What's the longest drive you've done in one day?

Tell us all. :x

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What's the longest you've ridden in the car for?

1-7 hours?
17%
8-14?
22%
15-21?
44%
22+?
17%

Total votes: 18

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

What's the longest drive you've done in one day?

Post by Danadelfos »

We just drove down to San Antonio and back. And, I think that's the longest we've driven in one day. It was about 16-17 hours, and we did it in one day, and then on the way back we drove straight through the night. o_0
Last edited by Danadelfos on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've done basically that before as far as a "ride"... as for me myself driving I think 9-10 or so in one day.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Medford, Oregon (somewhere near Medford, anyway) to Denver, Colorado.

Fun.

Very long. 17 hours or so, I think.
Last edited by Elf of Rivendell on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I actually drove for 9 hours down to San Antonio, so that's the farthest I've ever driven at one time.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I have ridden in the car for 7-8 hrs straight going to Kansas City (which we have done I don't know how many times)

When we went to Las Vages we drove from Ok to either AZ or NM and stayed the night, then we drove on through to NV! yay me!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

If you stay the night somewhere that doesn't count. :-
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Four hour round trip . . . haha up to an obscure airport to drop off my friend and home. that's it!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Danadelfos wrote:If you stay the night somewhere that doesn't count. :-
i know...but still, I have ridden in the car for probably 10 hours straight once. :)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

18 hour straight. We then stopped at a rest stop so my parents could sleep...and continued our journey for another 6 hours...
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

From DC to St. Louis nonstop. That's my longest and I forget how long.

We're actually driving to Florida for Christmas and since we have 4 drivers in the family, all of us are tying to get my mom let us go non stop. Sadly she's putting her foot down and demanding a good night sleep at a Motel 6 to split up the fun :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'm not sure, we've driven from GA to DC, which took awhile. Then there was the time we went to VA...so I'm sure.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The longest drive I've made in one day as a passenger--Twin Cities to somewhere in Michigan. 17 hours I think. Made it to Niagra Falls the next day.

The farthest with me behind the wheel--summer of '06 we (meaning me and my friends) drove down to Nebraska to visit one of our number who was living down there that summer. We took two cars, one of them mine. It was about 400 miles if I remember correctly (Twin Cities to Rock Port Missouri [which is where the motel was--our friend was in Brownville Nebraska, which was right across the river]), and it took us around 9 hours. But that's because we took our time--normally it would've taken closer to 6 or 7. When all was said and done I'd put over 1000 miles on my car over three days.

Longest road trip I've ever taken was just over 5000 miles over three weeks. And I wasn't driving that time.

5 hour trips are pretty normal for me.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Do I get bonus points for making the 400 mile round trip every other weekend from the time I met Continental Admiral in January of 2006 until we got married in March of 2007!? \:D/ It isn't that long of a drive but... its repetitious. ;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I believe that the longest drive I've been on was from here to Destin, FL... It was somewhere between 11-13 hours. :p
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Since there are no more than 24 hours in a day, the longest I've ever been in a car in one day would have to be 24 hours. :anxious:

And then we stayed in the car for a few more 24 hours... :-s
don't forget the rain.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It was probably about 15-17 hours...Thanksgiving traffic on the way to Connecticut. Not fun. At all. To cap it all off, the lens in my glasses fell out on the way there so I was practically blind the rest of the way. :x

I listened to a billion Odyssey episodes on that trip. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I went to Alabama. In one day and it was an 13 hour drive with a 21 month old, a 9 year old and a 12 year old and my parents I was going to die after that. ](*,)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Our longest drive has probably been the 13-15 trip from Washington, D.C. down to Orlando, FL. Your butt really starts to get sore when you're sitting for that long... not to mention a lackage of leg room. :x
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I think our longest total hours drive over two days was 22 hours. :-k
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

14-20 hours, I think. My parents even considered driving to Montana. Thankfully, we flew instead. :-
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*