What's the longest drive you've done in one day?

Tell us all. :x

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What's the longest you've ridden in the car for?

1-7 hours?
17%
8-14?
22%
15-21?
44%
22+?
17%

Total votes: 18

jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Idk, but we drove from NC to Florida in one day.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Driving down to LU for the first time. Now it's only around 13 hours (one way), but the first time when I didn't know the way I ended up getting lost and it look me a little over 18 hours.

If you want to count times where I've been on the road but not actually the one driving, I took a bus to CFAW (College For A Weekend) once that was 23 hours.
Laura Ingalls wrote:To cap it all off, the lens in my glasses fell out on the way there so I was practically blind the rest of the way. :x
Were you driving? If you were blind I hope not :noway: .

Combined double post. Please refrain from doing so in the future. :)- Kairi

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

The Top Crusader wrote:Do I get bonus points for making the 400 mile round trip every other weekend from the time I met Continental Admiral in January of 2006 until we got married in March of 2007!? \:D/ It isn't that long of a drive but... its repetitious. ;)
Aww how romantic O:)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

movieman85 wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:To cap it all off, the lens in my glasses fell out on the way there so I was practically blind the rest of the way. :x
No...I was probably around 12 years old on that trip. O:) I don't even have my license NOW...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
movieman85 wrote:
No...I was probably around 12 years old on that trip. O:) I don't even have my license NOW...
*copies and pastes Laura Ingalls' smallprint into Microsoft Word and increases the font to 18*

It's all about which state trooper you have when you take the road test. When I took my road test when I was 16, all my state trooper made me do was drive down the street, do a 3-point turn, back up in a straight line, then drive back to the DMV. :D

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
movieman85 wrote:
Do you have your permit yet? o_0
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I think it was Mountain Home, Idaho to Sidney, Nebraska. Mappoint says that's just over 11 hours, but it took us much, much longer. Closer to 18. I was ill that day and we had to make frequent stops.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I once hit it 250 yards with my friend's driver!!!! :shock:

\:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Danadelfos wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:
movieman85 wrote:
Do you have your permit yet? o_0
I DID. :-

I had a learner's permit for a few years, but it ran out on my 20th birthday. :( I never went in to take the test, and now I feel like I'm SOOO out of practice that I need to get another learner's permit just to get used to driving again.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

18 hours...Down to TN...we got lost, though...even though we go every year. Same roads, same stops...and we got lost. *heavy sigh*
Do you believe in the couch?