VBS

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

VBS

Post by Arla »

Our church's backyard VBS is ending this week. Has anyone else had their VBS or do you still have to have it?
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Well, my church in Baltimore always does it the last week of June so that it's the same week as ours Convention, and we have kids from the churches all over the world. At my church here in NY, though, we are short on volunteers and short on kids. Last year we just did one big day of VBS, and nothing's even been said about it for this year at all.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

We're having a VBS of sorts at my house next week. We've invited a bunch of kids from my siblings' school and stuff, so we're really praying that some kids will come. It'll only be Monday-Wednesday, and then Thursday we're having an open house and inviting the parents in the hopes of reaching them, too. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

My church has all ready had VBS. it was about two weeks ago. I missed it 'cause I was somewhere else, but I wouldhave loved to go and help. I always do. They needed me, desperately. Oh well, my other two friends had fun together, without me.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Our church's is starting on Monday.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

Ours is next week. Splash Zone!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Ours was the end of June..
...I hate marquees.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Ours is starting this coming Monday. I plan to volunteer there! \:D/
redcanadian87
I'm a teapot

Post by redcanadian87 »

Ours is coming up this Monday as well. I'm definitely involved, with music and skits and such. Ours isn't done by any one particular church, rather, it attempts to be non-denominational. What ends up happening though, is that church leaders from one denomination get upset when leaders from another church try to teach certain Biblical principles... like salvation. Much prayer is needed, cause We'd really like to see these kids come to know the Lord, but it is hard when we're threatened when we try to tell the Kids that Jesus is the only way to heaven. :pray:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Ours ended last week. It was amazing. 35 kids came. 34 kids accepted Christ.

Yay! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

We had VBS last week. I'm not sure how many kids we had in all, but every night we had at least 26. Not very many visitors were brought in, but the kids came back practically every night!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Our's started on Monday.
I'm the mini-soundman. (Tim's the official soundman)
I get 5-seconds of fame tomorrow by being in the skit for a tiny part... as a crazy super-soaker touting 4-yearold
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Our was the last week in June and we did Group's Avalanche Ranch (awesome program btw!) we had 150 kids!!! Now for a real small church thats exciting since all the other years the most we ever had was like 105 - 110. Praise God!
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

I missed my VBS..=( I go EVERY year but this year I missed it!! I was very sad!! My church doesn't have a VBS I go to another one that's in another church...If we had one at our church I would most DEFF be helping out...
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

I help w/the VBS at my church...I'm a kindergardener teacher this year!! the date it aug 6-10/11 (the 11th is a BBQ/end of VBS aprty thing for all the ppl at my church and all the familys in VBS) So if you live in socal (Southern California) in the LA aria and are interested in doing VBS lat me know!!! The theam is Sunforce Kids (secret agent theam) and itss PreK-5th grade.
-Looy
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

There's a few of us out here, but none probably close enough to you. ;)

Kimberly did VBS last year and loved it, but we're going to miss doing it this year. She just started preschool, and there's just not enough time in the day for both. Which is too bad, because our church is doing a really cute fairy tale theme this year (what God wants our "Ever After" to be). Last year was pirates (Matthew 6:21). \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

my church is too small to do VBS but I usually go help out at other churches. one ADD 7-year-old told me he was "behaviourly challenged".

I think I still have Life Way's Game Day Central songs stuck in my head... -_-
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

We already did VBS, and we did Gameday Central!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Man, I haven't been in VBS for about 10 years, but it was awesome! I still remember running around playing a Biblical take on "capture the flag" before the tore up the church lawn for a parking lot.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:Man, I haven't been in VBS for about 10 years, but it was awesome! I still remember running around playing a Biblical take on "capture the flag" before the tore up the church lawn for a parking lot.
Darn those parking lots! :insane:

The last time I went to VBS was....about 4 years ago :anxious:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)