Most people don't get married at 18, Catspaw. ;)
That's funny - I did. :-k

Okay, I didn't. ;) And I know that a lot of people are older than that when they get married, but it's not like they met two months before they got married. That's what I meant by "not quick" - I didn't say not young. And they're still together and happy, and it's not like they're saying that everyone else has to get married at 18, so it really doesn't matter.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I meant that they were young when they got married but maybe not too quick though.... not as quick as my parents, they got married 3 months after they met. The article I found the info on when Genni and Donald married is at http://odysseyscoop.com/ under interviews.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Wouldn't it be awesome if Lucy and Jack got married in the AIO universe and happened to be the characters that are supposed to return in the upcoming season? :D
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yeah, Donald and Genni knew each other long before joining the cast of AIO in '87. I'm fairly sure their families went to church together. So although 18 seems young, it also seems completely appropriate in their case. Sometimes God just puts the right people together earlier. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon