Valentine's Day

Big deal or not.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Important!

Not Important
26%
Don't care least I get candy!
16%
neither
16%
just a excuse for store to sell stuff
13%
Top's Pro-Valentine's Day option
19%
JF's Pro Int'l "Boys are Stupid/Evil, Throw Rocks at them" option
10%

Total votes: 31

Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

:hilarious:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Darcie wrote:Sorry dear, but I'd better refrain. ;)
Dave doesn't count. :noway:
Well, he's the only one nearby! But I can throw virtual rocks at faraway boys in support of my jilted friends, I suppose. O:)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Darcie wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
Darcie wrote:Sorry dear, but I'd better refrain. ;)
Dave doesn't count. :noway:
Well, he's the only one nearby! But I can throw virtual rocks at faraway boys in support of my jilted friends, I suppose. O:)
Exactly! And We won't throw any at Dave. Promise! \:D/

*edit's the poll* \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
odysseyer
Not as new

Post by odysseyer »

not really a big deal
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

My parents consider today a "day to thank our children" day... Fine with me! ;)

~Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

It might be a big deal if i had a b/f or husband.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love Valentine's Day! \:D/ And I don't have a husband or boyfriend either...I just love to celebrate holidays! My brothers, sister, and parents are just as deserving of candy and hearts as a husband. :noway:

The table is decorated with little paper hearts and candles, and I made some chocolate donuts with red and white sprinkles for everybody. I'm going to wear red/pink today too. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I love Valentine's Day! \:D/ And I don't have a husband or boyfriend either...I just love to celebrate holidays! My brothers, sister, and parents are just as deserving of candy and hearts as a husband. :noway:

The table is decorated with little paper hearts and candles, and I made some chocolate donuts with red and white sprinkles for everybody. I'm going to wear red/pink today too. \:D/
Wear white to celebrate the Day of Purity instead! \:D/

Almost the entire campus is doing it here - it's so cool!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Good idea to wear white today....
Yah i am not really into Valentines day thingy that much, but i think that will change when I meet that certain person if anyone catches my drift :anxious: I do have someone in mind today but I am pretty sure he dosen't have me in mind :cry:
happy valentines day anyway to all those who celebrate it... \:D/
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I don't really do anything special on Valentine's Day (today). But everytime it rolls around, it makes me think of the Odyssey ep. about St. Valentine. Why didn't they air it today anyway?

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

COWSPAW wrote:My family has never celebrated it... it's not like Christmas or Easter or anything. It's for couples and hey, if they want to spend money, why not? ;)

-Cowboy
You'll feel differently when you have someone special in your life.... :inlove:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Esther Doyle wrote:
COWSPAW wrote:My family has never celebrated it... it's not like Christmas or Easter or anything. It's for couples and hey, if they want to spend money, why not? ;)

-Cowboy
You'll feel differently when you have someone special in your life.... :inlove:
I'm sure we'd celebrate it as religiously as Christmas or Easter.... :inlove:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

JesusFreak777 wrote:*starts launching rocks at all guys who come near* \:D/

Ladies ~ anyone want to join me? ;)
Amen Sister! :highfive: *starts throwing rocks*
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Pc Pro wrote::hilarious:
Excuse me sir, you may not have read the rules. And just in case you haven't I would just like to let you know of a rule that we have in thetoo.
1.2 - Short Replies (ie. one or two words or smilies)
Often times members may feel the need to post a reply that is only one or two words. This is not good message board etiquette and with money also being a factor on this board, short replies such as "yeah", "ditto", "don't care", "huh?", "nothing", "not interested", etc... are not encouraged (neither are single smiley faces). In some Hillingdale Haven threads it is acceptable, but in almost every other circumstance, please try to avoid short replies. As a general rule, if a thread deals with an issue or poses a question that you have little interest in or cannot answer a question with anything but "nothing" or "don't know", please do not respond.
It's been a pleasure helping you. :D

;) :p
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

Valentine's Day is of the devil. \:D/
~S~
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

YESTERDAY WAS VALENTINES DAY :dumb:!?!?!?!
*checks calender*
Oh I guess it was. It has never been a big thing in my family.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I didn't get anything for valentine's day :(

except for heart cookies \:D/
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Zelda Paw wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:*starts launching rocks at all guys who come near* \:D/

Ladies ~ anyone want to join me? ;)
Amen Sister! :highfive: *starts throwing rocks*
Mental note to self: Stay away from girls on Valentine's Day.

;)

edit: also, don kevlar and body armor.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Lord_Kappa wrote:There is no way you can be for Valentines day! It's against cardinal and moral laws! :noway: ;)

It's not a big deal for me, I actually try not to even notice it. The hearts on the doors and windows get frightning after a while though. :anxious:

I went to buy a rose from the flower shop, a Red Rose for my sister when it was "r" day at our homeschool co-op. I had the feeling that everyone was thinking it was for my (non-existant) girlfriend. :sick:

Why does the day have to be there? All it does is add pressure on already difficult relationships. All boy/girl relationships are difficult, don't try to tell me otherwise. :D
While Valentine's Day might be awkward for those (mainly males) in new relationships or adolescent ones, in established relationships it is a great day to remind us to acknowledge how much the other person means to us. (At least that is the way I view it!) It's also a day to have fun if you want for those who like holidays--I always make cards and give chocolate to my family every year and usually they give me something as well......this year my dad called me and said:
"Roses are red, dandelions are yella. I love you alot cuz you don't smella." and then hung up......he's so awesome! \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I used to really dislike the romantic side of Valentine's day, but always enjoyed getting roses from my dad... I think Valentine's day tops my favorite holiday list. ;)

But yeah, I enjoy Valentine's day. It's an awesome holiday to let people you care about - know it! \:D/

I had a fun one - though it seemed to go on for weeks... But that's fun to extend a holiday such as Valentine's day. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.