Scrapple - YUM!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Scrapple - YUM!

Post by Arla »

I loooove scrapple. I ran out of some and had to travel to the east coast to get some more. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? You probably have to be from the east to know. I don't think thety sell it in stores anywhere else. At least to my knowlege. It's kind of in the realm of sausage and bacon. You don't want to know what's in it because it's disgusting. But if you don't think about it, it's yummy! :yum:
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Heh...I had scrapple for the first time out in Virginia a couple weeks ago. I'd never heard of it before then. It was alright. I wouldn't say I loved it or anything, but it was decent. It looks kind of gross, though, and rightfully so, because the ingredients are pretty gross.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Originally, I thought the subject of this thread read, "Scrabble - YUM!"

I was wondering what was so tasty about Scrabble. :-
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Originally, I thought the subject of this thread read, "Scrabble - YUM!"

I was wondering what was so tasty about Scrabble. :-
heh. That's what I though too! And then I thought "well, maybe they mean Snapple" :anxious:

But I have never heard of scrapple. Sorry. I've never been farther east than where I am now (Iowa)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I live in Virginia, but I don't think I have ever heard of scrapple before. It doesn't sound like something I would eat though.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

At first I also thought you were talking about Snapple...then I realized I had seen Scrapple sold at the Vermont Country Store before. It doesn't sound too appetizing... :-#
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

The ingredients in scrapple are:

Pork stock, Pork, Pork livers, Pork skins, Yellow corn meal,
Pork hearts, Whole wheat flour, Pork tongue, Salt, Buckwheat
flour, Sodium citrate, Sodium diacetate, Wheat flour,
Spices, Dextrose, Flavoring.

So I highly, highly doubt that I will ever be eating any. Mostly because I don't eat pork. And also because I have this thing against eating skin, liver, heart, tongue or any other "gut" type thing. :sick:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Hmm...the scrapple I had included pork snouts, too...there must be different kinds..... :-k
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

Scrapple ... man, it's been a while. They don't sell it in stores here, but I have an Uncle from NJ who bring us up a bunch. Mmm.
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image