Amazing Grace

Who's seen it?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Gandalf wrote: The language is NOT as bad as Pluggedinonline makes it seem. First, 'bloody' won't be noticed at all unless you're British and several of the instances of H--- are not curses but actual usages (I think John Newton uses it once, telling Wilber Wilberforce exactly where slavery coems from). The other three 'profanities' are really just appropriate period pieces. The language in this movie is NOT offensive to even the most delicate of ears (I went to see it with a girl who hadn't been to the theater for years because of her desire to not be offended, this movie was not offensive in the least to her). Trust me, unless you decide beforehand to be offended, you will NOT be offended by the language.
that's pretty much what I thought but I'm glad someone said so. in most historical movies and or books I don't have as much of a problem as in modern day settings. mostly, I guess, because they didn't use them the same way people do now. I hope my family goes soon because I'm just dying to see it.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...