Radio Theatre Question

Just wondering...

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Radio Theatre Question

Post by Lulu the Paw »

Okay, I know this isn't Odyssey per se, but I have a question that somebody in the know might be able to answer.

So, yesterday I bought Amazing Grace, and it was awesome, but something's been bugging me. Who is Dilber? This name is mentioned in almost all, if not all of the Radio Theatre productions. There's got to be an interesting story behind this.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

In the very first RT A Christmas Carol, Ebeneezer Scrooge's housekeeper's name was Mrs. Dilber. The RT crew liked the character so much that they put a character with the name Dilber in every RT. You have to listen and figure out what kind of being Dilber is.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Yeah, on the bonus CD in the Narnia boxed set they explained this "running gag," and how they wanted to change the housekeeper in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe from Mrs. Macready to Mrs. Dilber, but they weren't allowed to.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Interesting... I've listened to a lot lof Radio Theatre and I've never noticed that.

Topic moved to Harlequin Theatre. Thanks! ~Aelwyn
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

My Narnia set doesn't have a bonus CD. :-k How strange.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Lulu the Guru wrote:My Narnia set doesn't have a bonus CD. :-k How strange.
The bonus CD was only available if you ordered the boxed set of all seven Narnia RTs from FOTF. If you bought your CDs from a bookstore you did not get one. Sadly, if you want one you might be out of luck. FOTF's site does not have it listed. The only thing I can suggest is that you call FOTF and ask if you can still order it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I must have got my set too early, because I have a 7-ep set that was ordered through FOTF, but it was before their more recent push, and I think that's when they added the bonus disk. The price was also way lower than their original marketing price...but at least I've had longer to enjoy them, I guess. ;) I listened to part of The Horse and His Boy just last night! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think they did the bonus CD and released it with the seven disc set to coincide with the Disney movie release. I honestly do not remember what the circumstances were, or when I ordered mine.
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

The Horse and His Boy...they should make that one into a movie. Not only is it one of the most exciting ones, they also wouldn't have to worry about the Pevensies getting too old, since they would already be grown up.

I love the music in that RT! I am a big movie sountrack fan, so I try to listen for cool scores. My favorite ones for music have are The Secret Garden, all of the Narnia ones, and Little Women.